An Old School Catholic Message Board

The 150 Psalms

Resurrexi

Psalm 79 (Douay-Rheims)

A prayer for the Church in tribulation, commemorating God's former favours.

1 Unto the end, for them that shall be changed, a testimony for Asaph, a psalm.
2 Give ear, O thou that rulest Israel: thou that leadest Joseph like a sheep. Thou that sittest upon the cherubims, shine forth
3 Before Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasses. Stir up thy might, and come to save us.
4 Convert us, O God: and show us thy face, and we shall be saved.
5 O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy servant?
6 How long wilt thou feed us with the bread of tears: and give us for our drink tears in measure?
7 Thou hast made us to be a contradiction to our neighbours: and our enemies have scoffed at us.
8 O God of hosts, convert us: and show thy face, and we shall be saved.
9 Thou hast brought a vineyard out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the Gentiles and planted it.
10 Thou wast the guide of its journey in its sight: thou plantedst the roots thereof, and it filled the land.
11 The shadow of it covered the hills: and the branches thereof the cedars of God.
12 It stretched forth its branches unto the sea, and its boughs unto the river.
13 Why hast thou broken down the hedge thereof, so that all they who pass by the way do pluck it?
14 The boar out of the wood hath laid it waste: and a singular wild beast hath devoured it.
15 Turn again, O God of hosts, look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vineyard:
16 And perfect the same which thy right hand hath planted: and upon the son of man whom thou hast confirmed for thyself.
17 Things set on fire and dug down shall perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.
[size=2][color="#808080"]Things set on fire, etc... So this vineyard of thine, almost consumed already, must perish, if thou continue thy rebukes.[/color][/size]
18 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand: and upon the son of man whom thou hast confirmed for thyself.
[size=2][color="#808080"]The man of thy right hand... Christ.[/color][/size]
19 And we depart not from thee, thou shalt quicken us: and we will call upon thy name.
20 O Lord God of hosts, convert us and show thy face, and we shall be saved.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

[b]Psalm 80[/b] (Douay-Rheims)

An invitation to a solemn praising of God.

1 Unto the end, for the winepresses, a psalm for Asaph himself.
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]For the winepresses, etc... Torcularibus. It either signifies a musical instrument, or that this psalm was to be sung at the feast of the tabernacles after the gathering in of the vintage. [/color][/size]
2 Rejoice to God our helper: sing aloud to the God of Jacob.
3 Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel: the pleasant psaltery with the harp.
4 Blow up the trumpet on the new moon, on the noted day of your solemnity.
5 For it is a commandment in Israel, and a judgment to the God of Jacob.
6 He ordained it for a testimony in Joseph, when he came out of the land of Egypt: he heard a tongue which he knew not.
7 He removed his back from the burdens: his hands had served in baskets.
8 Thou calledst upon me in affliction, and I delivered thee: I heard thee in the secret place of tempest: I proved thee at the waters of contradiction.
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]In the secret place of tempest... Hebrew, of thunder. When thou soughtest to hide thyself from the tempest: or, when I came down to mount Sinai, hidden from thy eyes in a storm of thunder. [/color][/size]
9 Hear, O my people, and I will testify to thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken to me,
10 There shall be no new god in thee: neither shalt thou adore a strange god.
11 For I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
12 But my people heard not my voice: and Israel hearkened not to me.
13 So I let them go according to the desires of their heart: they shall walk in their own inventions.
14 If my people had heard me: if Israel had walked in my ways:
15 I should soon have humbled their enemies, and laid my hand on them that troubled them.
16 The enemies of the Lord have lied to him: and their time shall be for ever.
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]Their time shall be forever... Impenitent sinners shall suffer for ever.[/color][/size]
17 And he fed them with the fat of wheat, and filled them with honey out of the rock.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Domine ut Videam

