An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aaaaaaaaaaah!

aalpha1989

My Mom's going into labor and is on her way to the hospital as we speak! PRAYERS! I'm so nervous and excited and AAAAAAAAH!

***Stephanie sweetie I'm sorry you aren't the first to hear about this. You are at a sleep over and I have no way of contacting you. :(***

RAWR so I have NO IDEA what to do with myself....How do I pass the time? When my little brother was born I was 2 and didn't have to think about this....

Congratulations! I'll be praying! [b]Remember, if there's something wrong with the baby make sure to baptize him or her right away. Just pour water on the head of the baby while at the same time saying "I baptize thee in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."[/b]

IcePrincessKRS

What do you do? Well, you pray and take bets about what its going to be. lol When my sister was born (she's 16 now) my brothers and sisters and I all were betting if she'd be a boy or a girl. When Dad called and said "girl" we started dancing around the living room crowing at the boys and singing. Good times.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1349154' date='Aug 3 2007, 10:37 PM']Congratulations! I'll be praying! [b]Remember, if there's something wrong with the baby make sure to baptize him or her right away. Just pour water on the head of the baby while at the same time saying "I baptize thee in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."[/b][/quote]

Nice positive note! :wacko:

It is positive! We want all babies to go to heaven don't we? When my mom was about to give birth two months ago I printed off I made sure everyone who was going to be at the hospital knew how to baptize. I also printed off little pieces of paper that had an a quote from the Ecumenical Council of Florence saying how any person over the age of reason may baptize in the case of necessity and with instructions on how to baptize and the words to say while baptizing. I also got a bottle of water to baptize with that I brought to the hospital in case I needed to baptize the baby (who, btw, was a boy and who was named Michael and baptized two weeks after his birth in church by a priest in the New Rite in Latin and is doing very well now).

It's a boy! Well we knew that already...

but anyway my parents STILL haven't decided on a name for Dominic (that's MY vote and I'm sticking with it....)

I got to spend about two hours with him and my brother and mom and dad but then my brother and i had to leave again...

it's really weird. Our house will literally never be the same again. what a strange feeling! I actually almost started crying a couple times with him, he's so beautiful! I didn't though. :)...

IcePrincessKRS

I wouldn't have blamed you if you had started crying a little bit. Despite what may be popular belief I think its totally manly to be touched with awe when you are presented with such a perfect little new person. :)

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1349353' date='Aug 4 2007, 07:02 AM']It's a boy! Well we knew that already...
but anyway my parents STILL haven't decided on a name for Dominic (that's MY vote and I'm sticking with it....)

I got to spend about two hours with him and my brother and mom and dad but then my brother and i had to leave again...

it's really weird. Our house will literally never be the same again. what a strange feeling! I actually almost started crying a couple times with him, he's so beautiful! I didn't though. :)...[/quote]
AHHHHHHHH answer your phone silly goose!!!

I wanna see the baby!!!

my mommy said she'd take me to the hospital...

baby baby baby! :woot:

(and don't worry, sweetie, I understand. 'cept you COULD have called leslie's phone, 'cause i'm sure you have her number, but it's okay... I don't even think we were in the same room as her phone at 11 o'clock, which is when you called my parents. and my mom apologizes - my dad told her not to tell me, but she didn't get it.)

silly double post...

anyway, you better call soon. 'cause I woke you up last time and I don't want to do that again... so wake up by yourself and call. and that's an order. ;)

Edited by Brigid