An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are You Pro-life

slickchic34

Are you Po-life  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God the Father

Abortion is, contrary to what's been mentioned prior, disgustingly inefficient.

Abortion should be outlawed, not because it's unethical, but because without it this country(this planet?) could have a miniature menial job squad.

Ever walked through a city and been disgusted at the amount of trash littering the streets? Ever been appalled by the state of border security? Ever wished a small army of toddlers on stationary bikes could produce enough electricity to power Detroit?

Women who don't want their baby can, instead of offering it for adoption or getting it nixed, would sign it over to the government. Now I no what you're thinking, government should be kept small and taxes low yadda yadda yadda and I hear you but the plan would call for a total overhaul of the social welfare department and money can always be taken from the Israel fund if need be.

The children would be kept alive and stimulated etc. by a science/medical contractor in agreement with the government for five or six years, until they can walk, communicate crudely, and perform basic tasks etc. at which point they would be assigned a job. The jobs would be stuff that a five or six year old can do and continue to do for a good 12 or so years, IE cleaning up trash in cities and highways, generating power, holding a tommy gun and standing on the Mexican border shooting anyone dark who tries to cross it and when they stop moving let an adult know. The possibilities are endless. Think of any seemingly easy task to be done where it seems like there's not enough people willing to do it and walah it's done.

In exchange for their labor the children are treated to a government subsidized private education. They would live in large blocky complexes with bedrooms and common areas with billiards tables, tobacco machines, pinball, etc. whatever Uncle Sam has the extra cash to provide. Their families would be their fellow unwanted children, the directors of their occupations, and the social workers in charge of their physical/mental/emotional health and development.

Once the little mistakes turn eighteen they'll be on their own, unless they desire otherwise. If the system works their education will have succeeded and their social workers will have prepared them for real life.

There is no ethical dilemma here because they have been saved from oblivion. Almost all of societies little ills will be fixed, thousands upon thousands of human resources will be rescued over the years.

Anything unconventional in the children's lives that arises as a result of their occupation could be remedied unconventionally and without hassle because the system and it's components are property of the state. There will be no upset family, and with any luck, no upset socially progressive people. If it's necessary for the kids to become nocturnal or attend school for 14 years, so be it, it must and will be done.

The government would take the position that America's new menial workforce is to be lauded and respected for their contributions, and for the system to be a success the media and the population would have to be manipulated to believe likewise, so as the children workers will not be stigmatized once they're out. If the child desires a college education and has the work ethic(and he should) and credentials to do attend, the child's former status as a state slave should not affect his chances. Any discrimination that occurs as a result will give the socially progressive people something to whine about.

Every time an abortion is performed more than one 300 millionth of America's (I say America because other nations would be too inhibited by their accents to take initiative with the program until it was tested successfully) productivity is flushed down the sink. Meat is murder.

Sorry if there's some swear words in there I forgot to take out, I typed it up in wordpad a few days ago just as the thoughts came out of my mind.

And I do believe abortion is unethical, for the record.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='God the Father' post='1325050' date='Jul 12 2007, 05:50 AM']And I do believe abortion is unethical, for the record.[/quote]

If you sincerely believed that, you would not make fun of its victims.

And by 'victims' I include the children themselves, their families, and society at large. Only God knows just what and who we've lost. Miserere nobis.

i had no trouble with ticking the boxes against abortion and euthanasia, but had to think about the contraception one.......
help!!!!

contraception makes the marital act imperfect, and creates a blemish because the husband and wife cannot fully give of themselves when a it is present.

[quote name='God the Father' post='1325050' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:50 PM']Abortion is, contrary to what's been mentioned prior, disgustingly inefficient.

Abortion should be outlawed, not because it's unethical, but because without it this country(this planet?) could have a miniature menial job squad.

Ever walked through a city and been disgusted at the amount of trash littering the streets? Ever been appalled by the state of border security? Ever wished a small army of toddlers on stationary bikes could produce enough electricity to power Detroit?

Women who don't want their baby can, instead of offering it for adoption or getting it nixed, would sign it over to the government. Now I no what you're thinking, government should be kept small and taxes low yadda yadda yadda and I hear you but the plan would call for a total overhaul of the social welfare department and money can always be taken from the Israel fund if need be.

The children would be kept alive and stimulated etc. by a science/medical contractor in agreement with the government for five or six years, until they can walk, communicate crudely, and perform basic tasks etc. at which point they would be assigned a job. The jobs would be stuff that a five or six year old can do and continue to do for a good 12 or so years, IE cleaning up trash in cities and highways, generating power, holding a tommy gun and standing on the Mexican border shooting anyone dark who tries to cross it and when they stop moving let an adult know. The possibilities are endless. Think of any seemingly easy task to be done where it seems like there's not enough people willing to do it and walah it's done.

In exchange for their labor the children are treated to a government subsidized private education. They would live in large blocky complexes with bedrooms and common areas with billiards tables, tobacco machines, pinball, etc. whatever Uncle Sam has the extra cash to provide. Their families would be their fellow unwanted children, the directors of their occupations, and the social workers in charge of their physical/mental/emotional health and development.

