An Old School Catholic Message Board

***planned Parenthood***

Didymus

bump for prayers

if anyone can help me get a hold of Rock for Life, that would be appreciated. I want to start a chapter here and get into the highschools before Planned Parenthood settles in.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1358091' date='Aug 13 2007, 12:43 PM']bump for prayers
if anyone can help me get a hold of Rock for Life, that would be appreciated. I want to start a chapter here and get into the highschools before Planned Parenthood settles in.[/quote]

you can go to their website www.rockforlife.org and then go to the chapters section and send them an email.

and you can also look at www.bound4life.org which is another prolife group. I dont know exactly what type of group you are looking to start, but bound4life is a prayer movement to fight abortion.

Edited by chelsea

thanks! I forgot about bound 4 life.

yeah I've emailed rock for life before, and still no response. I've talked to one of them at their table when I was at Cornerstone and they haven't really gotten back to me. I really feel we need more of a youth presence at this future mill before the onslaught happens.

I'm not even just focusing on the abortion, although it seems many in my area are. I'm just as ticked off about the lies Planned Parenthood will and do tell our young people about sex and contraception. I want us to be prepared and ready.

Ora et Labora

i get ticked off about that too.

they're site...the first time i went there and went to the teen section part...

i cried. no joke. :ohno:

it's pitifully sad. i'll pray for your area!

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1358220' date='Aug 13 2007, 03:32 PM']i get ticked off about that too.

they're site...the first time i went there and went to the teen section part...

i cried. no joke. :ohno:

it's pitifully sad. i'll pray for your area![/quote]

thanks ora!

this is my email to Rock for Life, followed by my older email to the supposed Naperville chapter of RFL.

if anyone knows of an initiative to start a chapter in the Chicago area, please pm or message me.

thanks! here is the website for the protest for this new planned parenthood: [url="http://www.familiesagainstplannedparenthood.org/"]http://www.familiesagainstplannedparenthood.org/[/url]

[quote]Dear Rock for Life,

With one of the largest Planned Parenthoods being built in my hometown of Aurora, IL right now, (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/centerDetails.asp?id=1097) it is becoming increasingly urgent that we rebuild or even begin a chapter of Rock for Life in this area of the suburbs of Chicago. I have repeatedly attempted to reach the contact for the supposed Naperville IL chapter to no avail, as well as several involved with Rock for Life, such as this email address. I hadn't received a response. I discussed this with someone at the Rock for Life table at the Cornerstone music festival in Bushnell IL and have not yet received a response. Are no more chapters being created? I would like to begin as soon as possible contacting all of the churches and youth groups in the area, but I would like to hear from you first. If you already know of someone from this area who is beginning a chapter, I would like to reach him/her in order to assist in any way I can. We need to begin now, lest our youth not be adequately prepared for the fight when Planned Parenthood begins to invade our schools and other institutions. I'm looking for resources and ideas that other chapters have used before, as well as any info i need to give in order to establish this chapter. I have as well forwarded to you my latest email to the Naperville chapter contact.

Thank you,
Greg ---...
---
---
Aurora, IL 60506

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: toxic_piranha@hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 12:21:37 PM
Subject: rock for life chapter?

Dear sir or ma'am,

I found this address in the rock for life website list of chapters under naperville. I would like to know if this chapter is still in existence, and if not, my intention is to start one in Aurora. With the new Planned Parenthood coming in off of New York and Eola rd, it is becoming imperative that we excite, educate, and encourage the youth of this area towards the pro-life message before Planned Parenthood takes control of our schools and families. Please respond and let me know if you are still wanting to keep the Naperville chapter in existence, and if so I would like to be a part of it. Thank you and God Bless,

Greg ---...[/quote]

Edited by Didymus

• 2 weeks later...
Fr. Antony Maria OSB

There's going to be a youth protest at the abortion clinic this Saturday, if anyone is in the Aurora area. Just wanted to let everyone know, and please keep up the prayers!

May God bless and protect you and all unborn babies always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

allis-challmers

i pray that the baby killing mill will be shut down. the closest abortion clinic to me is in louisville ky. i go there at least once a year to protest and pray. every time i go i am hopping that this will be the last time that i have to go there and the place is closed, but every year it is still there. don't give up in your situation if you only save one child in a year you made a differance.

fides quarens intellectum

i have a related question - i just moved to where i'm at, and there is a Planned Parenthood site about five miles from my house. i know the Diocese has people praying at a mill "downtown," but every time i drive by the one near my house, i want to pray at that one. what channels do you have to go through to pray in front of a PP? or, can you just take a friend and go there randomly?

and yes, the title is deceptive - my brother-in-law thought it was a place that helps couples who are becoming new parents!

allis-challmers

[quote]i have a related question - i just moved to where i'm at, and there is a Planned Parenthood site about five miles from my house. i know the Diocese has people praying at a mill "downtown," but every time i drive by the one near my house, i want to pray at that one. what channels do you have to go through to pray in front of a PP? or, can you just take a friend and go there randomly?[/quote]

As far as I know you can pray in front of any place that you want. The only tricky thing is that you have to follow all the laws about traspassing. I know that you have to stay on the sidewalk and can't block the traffic on the sidewalk and the traffic to the doors of the building. that is all that I know. good luck. keep praying to end all killings of babys

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='allis-challmers' post='1372592' date='Aug 28 2007, 04:05 PM']As far as I know you can pray in front of any place that you want. The only tricky thing is that you have to follow all the laws about traspassing. I know that you have to stay on the sidewalk and can't block the traffic on the sidewalk and the traffic to the doors of the building. that is all that I know. good luck. keep praying to end all killings of babys[/quote]

thanks so much!