An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Anime Fans?

Marieteresa

I like Cowboy Bebop, Blood the Last Vampire, Akira, Ghost in the Shell (all), AniMatrix, Princess Mononoke, Hellsing, Gunsmith Cats, Vampire Hunter D, Patlabor (all 3)... the list could go on for a while.

I've seen others that I've liked and can't remember the title. and there are some that I can't stand, like Pokemon, Dragonball Z, and others like that.

I also like reading some of the Manga.

Hi all, peace!

I only watch what anime they play on Cartoon Network--Naruto, Inyuasha, all that, BUT I saw a manga in the Christianity-section of the local Barnes and Noble here in the city...what was it? "Manga Messiah!" Yeah! It was the New Testament in manga-style. I'd pick it up if I was into manga--but I'm not. But thought I'd post it for the fans!

Winnie

Absolutely love anime!

My all time favorite as a kid growing up was Robotech. Some of my favorites are Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Noir, Madlax, Macross Plus, Ninja Scroll, Samurai X, Full Metal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, Basilisk, and Le Chevalier D'eon. This is just naming a few.

[color="blue"]Hai!

I get to go to Manifest in less than two weeks *yay*
My favourites would be...

Kyou Kara Maou!
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Inuyasha
Chrno Crusade
Sailor moon and DBZ (childhood favourites)

Oh and the avatar is from Moon Phase, another like :)

Darky [/color]

I don't care much for anime except for Voltron. lol. but anyway that "Manga Messiah" looks pretty cool and so does this [url="http://www.amazon.com/Manga-Bible-Genesis-Revelation/dp/0385524315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221845275&sr=1-1"]"Manga Bible"[/url]

[quote name='Winnie' post='1655849' date='Sep 15 2008, 11:31 AM']Hi all, peace!

I only watch what anime they play on Cartoon Network--Naruto, Inyuasha, all that, BUT I saw a manga in the Christianity-section of the local Barnes and Noble here in the city...what was it? "Manga Messiah!" Yeah! It was the New Testament in manga-style. I'd pick it up if I was into manga--but I'm not. But thought I'd post it for the fans!

Winnie[/quote]

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1323417' date='Jul 10 2007, 08:14 PM']JW, if there are any anime fans on here. If your a fan of a particular anime list it and why you like it.[/quote]

Oh I love anime!
My faves:
Fruits Basket
DeathNote
Yu Yu Hakusho
Bleach
Escaflowne
Nana
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa

[quote name='Winchester' post='1651858' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:55 PM']Anime is the scourge of modern animation. May it go the way of Beta and Kirk Cameron's acting cred.[/quote]

Saaay Whaaat?!

Haha on Kirk though, ever see his late night Televangelist show? It's him and some Australian dude going guerilla on random "sinners" on Sunset Blvd and the like! Hilarious! -Katie

[quote name='HolyPhoenix' post='1660342' date='Sep 20 2008, 11:54 PM']Anime is pretty. My favorite is Rouroni Kenshin.[/quote]

My sister watches that and I've seen some of it-definitely a great show!! I love the "Heart of a Sword" theme song, I listen to it all the time :) Katie

I'm really starting to get into anime lately. Been watching 12 Kingdoms and it is really pretty decent so far. I think a lot of anime has a lot of non-Catholic elements to it, especially being based so much on eastern philosophies, but if you get past that there is some good stuff. I like the possible parallel to temptation by satan in 12 Kingdoms

I recently watched Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust again on DVD (previously I had watched it online)...absolutely gorgeous animation, fantastic story. If anyone hasn't seen it (and doesn't mind animated violence and gore) they should definitely watch it.