An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Anime Fans?

Marieteresa

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1330662' date='Jul 16 2007, 10:40 AM']Sweetness, your a hellsing fan? Do you own the box set? Are you reading the manga?[/quote]

Nope on the box set, I watched it all at a friend's house when I was at our unofficial anime club. But it rocked so much I had to pick up the manga. Definitely some differences, so many characters more fleshed out in such detail. (Hopefully not spoiling...but it is neat to see Father Anderson has a more human side.)

Im all about Rose of Versailles, or Lady Oscar as it is sometimes called. It takes place a few years before the French Revolution.
Its about a girl raised as a man by her father and she becomes the protector of Marie Antoinette. Its so good, because Lady Oscar's character has so much depth, she manages to exude a strong femininity which I love!

[img]http://www.marie-antoinette.info/3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Luthien' post='1334138' date='Jul 18 2007, 06:52 PM']Im all about Rose of Versailles, or Lady Oscar as it is sometimes called. It takes place a few years before the French Revolution.
Its about a girl raised as a man by her father and she becomes the protector of Marie Antoinette. Its so good, because Lady Oscar's character has so much depth, she manages to exude a strong femininity which I love!

[img]http://www.marie-antoinette.info/3.jpg[/img][/quote]

Looks kinda like a blonde Utena....

anyway, i'm kinda getting back into it after being out of the loop for a few years and it's grown ALOT since Sailor Moon (my first) and dragonball z.

some of my favorites include:
Sailor Moon, Magic Knight Rayearth, Inuyasha, Trigun, Lucky Star, Hayete no gotuku, Naruto, and Ruroni Kenshin. There's a couple others I want to check out too, like FLCL, Chrono Crusade, Chobits, and Trinity Blood, and a few of the "older" classics.

I also liked Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children and have Cosplayed as Aerith. Hopefully i can go to AFO in august!

This thread needs more

[img]http://www.fdguarino.com/images/AnimeManga/cb_groups0003_small.jpg[/img]

best anime ever.

[coyboy bebop]

Edited by Sirklawd

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Sirklawd' post='1341432' date='Jul 26 2007, 02:22 PM']This thread needs more

[cowboy bebop][/quote]

Verdad

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1341476' date='Jul 26 2007, 01:42 PM']Yoko Kano did a wonderful job with cowboy bebop's soundtrack.[/quote]

i <3 Yoko Kanno so so so so much.

<3

• 1 year later...

I am I am!!!!!

Cardcaptor Sakura (Wai wai! Pudding ya!) Inuyasha (sit boy!), Cowboy Bebop, Saiyuki, Wolf Rain, Sailor Moon, astro boy, Tenchi Muyo, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Yuyu Hakusho ...

Love it to death! I would love to do a cosplay someday of Sakura from Naruto but I can't sew to save my life...sigh. Oh well.

But yeah. I own no mangas, but I like to read them at the bookstore. there is a whole section dedicated to them :D

Edited by Selah

• 3 weeks later...

i cant believe nobody has said Case Closed. i mean come on, that is one of the best animes ever.

also:
Full Metal Alchemiest

YuYu Hakashow

thats all I can think of right now