An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Sisters

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

This is a continuation of the previous thread, "Applying to the Sisters." Please journey with me as I countdown to entrance. I know this will be a tremendous time of growth. Please pray as Rosa (my companion) and I prepare to enter the postulancy on September 9th with [url="http://www.ssfpa.org"]the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration.[/url]
Mother Mary, I consecrate this journey and my whole spiritual life to you. Take me ever closer to your Son!!!

Countdown: 52 days

philosophette

Fantastic! If you run into Sr Virginia Marie tell her Brittany said hi! :)

She might still be in the notivitate. :)

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1334085' date='Jul 18 2007, 04:53 PM']Fantastic! If you run into Sr Virginia Marie tell her Brittany said hi! :)

She might still be in the notivitate. :)[/quote]
Hmm, I don't know of a Sr Virginia Marie... you sure this is the community she's in?

philosophette

Yes, she is. She transfered from a cloistered community two or three years ago. She may have been moved out of the area you have been in. She is in her 50s. :)

be_thou_my_vision

I know who you are talking about! I believe she is on mission. I have met her once personally when she had just transfered. She hadn't even received the franciscan habit yet when I met her. She's very nice!

philosophette
:D:

She is awesome! I knew her when was with her contemplative community. When she had entered the order was active, but turned to enclosure after Vatican II. It was very odd and she was really more the type that would be happy in an active order.

be_thou_my_vision

She was very peaceful when I met her. That is something I noticed about her. She seemed very contemplative. I will keep an eye out for her and tell her that you said hi! What a coincidence! What order was she part of before the Franciscans?

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1333976' date='Jul 18 2007, 10:47 PM']This is a continuation of the previous thread, "Applying to the Sisters." Please journey with me as I countdown to entrance. .[/url]

Countdown: 52 days[/quote]

My prayers are for you Jenny and Rosa as you prepare for your entrance on September 9th God Bless you both. :bigpray: :bigpray: :biglol:

Edited by Jennirom

philosophette

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1334162' date='Jul 18 2007, 07:27 PM']She was very peaceful when I met her. That is something I noticed about her. She seemed very contemplative. I will keep an eye out for her and tell her that you said hi! What a coincidence! What order was she part of before the Franciscans?[/quote]

I'll PM you. :)

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='Tina' post='1334214' date='Jul 18 2007, 07:31 PM']You enter September 9????? I enter the IHM's September 8 :yahoo:

You will certainly be in my prayers!![/quote]
Oh wonderful! I will definitely pray for you!!!

Side note: The dates for fall retreats are up! [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=97"]Take a look![/url]

Edited by be_thou_my_vision