An Old School Catholic Message Board

Priests Wearing A Ring On Their Left Hand

ILOVEMARY

What do you think about [b]Roman Catholic [/b]priests wearing a ring on their left hand to signify they are married to the Church.

Just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks.

Edited by ILOVEMARY

Makes no difference to me.

Although if I were a priest I would get an ordination kayak instead.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1345556' date='Jul 31 2007, 07:46 PM']Makes no difference to me.

Although if I were a priest I would get an ordination kayak instead.[/quote]

I like that idea better :)

Edited by Theologian in Training

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1345556' date='Jul 31 2007, 04:46 PM']Makes no difference to me.

Although if I were a priest I would get an ordination kayak instead.[/quote]

I'd get a new deer rifle...

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1345491' date='Jul 31 2007, 04:17 PM']*shrugs* its at the discretion of the priest. rings aren't a necessary part of being married anyway.[/quote]

They're actually necessary in the Roman Rite and a ring is mentioned for the woman in the ceremony for the Sacrament of Matrimony found in the [i]Rituale[/i].

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1345746' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:42 PM']They're actually necessary in the Roman Rite and a ring is mentioned for the woman in the ceremony for the Sacrament of Matrimony found in the [i]Rituale[/i].[/quote]

no they aren't. you aren't married by teh fact that you put on a ring. you are married by the fact that you make vows and the priest witnesses it.

Right, but they are still a necessary part of the ceremony in the Roman Rite just like six candles are required for the celebration of High Mass even though they do not have anything to do with the validity of the Sacrament.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1345765' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:49 PM']Right, but they are still a necessary part of the ceremony in the Roman Rite just like six candles are required for the celebration of High Mass even though they do not have anything to do with the validity of the Sacrament.[/quote]

ok fine mister technicality what i meant was essential

i still love you

Cow of Shame

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1345649' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:29 PM']I'd get a new deer rifle...[/quote]

A wearable decorative deer rifle?

[quote name='Cow of Shame' post='1345986' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:18 PM']A wearable decorative deer rifle?[/quote]

is there any other kind? :idontknow: