An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lame Board Prayer Thread

hoosieranna

MissScripture

Thank you to whoever was praying, because I somehow miraculously made all my connections.
Now, focus on praying for Mrs. WillT, who should be getting ready to give birth...

I've had a bad chest and head cold for about a week now, and I cant shake it off. Its starting to make me a bit depressed. Please pray. Thanks!

missionseeker

I have to do something that I really don't want to do today. It's going to be very painful and hurt someone else and I just don't like that. It's going to be for the best, though and I must otherwise things would turn out worse. I'll do it at around 4:30pm EDT. I'm dreading it.

Deus te Amat

Please pray for my discernment process. Normally this choice would be relatively easy to make, but there are some unique circumstances that makes the decision difficult...

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1482279' date='Mar 23 2008, 01:05 PM']Please pray for my discernment process. Normally this choice would be relatively easy to make, but there are some unique circumstances that makes the decision difficult...[/quote]
Certainly, my precious friend :)

Can you pray for me too? I leave on Wednesday for Christ in the Desert to begin my postulancy. It's forecast to snow wednesday. It could be an interesting trip down!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Staretz' post='1482367' date='Mar 23 2008, 02:14 PM']Certainly, my precious friend :)

Can you pray for me too? I leave on Wednesday for Christ in the Desert to begin my postulancy. It's forecast to snow wednesday. It could be an interesting trip down![/quote]

Of course! My prayers will be with you in the years to come. :)

MissScripture

I need lots and lots of prayers. First, let's just say my visit home for Easter could've gone better. And now that I'm back at school, I have a TON of school work, plus getting ready for graduation, finding a job and a place to live, and working on a play.
Thanks.

missionseeker

got your back, Paddington!

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1477233' date='Mar 14 2008, 09:39 AM']I have to do something that I really don't want to do today. It's going to be very painful and hurt someone else and I just don't like that. It's going to be for the best, though and I must otherwise things would turn out worse. I'll do it at around 4:30pm EDT. I'm dreading it.[/quote]

so that went semi-decently. I told a best friend that we should not be friends- and it's better that way- because we had started to use each other. Him usingme as a personal punching bag(verbally) and me using him as crutch, pretty much.

Anywho, I asked him not to talk to me like we used to. I even asked him to take my number out of hisphone(though after that,there were a lot of emails to try and sort things out and it got more civil, anyway). I got a text from him yesterday (which means he didn't take my number out).

His dad is dying (he has been battling cancer for the past yaer and a half).

This smells of elderberries. I basically have this thing called codependency which is a weird form of a sort of mental disorder, almost kind of like alcoholism. It's catch-phrase is "when caring becomes a disease". *sigh. I reallly do care about this guy, but I'm not sure this isn't too much for me. He was my codependent relationship. (and not in the controlling sense of codependent, I was the one controlled). and I needed to get out of it for me. And I'm not sure what to do with him texting me and sending me emails about his dad dying. I'm fighting the codependent tendencies (to say forget it and go to him) ith every fiber of my being. But every fiber of being has been fighting everything else for so long that I'm afraid they're all going to break.

SO... He needs prayers. His mom needs prayers. His dad and his siblings and neices and nephews need prayers.

And I need prayers.

For my university audition Saturday. Check out the prayer thread for more info. It's important I get accepted to this university.