An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican's Chief Exorcist Repeats Condemnation Of Harry Potter Nove

saint_wannabe

saint_wannabe

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1330104' date='Jul 15 2007, 08:41 PM']Exactly! He's fought the "author" all his life, he's seen things in real life we've only partly seen in our nightmares for him its easy know Satan signature![/quote]

finally someone agrees!! but why did you quote yourself?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kateri05' post='1330174' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:07 PM']wrong. #1, wasn't the pope, its when he was a cardinal, and #2, thats a total misrepresentation of what he said.[/quote]

#1 His being cardinal at the time and now being Pope is pointless to point out. His being Pope doesnt change his thoughts on such matters. Changing his mind on such things does not sound like Benedict or Ratzinger.

#2 It is not a "total misrepresentation," Ratzinger at the time said “it is good that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because those [color="#8B0000"]are[/color] [b]subtle seductions[/b] which act unnoticed and by this deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly.” Satan is the subtle seducer. Ratzinger agrees with the woman, all we have is the context of his correspondence with the woman, in the context of that correspondence Ratzinger very much seems to agree with her with saying "it is good that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because those [color="#8B0000"]are[/color] [b]subtle seductions[/b]."

Now Dr. Jeff Mirus seems to argue with much opinion, that circles are triangles, or Ratzinger was seemly against it but maybe not, and while Ratzinger was against it does not mean Pope Benedict is, that is quite contradictory. And the moment he gave permission for the letter to be made public it was no longer "private correspondence" but public statements.

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote name='saint_wannabe' post='1330177' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:08 PM']finally someone agrees!! but why did you quote yourself?[/quote]

Because I just about said the the same thing you said before but in another thread I posted where The Holy See's Chief Exorcist also stated that [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=69527&hl=Stalin"]Hitler and Stalin were possessed by Satan[/url] as well that Potter is satanic. And I say as well finally someone agrees!! Potter at best is moral and spiritual decay.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]#1 His being cardinal at the time and now being Pope is pointless to point out. His being Pope doesnt change his thoughts on such matters. Changing his mind on such things does not sound like Benedict or Ratzinger.[/quote]

its not at ALL pointless. statements made as the Vicar of Christ are VERY different in authority, weight and content than statements made by a cardinal in personal correspondence. even the pope recognizes this, tho you may not, by choosing to publish his last book on Christ under his own name and NOT as Pope.

that being said, the Pope's comment in his letter is MUCH more along the lines of what Micah referred to earlier, about such topics being dangerous for those who are not well formed, not by people who have formed consciences.

people need to relax and get a life! :rolleyes:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kateri05' post='1330288' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:50 PM']its not at ALL pointless. statements made as the Vicar of Christ are VERY different in authority, weight and content than statements made by a cardinal in personal correspondence. even the pope recognizes this, tho you may not, by choosing to publish his last book on Christ under his own name and NOT as Pope.

that being said, the Pope's comment in his letter is MUCH more along the lines of what Micah referred to earlier, about such topics being dangerous for those who are not well formed, not by people who have formed consciences.
people need to relax and get a life! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I still think it to be pointless when no evidence has been given that his mind has changed. And since he has allowed his chief exorcist to condemn potter as satanic with no rebuke whatsoever is interesting indeed. How so many can just brush The Holy See's Chief Exorcist off is surprising... and and somewhat depressing...

I would also add we who think potter is satanic have lives, and souls. And we dont think we're better than anyone else least I dont, and I'm sure the chief exorcist doesn't. It simply caring for the salvation of souls, and the rebuke of evil.

[quote name='kateri05' post='1330288' date='Jul 15 2007, 09:50 PM']people need to relax and get a life! :rolleyes:[/quote]
um yeah

KnightofChrist

To be honest... I somewhat offended by the "get a life" comments... Again, we who think potter is satanic [b]have lives[/b] by God, and souls! And we dont think we're better than anyone else least I dont, and I'm sure the chief exorcist doesn't. It simply caring for the salvation of souls, and the rebuke of evil. Should Fr. Amorth get a life? No... I didnt think so...

saint_wannabe

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1330323' date='Jul 15 2007, 10:16 PM']To be honest... I somewhat offended by the "get a life" comments... Again, we who think potter is satanic [b]have lives[/b] by God, and souls! And we dont think we're better than anyone else least I dont, and I'm sure the chief exorcist doesn't. It simply caring for the salvation of souls, and the rebuke of evil. Should Fr. Amorth get a life? No... I didnt think so...[/quote]

i agree.
the only reason i posted this thread is to let you guys know how bad it is. but for some reason you guys still brush it off like its nothing.

johnnydigit

[quote name='gamesfanatic04' post='1329733' date='Jul 15 2007, 02:10 PM']:( I would expect that kind of thing from protestants. It's really to bad, they are very good books and they get children to read, and reading leads to actually learning something.[/quote]

[quote name='saint_wannabe' post='1330102' date='Jul 15 2007, 07:34 PM']but this is the chief exorcist of the Vatican who is against it, and this isnt some average dude he has exorcised over 50,000 demons he knows a thing or too about evil
and also even the pope Benedict is against these book. i still dont understand why you guys are for it.[/quote]

yep. as much as people like it, as much as it seems to help people, and as much as it *seems* innocent, we need to listen to our Church and those left in authority. we need to trust that they know what they are talking about, and that they care for us just as Jesus did. Jesus specifically left them in charge to guide us.

i like the story about the baby and the knife. he sees a shiny object and wants to play with it, but the mother and father see a dangerous knife that can harm him. the baby cries when it is taken away and doesn't know why, but the parents do it anyways for his own good.

if you want to follow Christ faithfully, trust that they know what is good for you. there are plenty of other means of reading, and plenty of other means of entertainment. if you insist on pursuing this one fight, learn about why they feel this way and fully give them the benefit of the doubt before raising your arms in protest. do the research, learn the theology, and you may be surprised to see what you couldn't see before. and if you do protest, go through the proper channels and be patient, even if you don't get results right away, or even in your lifetime (sounds familiar?).

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1330323' date='Jul 15 2007, 10:16 PM']To be honest... I somewhat offended by the "get a life" comments... Again, we who think potter is satanic [b]have lives[/b] by God, and souls! And we dont think we're better than anyone else least I dont, and I'm sure the chief exorcist doesn't. It simply caring for the salvation of souls, and the rebuke of evil. Should Fr. Amorth get a life? No... I didnt think so...[/quote]
I appreciate Fr. Amorth's opinion, but I am more inclined to believe that the imagery she uses in the book is more in line with the article that I posted rather than being Satanic. While Fr. Amorth's opinion is of course weighty, I happen to disagree with him on this point of literary interpretation.

KnightofChrist

With the utmost respect I would pray that the faithful take into greater account, listen and follow the words of Fr. Amorth who is an expert on what is and what is not satanic instead on the words however well intended of someone that is not an expert on such matters.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1330292' date='Jul 15 2007, 08:53 PM']Harry Potter is gay.[/quote]

gasp :P: seriously tho, he's totally ending up with Ginny, i'm calling it right now ;)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='kateri05' post='1330348' date='Jul 15 2007, 10:42 PM']gasp :P: seriously tho, he's totally ending up with Ginny, i'm calling it right now ;)[/quote]
Hmm.. That must be what he's so gay about. That'll do it.