An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Anime Fans?

Marieteresa

Marieteresa

JW, if there are any anime fans on here. If your a fan of a particular anime list it and why you like it.

gamesfanatic04

Two words: Trinity Blood
This is the plot, in the future the Catholic Church hunts vampires. I fell in love with the show after an android did the gun Kata from Equilibrium and points both pistols at the vampire and says "Pursuant to code 1345 of Cannon Law you are bound by the Church of Rome to accept judgment"
Also:
FLCL
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin

desertwoman

Big time fan. Got back from an anime convention in May.

Devil May Cry will be made into an anime

Highlander will also be made into an anime, and Trigun the movie will be coming out as well. We got to see some clips of them all.

Mindgames is a great anime movie that should be hitting the states again. It's about a man who dies and God gives him a second chance at life. Pretty good.

I love Inyusha, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf Rain, Escaflowne, Blood, Vampire Princess, Guyver, Vampire Hunter D, Ranma 1/2, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Monoke, and so on.

Marieteresa

okie I don't get Inyusha....Whats up with that show! It goes on forever!! Is there an actually plot?? FMA thats an awesome pic! Did you get a chance to see the movie?

desertwoman

The manga is long, but it is good. Kagome is a young girl who is the reincarnation of Kikyo. Kagome has the jewel and a demon visits her in present day Japan, and she is forced back into feudal Japan. Here, she meets Inyuasha, the lover of Kikyo, but he has been put into a deep sleep by Kikyo because she believed before she died, that Inyuyasha caused her death and tried to steal the jewel.

The jewel is shattered, and Kagome and Inuyasha (he's half demon, and half human) go on adventures with friends to gather the jewels before Naroko gets them and destroys the earth.

FMA movie was good!! I was confused at first, but I began to get the jest of it. Check it out!!! I was lucky enough to get it at my library.

Me! But I'm not like I used to be. I'm more of a mild otaku these days.

I started with the censored, dubbed Sailor Moon eps when I was 5.

Fullmetal Alchemist, D.N.Angel, Yuyu Hakusho, Gravitation (save your comments, please), Chobits, Angelic Layer, ANYTHING that Miyazaki-sama comes out with, but my favorite is Spirited Away. Ranma 1/2 is pretty cool, I need to see more of it.

I think I watched FLCL like, three times through, all the episodes. I *still* have no idea what's going on. :lol:

And I have decided that Inuyasha is never going to end.

I read more manga than I do watch anime... mostly because it's all so expensive. ^_^ anything I've watched or seen is from my friend, the library, or youtube. mostly my friend - I steal her manga all the time. :)

I LOVE Hayao Miyazaki's movies!! Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away... they're amazing. as far as actual shows, I've watched Fruits Basket, a little Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Ouran High School Host Club, DN Angel... but I've read all of them more than I've watched them.

Marieteresa

[quote name='Seven77' post='1325972' date='Jul 12 2007, 02:39 PM']Voltron![/quote]
Wow thats old school! But its a great show!

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1326256' date='Jul 12 2007, 06:53 PM']Wow thats old school! But its a great show![/quote]

yeah--the lions version though... not the corporate version.

old is gold.

[size=4]"form blazing sword!!!"[/size]

Witch Hunter Robin
Ghost in the Shell (movies and Stand Alone Complex)
Sailor Moon (my first)
Hellsing
Anything by Miyazaki