An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are You Pro-life

slickchic34

Are you Po-life  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1493915' date='Apr 6 2008, 06:38 PM']This is far too simplistic. White healthy babies are desirable, asians are next in line, followed by hispanics. There are black babies waiting for adoption, as well as babies with chronic diseases.[/quote]

This is simply not true. There are hundreds of thousands of people one the waiting lists for newborns- even minority and disabled ones.

franciscanheart

[quote name='zabbazooey' post='1495149' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:44 PM']Thanks, hughey. Well it's a REALLY weird dream, and could never happen in real life but here goes:

I dreamt I gave birth to a baby boy, and he went into cardiac arrest. The hospital was not "pro-life" so they didn't even attempt to revive him, saying he "obviously wasn't viable"

It really made me realize that ALL babies, whether they are in the womb or not are human, and deserve a right to live.

Being a "parent" in my pretend dream, I was really shaken up, and my heart sunk to my feet. I couldn't imagine actually "choosing" to do something like that to my own child.

I can't even believe I was apathetic about the issue of abortion before. I mean, it really shook me up. But I guess that's a good thing :)[/quote]
That's intense, dude. For real. That kinda gripped my heart and shook me a little too. I can't even imagine. That's an awesome wake-up call! Thanks for sharing!

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1495229' date='Apr 8 2008, 09:25 PM']This is simply not true. There are hundreds of thousands of people one the waiting lists for newborns- even minority and disabled ones.[/quote]

Umm. No. Midly disabled infants are often not considered unless their problem can be easily fixed. Many "crack babies" grow up in the system.

and since I can't photocopy my textbook on to phatmass or talk to my proffer at one am here's the best article I could find.

[url="http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1027/p11s01-lifp.html"]http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1027/p11s01-lifp.html[/url]

we're actually giving our black babies to other countries, just as we adopt from China.

slickchic34

wow thats really sad, i still say the best solution for a woman's unexpected suprise of a baby( i never say problem, or mistake, just an unexpected surprise) is adoption, the loving option. Who's seen Bella??? :unsure:

• 2 months later...

My religion teacher likes to say to students, "The Church is pro-choice- pro-[i]right[/i] choice."
Also, it is interesting how when you ask anyone to give you an antonym for life, it would be death- not choice.
No one wants to be considered pro-death though.

Another point: As Catholics we believe in respect for life from conception until natural death a.k.a. womb to tomb. This means that in between those stages of life, respect for the dignity of each human person is also a must. Sometimes it seems like the pro-choicers neglect to have compassion on the unborn, but the pro-lifers neglect to have compassion on the pregnant mother, confused parents, abortion doctors, etc. There is a way to stand our ground and maintain our belief that human life is sacred and still have respect for all people. (Love the sinner, hate the sin). But I can not believe how many stories I have been coming across about abortion doctors who have been shot at or pregnant teens who face the threat of being disowned by their families. This "pro-life" is condemnatory and not respectful to the lives of all involved. I think this is why pro-lifers have a bad rep sometimes and also why pro-choices get motivated to push for things like trying to garner respect through freedom of choice. Respect and dignity is deserved by all humans, but that doesn't mean we have to condone the morally wrong actions.

Please share your thoughts on this.
If you'd like, comment on negative examples of so-called pro-life and what it looks like to be pro-life in a positive way.

• 5 weeks later...

I am pro-choice, but I would never have an abortion my self. I would be pro-life if it weren't for the fact that kids take a lot of resources. So if the father isn't around and the mother doesn't have the money or the time the child ends up in foster care. The US foster care system is terrible and in immense need of reform. The system is over crowded and under funded. Many kids never finish high school. Kids in foster care have a much, much higher chance of going getting arrested, getting addicted to drugs, and / or being chronically homeless. Imagine when you turned eight-teen getting kicked out of your house with no place to go, no high school diploma and no one to rely on. Foster care has been doing a terrible job of preparing teens to go out into the world once they age out of foster care. To add the this problem some of the foster homes are less than perfect, they can be over crowded and / or have abusive foster parents. So if it weren't for the less than steller lives the babies had to look forward to I would be pro-life.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1627429' date='Aug 14 2008, 05:50 PM']Got yah cant win dont try, murder the children way before they even have the chance to fail.[/quote]

Okay I feel as though I missed the first part of your post. What do you mean by "Got yah"?