Chapter 81
1 2 For the leader; "upon the gittith." Of Asaph.
Sing joyfully to God our strength; shout in triumph to the God of Jacob!
Take up a melody, sound the timbrel, the sweet-sounding harp and lyre.
3 Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our solemn feast.
For this is a law in Israel, an edict of the God of Jacob,
4 Who made it a decree for Joseph when he came out of the land of Egypt. II I hear a new oracle:
5 "I relieved their shoulders of the burden; their hands put down the basket.
6 In distress you called and I rescued you; unseen, I spoke to you in thunder; At the waters of Meribah I tested you and said: Selah
'Listen, my people, I give you warning! If only you will obey me, Israel!
7 There must be no foreign god among you; you must not worship an alien god.
I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Open wide your mouth that I may fill it.'
But my people did not listen to my words; Israel did not obey me.
So I gave them over to hardness of heart; they followed their own designs.
But even now if my people would listen, if Israel would walk in my paths,
In a moment I would subdue their foes, against their enemies unleash my hand.
Those who hate the LORD would tremble, their doom sealed forever.
But Israel I would feed with the finest wheat, satisfy them with honey from the rock."

Psalm 81 (Douay-Rheims)

An exhortation to judges and men in power.

1 A psalm for Asaph.

God hath stood in the congregation of gods: and being in the midst of them he judgeth gods.
2 How long will you judge unjustly: and accept the persons of the wicked?
3 Judge for the needy and fatherless: do justice to the humble and the poor.
4 Rescue the poor; and deliver the needy out of the hand of the sinner.
5 They have not known nor understood: they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth shall be moved.
6 I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.
7 But you like men shall die: and shall fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge thou the earth: for thou shalt inherit among all the nations.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Psalm 82 (Douay-Rheims)

A prayer against the enemies of God's Church.

1 A canticle of a psalm for Asaph.

2 O God, who shall be like to thee? hold not thy peace, neither be thou still, O God.
3 For lo, thy enemies have made a noise: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
4 They have taken a malicious counsel against thy people, and have consulted against thy saints.
5 They have said: Come and let us destroy them, so that they be not a nation: and let the name of Israel be remembered no more.
6 For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,
7 The tabernacle of the Edomites, and the Ishmahelites: Moab, and the Agarens,
8 Gebal, and Ammon and Amalec: the Philistines, with the inhabitants of Tyre.
9 Yea, and the Assyrian also is joined with them: they are come to the aid of the sons of Lot.
10 Do to them as thou didst to Madian and to Sisara: as to Jabin at the brook of Cisson.
11 Who perished at Endor: and became as dung for the earth.
12 Make their princes like Oreb, and Zeb, and Zebee, and Salmana. All their princes,
13 Who have said: Let us possess the sanctuary of God for an inheritance.
14 O my God, make them like a wheel; and as stubble before the wind.
15 As fire which burneth the wood: and as a flame burning mountains:
16 So shalt thou pursue them with thy tempest: and shalt trouble them in thy wrath.
17 Fill their faces with shame; and they shall seek thy name, O Lord.
18 Let them be ashamed and troubled for ever and ever: and let them be confounded and perish.
19 And let them know that the Lord is thy name: thou alone art the most High over all the earth.

Amen.

Psalm 83 (Douay-Rheims)

The soul aspires after heaven; rejoicing in the mean time, in being in the communion of God's Church upon earth.

1 Unto the end, for the winepresses, a psalm for the sons of Core.
2 How lovely are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!
3 My soul longeth and fainteth for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh have rejoiced in the living God.
4 For the sparrow hath found herself a house, and the turtle a nest for herself where she may lay her young ones: Thy altars, O Lord of hosts, my king and my God.
5 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house, O Lord: they shall praise thee for ever and ever.
6 Blessed is the man whose help is from thee: in his heart he hath disposed to ascend by steps,
[size=1][color="#808080"]In his heart he hath disposed to ascend by steps, etc... Ascensiones in corde suo disposuit. As by steps men ascended to the temple of God situated on a hill; so the good Christian ascends towards the eternal temple by certain steps of virtue disposed or ordered within the heart: and this whilst he lives as yet in the body, in this vale of tears, the place which man hath set: that is, which he hath brought himself to: being cast out of paradise for his sin.[/color][/size]
7 In the vale of tears, in the place which he hath set.
8 For the lawgiver shall give a blessing, they shall go from virtue to virtue: the God of gods shall be seen in Sion.
9 O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob.
10 Behold, O God our protector: and look on the face of thy Christ.
11 For better is one day in thy courts above thousands. I have chosen to be an abject in the house of my God, rather than to dwell in the tabernacles of sinners.
12 For God loveth mercy and truth: the Lord will give grace and glory.
13 He will not deprive of good things them that walk in innocence: O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