Once the little mistakes turn eighteen they'll be on their own, unless they desire otherwise. If the system works their education will have succeeded and their social workers will have prepared them for real life.

There is no ethical dilemma here because they have been saved from oblivion. Almost all of societies little ills will be fixed, thousands upon thousands of human resources will be rescued over the years.

Anything unconventional in the children's lives that arises as a result of their occupation could be remedied unconventionally and without hassle because the system and it's components are property of the state. There will be no upset family, and with any luck, no upset socially progressive people. If it's necessary for the kids to become nocturnal or attend school for 14 years, so be it, it must and will be done.

The government would take the position that America's new menial workforce is to be lauded and respected for their contributions, and for the system to be a success the media and the population would have to be manipulated to believe likewise, so as the children workers will not be stigmatized once they're out. If the child desires a college education and has the work ethic(and he should) and credentials to do attend, the child's former status as a state slave should not affect his chances. Any discrimination that occurs as a result will give the socially progressive people something to whine about.

Every time an abortion is performed more than one 300 millionth of America's (I say America because other nations would be too inhibited by their accents to take initiative with the program until it was tested successfully) productivity is flushed down the sink. Meat is murder.
Sorry if there's some swear words in there I forgot to take out, I typed it up in wordpad a few days ago just as the thoughts came out of my mind.
And I do believe abortion is unethical, for the record.[/quote]

Ah there is child labor laws! And growing up in a life like that...6 years olds and your picking up trash on the road? 6 year olds barely clean their rooms! Also you know how bad the U.S. will look if one of those kids gets killed guarding the border?
Thats like child slavery!! Putting them up for adoption is a better choice. Besides I heard that they made a law that at planned parenthood [b]HAS[/b] to tell the woman that go there, The govorment give them...er...$500? to give birth to the child. Hostipal bills and medicene are all paid for, plus the $500.

slickchic34

I have a small disagreement with the whole other option thaan adoption thing. the one were you would put them in a facilty.
Some people believe that in the future we will breed children like flowers, by just taking the sperm and the egg and an artificial womb. and that the child will grow up in what almost would be like boot camp, college and daycare rolled into one. And that they will have no outside contact with the world; just side the facilties. The even proposed doing it with the elderly too. at leasts thats what i heard.
Isn't that horrible??? :maddest: :sadder: :unsure: :shock:

Edited by slickchic34

sarcasmguy126

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1322798' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:00 PM']I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.[/quote]

interesting observation

yeah, i'm very pro-life. who gave man authority to take away innocent lives? Because God did not, no one has a right to. I like the way C.S. Lewis described the human body and soul, etc. in his book Mere Christianity:

My body is not even my property, but the landlord's (God's) property.

Ain't it true?

God the Father

[quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1326678' date='Jul 13 2007, 09:25 AM']Ah there is child labor laws! And growing up in a life like that...6 years olds and your picking up trash on the road? 6 year olds barely clean their rooms! Also you know how bad the U.S. will look if one of those kids gets killed guarding the border?
Thats like child slavery!! Putting them up for adoption is a better choice. Besides I heard that they made a law that at planned parenthood [b]HAS[/b] to tell the woman that go there, The govorment give them...er...$500? to give birth to the child. Hostipal bills and medicene are all paid for, plus the $500.[/quote]

Child Labor laws would not apply because, well, they'd be repealed. The international community doesn't have to know about it. This is the government, so any interference from the government is not an issue. Adoption is a better choice, but for some reason you still have women getting abortions. That's what has to stop, and you can't make adoption the mandatory replacement for abortion, because there wouldn't be enough homes and parents. "Growing up in a life like that" would be better than getting snuffed before you were born don't you think? Six year olds can be whipped into shape, I've seen it done plenty of times. If one of those kids gets killed guarding the border, well at least they got a good six-eighteen years of life in eh? As opposed to getting aborted? It would be slavery, you're right, if the kids weren't educated and weren't freed when they turned eighteen. It's indentured servitude really, in exchange for saving their lives. I'm not sure what you're getting at with the last part of your post, I don't understand.

[quote name='slickchic34' post='1327183' date='Jul 13 2007, 03:47 PM']I have a small disagreement with the whole other option thaan adoption thing. the one were you would put them in a facilty.
Some people believe that in the future we will breed children like flowers, by just taking the sperm and the egg and an artificial womb. and that the child will grow up in what almost would be like boot camp, college and daycare rolled into one. And that they will have no outside contact with the world; just side the facilties. The even proposed doing it with the elderly too. at leasts thats what i heard.
Isn't that horrible??? :maddest: :sadder: :unsure: :shock:[/quote]

I see what you're getting at, but you didn't really refute my argument. Living a childhood subjected to manual, menial labor is better, in my opinion, then not having a childhood--life, make that--at all. It would be the only way to make abortion illegal and not subject the kids to even worse lives with crackwhores and parents who hate them and wanted to get them aborted, growing up in horrible communities and conditions, having their psyches warped, being deprived of needs and any entertainment besides what can be found on the streets.