[quote name='lilCook009' post='1627283' date='Aug 14 2008, 05:22 PM']I am pro-choice, but I would never have an abortion my self. I would be pro-life if it weren't for the fact that kids take a lot of resources. So if the father isn't around and the mother doesn't have the money or the time the child ends up in foster care. The US foster care system is terrible and in immense need of reform. The system is over crowded and under funded. Many kids never finish high school. Kids in foster care have a much, much higher chance of going getting arrested, getting addicted to drugs, and / or being chronically homeless. Imagine when you turned eight-teen getting kicked out of your house with no place to go, no high school diploma and no one to rely on. Foster care has been doing a terrible job of preparing teens to go out into the world once they age out of foster care. To add the this problem some of the foster homes are less than perfect, they can be over crowded and / or have abusive foster parents. So if it weren't for the less than steller lives the babies had to look forward to I would be pro-life.[/quote]

Just because their future, which by all means you cannot see, may seem hopeless to you, or perhaps you know you cannot provide for them, you would rather kill them? Is that logical? That is one choice that is NOT up to you. YOU do not have that choice, you do not have the right to choose who lives and dies, that rely's in God's hands ALONE. There are other options. Because any option is better than murder.

princessgianna

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1323252' date='Jul 10 2007, 05:29 PM']It's euthanasia... not youth in Asia :P:[/quote]
You know, i always thought euthanasia was the youth in Asia! And I never understood
what the problem was in Asia with their youth till my parents clued me in!
lol the things you hear and conclude when you are younger! :rolling:

[quote name='lilCook009' post='1627283' date='Aug 14 2008, 05:22 PM']I am pro-choice, but I would never have an abortion my self. I would be pro-life if it weren't for the fact that kids take a lot of resources. So if the father isn't around and the mother doesn't have the money or the time the child ends up in foster care. The US foster care system is terrible and in immense need of reform. The system is over crowded and under funded. Many kids never finish high school. Kids in foster care have a much, much higher chance of going getting arrested, getting addicted to drugs, and / or being chronically homeless. Imagine when you turned eight-teen getting kicked out of your house with no place to go, no high school diploma and no one to rely on. Foster care has been doing a terrible job of preparing teens to go out into the world once they age out of foster care. To add the this problem some of the foster homes are less than perfect, they can be over crowded and / or have abusive foster parents. So if it weren't for the less than steller lives the babies had to look forward to I would be pro-life.[/quote]
While we are weeding out the problem children, why not throw minorities out too? I mean blacks commit more crimes than whites, so by your logic we might as well abort them so the rest of the world is better off.

:rolleyes:

[font="Arial Black"][color="#9932CC"]I'm going to start by saying I'm 100 % pro life!!! I think all three things listed are wrong, I would never do them myself and I would never condone any one else doing them.
Why am I pro life? Say a man and a woman get married. Then the woman decides that her husband is being "inconvenient" to her plans for her life. Does that give her a right to "choose" to kill her husband? NO! Of course not, that would be murder. So why does she have a "right to choose" to kill her baby because it's inconvenient to her?
I could say more but I'm afraid that I will say something mean so I won't say anything.[/color]

[color="#008000"]God bless
~Betsy[/color]

:luigi: [color="#FF0000"]Everyone[/color] [color="#2E8B57"]loves [/color][color="#FF0000"]an[/color] [color="#2E8B57"]Italin[/color] [color="#FF0000"]Guy![/color][/font]