Amen.

Psalm 84 Douay-Rheims

The coming of Christ, to bring peace and salvation to man.

1 Unto the end, for the sons of Core, a psalm.
2 Lord, thou hast blessed thy land: thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
3 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people: thou hast covered all their sins.
4 Thou hast mitigated all thy anger: thou hast turned away from the wrath of thy indignation.
5 Convert us, O God our saviour: and turn off thy anger from us.
6 Wilt thou be angry with us for ever: or wilt thou extend thy wrath from generation to generation?
7 Thou wilt turn, O God, and bring us to life: and thy people shall rejoice in thee.
8 Show us, O Lord, thy mercy; and grant us thy salvation.
9 I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me: for he will speak peace unto his people: And unto his saints: and unto them that are converted to the heart.
10 Surely his salvation is near to them that fear him: that glory may dwell in our land.
11 Mercy and truth have met each other: justice and peace have kissed.
12 Truth is sprung out of the earth: and justice hath looked down from heaven.
13 For the Lord will give goodness: and our earth shall yield her fruit.
14 Justice shall walk before him: and shall set his steps in the way.

Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

Psalm 85 (Douay-Rheims)

A prayer for God's grace to assist us to the end.

1 A prayer for David himself.
Incline thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor.
2 Preserve my soul, for I am holy: save thy servant, O my God, that trusteth in thee.
[size=2][color="#808080"]I am holy... I am by my office and profession dedicated to thy service.[/color][/size]
3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I have cried to thee all the day.
4 Give joy to the soul of thy servant, for to thee, O Lord, I have lifted up my soul.
5 For thou, O Lord, art sweet and mild: and plenteous in mercy to all that call upon thee.
6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer: and attend to the voice of my petition.
7 I have called upon thee in the day of my trouble: because thou hast heard me.
8 There is none among the gods like unto thee, O Lord: and there is none according to thy works.
9 All the nations thou hast made shall come and adore before thee, O Lord: and they shall glorify thy name.
10 For thou art great and dost wonderful things: thou art God alone.
11 Conduct me, O Lord, in thy way, and I will walk in thy truth: let my heart rejoice that it may fear thy name.
12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify thy name for ever:
13 For thy mercy is great towards me: and thou hast delivered my soul out of the lower hell.
14 O God, the wicked are risen up against me, and the assembly of the mighty have sought my soul: and they have not set thee before their eyes.
15 And thou, O Lord, art a God of compassion, and merciful, patient, and of much mercy, and true.
16 O look upon me, and have mercy on me: give thy command to thy servant, and save the son of thy handmaid.
17 Show me a token for good: that they who hate me may see, and be confounded, because thou, O Lord, hast helped me and hast comforted me.

Amen.

Psalm 86 Douay Rheims

Fundamenta ejus.
The glory of the church of Christ.

1 For the sons of Core, a psalm of a canticle. The foundations thereof are in the holy mountains:
2 The Lord loveth the gates of Sion above all the tabernacles of Jacob.
3 Glorious things are said of thee, O city of God.
4 I will be mindful of Rahab and of Babylon knowing me. Behold the foreigners, and Tyre, and the people of the Ethiopians, these were there.
5 Shall not Sion say: This man and that man is born in her? and the Highest himself hath founded her.
6 The Lord shall tell in his writings of peoples and of princes, of them that have been in her.
7 The dwelling in thee is as it were of all rejoicing.