In a perfect world all pregnancies are planned and all parents are loving. However society's been so messed up over the years that it's not going to happen, at least in a very long time and with a series of miracles. I don't think it's not possible, I just think more kids could be saved by doing this as soon as possible.

Lioness For Christ

Against it all period... I'm 100% prolife... I read a newspaper today where someone was being acused of being pro abortion and she stated, "No one is pro abortion" it disgusted me because if you arent' pro life than what are you?

[quote name='God the Father' post='1327500' date='Jul 13 2007, 07:59 PM']Child Labor laws would not apply because, well, they'd be repealed. The international community doesn't have to know about it. This is the government, so any interference from the government is not an issue. Adoption is a better choice, but for some reason you still have women getting abortions. That's what has to stop, and you can't make adoption the mandatory replacement for abortion, because there wouldn't be enough homes and parents. "Growing up in a life like that" would be better than getting snuffed before you were born don't you think? Six year olds can be whipped into shape, I've seen it done plenty of times. If one of those kids gets killed guarding the border, well at least they got a good six-eighteen years of life in eh? As opposed to getting aborted? It would be slavery, you're right, if the kids weren't educated and weren't freed when they turned eighteen. It's indentured servitude really, in exchange for saving their lives. I'm not sure what you're getting at with the last part of your post, I don't understand.[/quote]

Do you have any younger siblings, or kids? Or even around little kids? Watch them and learn, they are amazing people! That is so cold to say "lets put them to work, who cares if they die they had a good little life!" People aren't putting there kids up for a adoption, because they don't want to have to go through pregnancies. Its not an easy 9 months and on top of that there are lots of bills. Just because your kid is up for adoption doesn't mean you don't have to pay medical fees. Yes I guess "work houses" are better then death, but still....

My last statement meant that the government is try to have less abortions. They are doing this by offering the women who want an abortion $500. Once the child is born the government will put it up for adoption. Orphanages have educations and are freed at 18, but aren't worked!

I do see what you're getting at though. There aren't enough homes to house these children. If you took what you have and made it less child laborish, you could have something promising. But 6 year olds guarding the border, picking up trash, meanwhile an 18 kid living at home, not in school or has a job, is sitting on he butt watching TV. If anything the government should make a law saying if you an adult not in school and jobless for x amount of months or years, should be guarding that border, cleaning that community. Or juvenile kids should have more community service time. Not the little children of America

If this is something that is really going to happen, I'll have no doubt America is going to hell!

God the Father

[quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1328450' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:38 PM']Do you have any younger siblings, or kids? Or even around little kids? Watch them and learn, they are amazing people! That is so cold to say "lets put them to work, who cares if they die they had a good little life!" People aren't putting there kids up for a adoption, because they don't want to have to go through pregnancies. Its not an easy 9 months and on top of that there are lots of bills. Just because your kid is up for adoption doesn't mean you don't have to pay medical fees. Yes I guess "work houses" are better then death, but still....

My last statement meant that the government is try to have less abortions. They are doing this by offering the women who want an abortion $500. Once the child is born the government will put it up for adoption. Orphanages have educations and are freed at 18, but aren't worked!

I do see what you're getting at though. There aren't enough homes to house these children. If you took what you have and made it less child laborish, you could have something promising. But 6 year olds guarding the border, picking up trash, meanwhile an 18 kid living at home, not in school or has a job, is sitting on he butt watching TV. If anything the government should make a law saying if you an adult not in school and jobless for x amount of months or years, should be guarding that border, cleaning that community. Or juvenile kids should have more community service time. Not the little children of America

If this is something that is really going to happen, I'll have no doubt America is going to hell![/quote]

The fact of the matter is the status quo is bad news, and without [i]dramatic[/i] change there is nothing to be done because "a woman's right to choose" has been "ensured" by the US Supreme Court. This plan I thought up over a soda just seems to have something for everyone. Life, purpose, education, and social interaction for the kids(It's not the grown-ups overseeing the operation would be African diamond mining rebels from Sierra Leone), and a tremendous upside for the nation that's impossible to ignore. The government is not going to outlaw abortion without something in it for them, because it's already been ruled on by SCOTUS. If you tell Joe Schmoe on the street that 1,000 kids on stationary bikes could be powering his apartment instead of getting snuffed, he'll get excited. It's a movement the half of America that's not religious and couldn't care less about poor kids they don't know can rally around. For some reason this makes a ton of sense to me, maybe it's just cause it's my idea, or maybe I'm too much of a realist or something. I don't know.

honestly, i dont know. i dont like abortion, i dont like adoption, and i dont like young women forced to become single mothers. as i am a guy, and thus not going to go through pregnancy, i could never allow myself, to force my opinion(for or against) on a woman with child. and thankfully, with my outlook on life, love and all that, abortion is never going to come into question, if i get a woman pregnant, because we will have planned it out beforehand.

contraception on the other hand for me is a no-brainer. if you want to use it then use it. flame me if you want but there you go.

Edited by Jesus_lol