An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bridge Collapse In Mpls

homeschoolmom

TF, checking in.

I was out swimming in a lake near my house and heard all the rescue vehicles. When we got to shore we learned about the collapse. I'm now watching it on the news. Wowzers.

Now I'm just thinking how much traffic tomorrow is going to smell of elderberries ....

And yes it is going to storm .... I can hear the thunder now.

:pray:

catholicinsd

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1346469' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:58 PM']Now I'm just thinking how much traffic tomorrow is going to smell of elderberries ....[/quote]

OK, good priorities.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1346472' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:00 PM']OK, good priorities.[/quote]
Do you know how many people take that bridge?

catholicinsd

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1346475' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:02 PM']Do you know how many people take that bridge?[/quote]

Forgive me but do you know how many people might be dead.

I don't have time for this- I gotta try calling my people again.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1346482' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:04 PM']Forgive me but do you know how many people might be dead.

I don't have time for this- I gotta try calling my people again.[/quote]
Forgive me, but I don't think you need to be getting after someone who LIVES there about it. I am sincerely sorry if anyone you know was involved. It's horrible. But she has every right to be logical. The world will continue, tomorrow, and there's nothing wrong with thinking about how it's going to be dealt with.

They've just reported three casualties. :sadder:

And Catholicinsd, I think it's entirely appropriate to be concerned about traffic. That doesn't mean I don't give proper respect to those who were killed. <_< If you want to be holier-than-thou start your own thread and I won't post in it.

MissScripture

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1346495' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:09 PM']They've just reported three casualties. :sadder:[/quote]
Seeing the pictures/footage, I don't understand how so many people didn't die! I don't understand how anyone could've survived that!

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1346495' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:09 PM']They've just reported three casualties. :sadder:

And Catholicinsd, I think it's entirely appropriate to be concerned about traffic. That doesn't mean I don't give proper respect to those who were killed. <_< If you want to be holier-than-thou start your own thread and I won't post in it.[/quote]

I concur

:flex:

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1346500' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:13 PM']I'm sorry. I'm just peeved I can't get hold of any of my friends from the Cities.[/quote]

Understandable.....The lines will be tied up with tons of people doing the same thing

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1346500' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:13 PM']I'm sorry. I'm just peeved I can't get hold of any of my friends from the Cities.[/quote]
If they're in the area of the bridge, they've been asking people not to use cell phones, because the cell towers are getting over-loaded. So, if you're calling them on cell phones, that could be the reason they're not answering.

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1346497' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:13 PM']Seeing the pictures/footage, I don't understand how so many people didn't die! I don't understand how anyone could've survived that![/quote]
I know ... I am sure the numbers will be higher; that's just what they've reported so far. It was rush hour, bumper-to-bumper slow-moving traffic, more than 100 cars on the bridge. Awful.

It is really just unreal to see this on TV ...

They're saying they don't expect terrorism at this point, just structural failure.