[color="#808080"][size=2]
1 "The holy mountains"... The apostles and prophets. Eph. 2. 20.

4 "Rahab"... Egypt, etc. To this Sion, which is the church of God, many shall resort from all nations.

5 "Shall not Sion say"... The meaning is, that Sion, viz., the church, shall not only be able to commemorate this or that particular person of renown born in her, but also to glory in great multitudes of people and princes of her communion; who have been foretold in the writings of the prophets, and registered in the writings of the apostles.
[/size][/color]

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Psalm 87 (Douay-Rheims)

A prayer of one under grievous affliction: it agrees to Christ in his passion, and alludes to his death and burial.

1 A canticle of a psalm for the sons of Core: unto the end, for Maheleth, to answer understanding of Eman the Ezrahite.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Maheleth... A musical instrument, or chorus of musicians, to answer one another. -- Ibid. Understanding... Or a psalm of instruction, composed by Eman the Ezrahite, or by David, in his name.[/color][/size]
2 O Lord, the God of my salvation: I have cried in the day, and in the night before thee.
3 Let my prayer come in before thee: incline thy ear to my petition.
4 For my soul is filled with evils: and my life hath drawn nigh to hell.
5 I am counted among them that go down to the pit: I am become as a man without help,
6 Free among the dead. Like the slain sleeping in the sepulchres, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
7 They have laid me in the lower pit: in the dark places, and in the shadow of death.
8 Thy wrath is strong over me: and all thy waves thou hast brought in upon me.
9 Thou hast put away my acquaintance far from me: they have set me an abomination to themselves. I was delivered up, and came not forth:
10 My eyes languished through poverty. All the day I cried to thee, O Lord: I stretched out my hands to thee.
11 Wilt thou show wonders to the dead? or shall physicians raise to life, and give praise to thee?
12 Shall any one in the sepulchre declare thy mercy: and thy truth in destruction?
13 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark; and thy justice in the land of forgetfulness?
14 But I, O Lord, have cried to thee: and in the morning my prayer shall prevent thee.
15 Lord, why castest thou off my prayer: why turnest thou away thy face from me?
16 I am poor, and in labours from my youth: and being exalted have been humbled and troubled.
17 Thy wrath hath come upon me: and thy terrors have troubled me.
18 They have come round about me like water all the day: they have compassed me about together.
19 Friend and neighbour thou hast put far from me: and my acquaintance, because of misery.

Amen.

Psalm 88 (Douay-Rheims)

The perpetuity of the Church of Christ, in consequence of the promise of God: which, notwithstanding, God permits her to suffer sometimes most grievous afflictions.

