An Old School Catholic Message Board

[angry] With God

GodChild

93 Phillies

I would like to talk to you on AIM or something. I have my differences with the Catholic Church as well, but I think your hate for the Church is masquerading as a hate for God. It is not the same thing.

I feel guilt now ... absolutely racked with guilt as if too ashamed to step outside cause God can see me and I can't hide under a roof
I don't know, maybe I am possessed like ppl say ... I feel so much anger at so much injustice ... I feel sick and tired of His love and mercy and want His rage to fall to the earth and kill everyone - I want less mercy and more justice. It makes me sick .... and I reach bursting point and I spew it everywhere ... not in any particular direction, just anywhere and at anything that gets in the way, and God gets in the way cause His everywhere
I feel like maybe i should go to confession but then I feel too guilty too and to ashamed ... and angry, cause going to confession is to admit I'm wrong but I know I'm not wrong .... this injustice and the evil ppl do is not OK. Its not ... and I do not accept that all we have to do is turn our cheek and sit silent cause such evil is a 'holy' cross - its not and I KNOW im right

Its ok to be angry at injustice. I am not going to hate or condemn you. You have experienced a lot of injustice, and much of it from religious leaders. But, I am thwankful for the mercy of God. It keeps me alive and hopeful. Yes, do go to confession. Yes it is hard and humbling. But it is also necessary and healthy.

it can be very frustrating that the world is unjust...you know, as hard as it may be to believe, God hates injustice much more than you do. there is hope that someday--the eternal day--all will be well. in the meantime, we[b] can[/b] do what we can--with God's grace, to stop injustice.

when Jesus was slapped, he asked "why did you hit me?"

HollyDolly
:sadder: Who says you are dammned? Jesus is the ulitmate judge of all men and women when we die,not any man.
Have you ever seen medieval paintings of judement day? You will see monks,bishops and other members of the clergy going to hell as well as heaven,just like ordinary people. Not all clergy are abusers,etc. I know my great aunt,Sister Mary Generose a School Sister of Notre Dame was not. I have a photo of one of her students who is a priest.I guess he must have sent it to her
after he was ordained. I think she must have made a big impression on him in the way she acted and lived her life,that he decided he wanted to serve God. I too get angry sometimes,when I see all the suffering in the world,especially in regards to children. I don't think little ones should get cancer or other such dieases,just us older folk.
You are angry because the Church should have done more to protect children from abuse by the clergy and religious,that they should have turned these people over to the law and did not.

I'm sorry if someone in the clergy hurt you,but not all are bad.Look at Father Damien who spent his life worling with lepers in Hawaii,and St.Catherine Drexel,who founded the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament to work with American Indians and Blacks at a time when they were neglected and discriminated against.Father DeSmet also worked with native americans .
There are missionaries right now in Mexico and South America trying to improve the lives of the people and elsewhere in the world.

I think the dualisim of the Cathars,Manicieans and others came about as a way to explain the injustices of the world.
We all care about you and are praying for you.I have had some very rough times in my life,but I always knew Jesus loved me and sometimes he was the only one I felt I could turn to.

Have you thought of maybe volunteering and doing something to help children or others?I work two jobs,but maybe when I retire from my first job,I could be a child advocate for the state I live in,with of course proper training which they give you.
Some religious orders have lay associates,you know,people who help them in their work.Perhasp if you got invovled in some activities helping others,you could make even just a little difference in their lives.It would be a small start to perhasp later taking on bigger things since you feel so passionately about it.

i thought of you when i was reading this Sunday's readings:

[quote]Reading 1
Is 66:10-14c

Thus says the LORD:
Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad because of her,
all you who love her;
exult, exult with her,
all you who were mourning over her!
Oh, that you may smell of elderberries fully
of the milk of her comfort,
that you may nurse with delight
at her abundant breasts!
For thus says the LORD:
Lo, I will spread prosperity over Jerusalem like a river,
and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent.
[b]As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms,
and fondled in her lap;
as a mother comforts her child,
so will I comfort you;[/b]
in Jerusalem you shall find your comfort.

When you see this, your heart shall rejoice
and your bodies flourish like the grass;
the LORD’s power shall be known to his servants.[/quote]

as a mother, the bolded part really struck me. when i nurse my child, there is an overwhelming feeling of tenderness, protectiveness, and love towards my child. do i feel this at other times? of course. but when i am nursing my child, those feelings are multiplied, many many times. how much more so does our God love us! how much more does He comfort us! i will pray for you especially today, that you might feel the tenderness, and comfort of the Lord.

