An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Wedding Music...

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

We're still looking for non-heretical hymns for the Presentation of the Gifts, the Meditation Hymn, and a postlude song for while everyone is leaving after the general recessional.

Post your suggestions.

Thy Geekdom Come

We have to limit our Latin to the songs sung by the choir alone, because half the people who will be there are Protestant.

well poo. lol, i dont know Latin either, but i just fake it with the words :lol:

ok, what about "sweet sacrament, we thee adore, help us to love thee more and more" for meditation hymn? i dont know the title :blush:

btw, isn't the presentation song choir only? most places it is, just curious.

Edited by kateri05

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='kateri05' post='1354672' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:43 PM']well poo. lol, i dont know Latin either, but i just fake it with the words :lol:

ok, what about "sweet sacrament, we thee adore, help us to love thee more and more" for meditation hymn? i dont know the title :blush:
btw, isn't the presentation song choir only? most places it is, just curious.[/quote]
I've NEVER had the choir only doing a Presentation Song. They're usually all about the congregation and just barely about Jesus, so naturally everyone joins hands and sings along and pats themselves on the back. :P:

We picked "Lord, who at Thy first Eucharist" for the Preparation Hymn because it's Jesus centered, but also has an ecumenical edge to it, which will be good for Jen's mostly-Protestant family.

Our meditation hymn will be Adoramus Te Christe, since we can get away without Latin there.

We still need a postlude instrumental. Our preludes are Sleepers Awake (Bach instrumental), Panis Angelicus (instrumental), and Ave Maria (Shubert, sung by our very our ji_young).

Any good postludes?

JESU JOY OF MAN"S DESIRING!!!!! it is SOOOO beautiful :)) i had it at my wedding ;) :blush:

and you need some better presentation experiences :P

ps. micah go read your wedding thread in the lame board and respond to me please :P

WELL WHAT ARE Y'ALL RESPONDING THEN @_@

I have very vested interest in this topic, since I'll be singing it...lol. And I don't actually recognize some of that music so I hope you guys have some sheet music that I can study... :D

And I second Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring. It's purty.

oh there was a wedding gift mishap that is over in the lame board thread, go read and enjoy :P

and yea, jesu, all the cool catholic weddings are doing it ;)

lol. I did go read it...totally not what I was expecting, I thought you had posted a vast and exhaustive list of all possible traditional yet ecumenical songs for a wedding or something.

Also--Schubert, jiyoung, and Panis Angelicus is gonna be instrumental? Pierce me through the heart, why don't ya...I LOVE that song to pieces.

[quote name='jiyoung' post='1355003' date='Aug 10 2007, 06:11 AM']Also--Schubert, jiyoung, and Panis Angelicus is gonna be instrumental? Pierce me through the heart, why don't ya...I LOVE that song to pieces.[/quote]

lol talk to my Fiance about the instrumental thing lol I put him in charge of music because he knows more than I do about liturgical music lol

How about "You are mine" or I've always thought that "What wondrous Love is This" would make a good offertory hymn.

You could do "Trumpet Voluntary" by J.S. Bach for the instrumental postlude. It can be played with an organ, but it sounds much better with trumpet(s).

Edited by Old_Joe