1 Of understanding, for Ethan the Ezrahite.
2 The mercies of the Lord I will sing for ever. I will show forth thy truth with my mouth to generation and generation.
3 For thou hast said: Mercy shall be built up for ever in the heavens: thy truth shall be prepared in them.
4 I have made a covenant with my elect: I have sworn to David my servant:
5 Thy seed will I settle for ever. And I will build up thy throne unto generation and generation.
6 The heavens shall confess thy wonders, O Lord: and thy truth in the church of the saints.
7 For who in the clouds can be compared to the Lord: or who among the sons of God shall be like to God?
8 God, who is glorified in the assembly of the saints: great and terrible above all them that are about him.
9 O Lord God of hosts, who is like to thee? thou art mighty, O Lord, and thy truth is round about thee.
10 Thou rulest the power of the sea: and appeasest the motion of the waves thereof.
11 Thou hast humbled the proud one, as one that is slain: with the arm of thy strength thou hast scattered thy enemies.
12 Thine are the heavens, and thine is the earth: the world and the fulness thereof thou hast founded:
13 The north and the sea thou hast created. Thabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name:
14 Thy arm is with might. Let thy hand be strengthened, and thy right hand exalted:
15 Justice and judgment are the preparation of thy throne. Mercy and truth shall go before thy face:
16 Blessed is the people that knoweth jubilation. They shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance:
17 And in thy name they shall rejoice all the day, and in thy justice they shall be exalted.
18 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy good pleasure shall our horn be exalted.
19 For our protection is of the Lord, and of our king the holy one of Israel.
20 Then thou spokest in a vision to thy saints, and saidst: I have laid help upon one that is mighty, and have exalted one chosen out of my people.
21 I have found David my servant: with my holy oil I have anointed him.
22 For my hand shall help him: and my arm shall strengthen him.
23 The enemy shall have no advantage over him: nor the son of iniquity have power to hurt him.
24 And I will cut down his enemies before his face; and them that hate him I will put to flight.
25 And my truth and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
26 And I will set his hand in the sea; and his right hand in the rivers.
27 He shall cry out to me: Thou art my father: my God, and the support of my salvation.
28 And I will make him my firstborn, high above the kings of the earth.
29 I will keep my mercy for him for ever: and my covenant faithful to him.
30 And I will make his seed to endure for evermore: and his throne as the days of heaven.
31 And if his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments:
32 If they profane my justices: and keep not my commandments:
33 I will visit their iniquities with a rod and their sins with stripes.
34 But my mercy I will not take away from him: nor will I suffer my truth to fail.
35 Neither will I profane my covenant: and the words that proceed from my mouth I will not make void.
36 Once have I sworn by my holiness: I will not lie unto David:
37 His seed shall endure for ever.
38 And his throne as the sun before me: and as the moon perfect for ever, and a faithful witness in heaven.
39 But thou hast rejected and despised: thou hast been angry with my anointed.
40 Thou hast overthrown the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his sanctuary on the earth.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Overthrown the covenant, etc... All this seems to relate to the time of the captivity of Babylon, in which, for the sins of the people and their princes, God seemed to have set aside for a while the covenant he made with David.[/color][/size]
41 Thou hast broken down all his hedges: thou hast made his strength fear.
42 All that pass by the way have robbed him: he is become a reproach to his neighbours.
43 Thou hast set up the right hand of them that oppress him: thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
44 Thou hast turned away the help of his sword; and hast not assisted him in battle.
45 Thou hast made his purification to cease: and thou hast cast his throne down to the ground.
46 Thou hast shortened the days of his time: thou hast covered him with confusion.
47 How long, O Lord, turnest thou away unto the end? shall thy anger burn like fire?
48 Remember what my substance is: for hast thou made all the children of men in vain?
49 Who is the man that shall live, and not see death: that shall deliver his soul from the hand of hell?
50 Lord, where are thy ancient mercies, according to what thou didst swear to David in thy truth?
51 Be mindful, O Lord, of the reproach of thy servants (which I have held in my bosom) of many nations:
52 Wherewith thy enemies have reproached, O Lord; wherewith they have reproached the change of thy anointed.
53 Blessed be the Lord for evermore. So be it. So be it.

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 89 (Douay-Rheims)

A prayer for the mercy of God: recounting the shortness and miseries of the days of man.

1 A prayer of Moses the man of God.
Lord, thou hast been our refuge from generation to generation.
2 Before the mountains were made, or the earth and the world was formed; from eternity and to eternity thou art God.
3 Turn not man away to be brought low: and thou hast said: Be converted, O ye sons of men.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Turn not man away, etc... Suffer him not quite to perish from thee, since thou art pleased to call upon him to be converted to thee.
[/color][/size] 4 For a thousand years in thy sight are as yesterday, which is past. And as a watch in the night,
5 Things that are counted nothing, shall their years be.
6 In the morning man shall grow up like grass; in the morning he shall flourish and pass away: in the evening he shall fall, grow dry, and wither.
7 For in thy wrath we have fainted away: and are troubled in thy indignation.
8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thy eyes: our life in the light of thy countenance.
9 For all our days are spent; and in thy wrath we have fainted away. Our years shall be considered as a spider:
[size=1][color="#808080"]As a spider... As frail and weak as a spider's web; and miserable withal, whilst like a spider we spend our bowels in weaving webs to catch flies.
[/color][/size] 10 The days of our years in them are threescore and ten years. But if in the strong they be fourscore years: and what is more of them is labour and sorrow. For mildness is come upon us: and we shall be corrected.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Mildness is come upon us, etc... God's mildness corrects us; inasmuch as he deals kindly with us, in shortening the days of this miserable life; and so weaning our affections from all its transitory enjoyments, and teaching us true wisdom.
[/color][/size] 11 Who knoweth the power of thy anger, and for thy fear
12 Can number thy wrath? So make thy right hand known: and men learned in heart, in wisdom.
13 Return, O Lord, how long? and be entreated in favour of thy servants.
14 We are filled in the morning with thy mercy: and we have rejoiced, and are delighted all our days.
15 We have rejoiced for the days in which thou hast humbled us: for the years in which we have seen evils.
16 Look upon thy servants and upon their works: and direct their children.
17 And let the brightness of the Lord our God be upon us: and direct thou the works of our hands over us; yea, the work of our hands do thou direct.