Anastasia13

[quote name='GodChild' post='1311497' date='Jul 3 2007, 04:30 PM']Enjoy your day, saing your prays and telling yourself how holy and righteous you are and how lost I am :sick:[/quote]
I think your hatred of people suffering and injust happening makes you in some ways more holy than the indifferent in this world. God wants our faith to be more than just an intellectual understanding but an integral part of how we live, loving not just God, but other people as well. The Bible tells us that those who love the Lord hate evil. Be someone He uses to make the world a better place for someone, or a call to righteousness and accountability for those in power, or protect those in need. I would love to hear how God uses you and your passion to bring something good into this world with so much sin and evil.

Edited by Light and Truth

[quote]Be someone He uses to make the world a better place for someone, or a call to righteousness and accountability for those in power, or protect those in need.[/quote]
funny how it falls back on me

I Hate how there is no condemnation - just silence
I know there are many 'religious' who write on this site and NONE of them have said anything ... just silence ...

A priest sexually abuses a child half an hour prior giving the Eucharist - and silence ...

This is a very touchy topic for me because I was abused by Holy ppl as a child - and as a result left the faith for atheism for many many years. Eventually I came back - only to have the same thing happen again :maddest: AND there is nothing but silence

I went to Church this morning and the priest told me not to come to Church, theres no point .... and bluntly I feel like thats the first bit of truth I've heard in a long time

I am tired of hearing the same old ... jesus crucified, love everyone, speaches. The indifference of the Church is sickening - the indifference of so-called Christians is sickening .... and then you wonder WHY ppl leave the Church. I know why I left to begin with and why I am tempted to do so again.

Im not angry with anyone here ... its the ppl *I* have contact with ... so don't get your undies in a knot

[quote name='kafka' post='1311522' date='Jul 4 2007, 10:09 AM']shouldnt this be deleted ?[/quote]

Yes that would be convenient and seems to be the only approach the Church takes towards anything 'not nice' occurring amongst its ranks ... just DELETE the victims - out of sight, out of mind ... all's holy again

I know it wasnt your intent (or at least I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) but THIS is the very thing that has me angry

[quote]Be someone He uses to make the world a better place for someone, or a call to righteousness and accountability for those in power, or protect those in need.

funny how it falls back on me[/quote]

I didnt mean that comment in a nasty or sarcastic way .... I WILL do something about it ... but look at my situation
a lay nobody dare raise accusations against priests and religious .... where do u think that will land me? Excommunicated? a trouble maker? (or as i have already been accused) a satanist?, a sick person?

I will have my name smeared through and through by the so-called holy ones ... I will be held up as a poor lost person that everyone should pray for or someone who has lost their soul. I will be pushed aside at the very utterance of anything
Victims of 'religious ppl' are murdered not once but over and over again ... till they'll shut up and accept its the will of God

:annoyed: Not helping, I am getting more and more grumpy

The Church will be richer for your words; the poorer for your silence. Nobody likes a shinobi disturber, especially in a religious context. I will continue to pray for your emotional, physical, and spiritual health

Is it possible to edit a past post .... I'd like to remove the word 'hate' from the post and replce it with angry, or furious ... like 'Angry with God" rather than 'Hating God' - in all honesty I don't hate God ...

I'm sorry for what happened to you. I have not prayed enough for priests... and for the poor people who were abused.

All I know is, as Red said, "in Jerusalem you shall find your comfort".

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='GodChild' post='1318165' date='Jul 8 2007, 05:43 AM']I didnt mean that comment in a nasty or sarcastic way .... I WILL do something about it ... but look at my situation
a lay nobody dare raise accusations against priests and religious .... where do u think that will land me? Excommunicated? a trouble maker? (or as i have already been accused) a satanist?, a sick person?

I will have my name smeared through and through by the so-called holy ones ... I will be held up as a poor lost person that everyone should pray for or someone who has lost their soul. I will be pushed aside at the very utterance of anything
Victims of 'religious ppl' are murdered not once but over and over again ... till they'll shut up and accept its the will of God

:annoyed: Not helping, I am getting more and more grumpy[/quote]
If someone has done someting to you within your country's statue od limitations you go to the police and file a complaint. In the US a victim of abuse cannot be publically named, and you can get a gag order that the case may NOT be discussed. I assume Aussies have somewhat the same protection. Not dealing with abuse is to stay a victim. Dealing with it makes you a survivor. Be a survivor!