Amen.

Psalm 90 (Douay-Rheims)

The just is secure under the protection of God.

1 The praise of a canticle for David.
He that dwelleth in the aid of the most High, shall abide under the protection of the God of Jacob.
2 He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector, and my refuge: my God, in him will I trust.
3 For he hath delivered me from the snare of the hunters: and from the sharp word.
4 He will overshadow thee with his shoulders: and under his wings thou shalt trust.
5 His truth shall compass thee with a shield: thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night.
6 Of the arrow that flieth in the day, of the business that walketh about in the dark: of invasion, or of the noonday devil.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 But thou shalt consider with thy eyes: and shalt see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou, O Lord, art my hope: thou hast made the most High thy refuge.
10 There shall no evil come to thee: nor shall the scourge come near thy dwelling.
11 For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk: and thou shalt trample under foot the lion and the dragon.
14 Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name.
15 He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation, I will deliver him, and I will glorify him.
16 I will fill him with length of days; and I will show him my salvation.

Amen.

Psalm 91 (Douay-Rheims)

God is to be praised for his wondrous works.

1 A psalm of a canticle on the sabbath day.
2 It is good to give praise to the Lord: and to sing to thy name, O most High.
3 To show forth thy mercy in the morning, and thy truth in the night:
4 Upon an instrument of ten strings, upon the psaltery: with a canticle upon the harp.
5 For thou hast given me, O Lord, a delight in thy doings: and in the works of thy hands I shall rejoice.
6 O Lord, how great are thy works! thy thoughts are exceeding deep.
7 The senseless man shall not know: nor will the fool understand these things.
8 When the wicked shall spring up as grass: and all the workers of iniquity shall appear: That they may perish for ever and ever:
9 But thou, O Lord, art most high for evermore.
10 For behold thy enemies, O lord, for behold thy enemies shall perish: and all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
11 But my horn shall be exalted like that of the unicorn: and my old age in plentiful mercy.
12 My eye also hath looked down upon my enemies: and my ear shall hear of the downfall of the malignant that rise up against me.
13 The just shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow up like the cedar of Libanus.
14 They that are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of the house of our God.
15 They shall still increase in a fruitful old age: and shall be well treated,
16 That they may show, That the Lord our God is righteous, and there is no iniquity in him.

Amen.

Psalm 92 (Douay-Rheims)

The glory and stability of the kingdom; that is, of the Church of Christ.

Praise in the way of a canticle, for David himself, on the day before the sabbath, when the earth was founded.
1 The Lord hath reigned, he is clothed with beauty: the Lord is clothed with strength, and hath girded himself. For he hath established the world which shall not be moved.
2 My throne is prepared from of old: thou art from everlasting.
3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord: the floods have lifted up their voice. The floods have lifted up their waves,
4 With the noise of many waters. Wonderful are the surges of the sea: wonderful is the Lord on high.
5 Thy testimonies are become exceedingly credible: holiness becometh thy house, O Lord, unto length of days.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be.
Amen.