An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tabernacle Placement

Dave

Where should the tabernacle be placed in a Catholic Church?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DevotedtoHim

I think HE should be front and center, also! But I have to admit that I was very surprised that He was in a side altar when I visited St. Peter's. But then I was glad because I got to pray in there and He was treated appropriately with all of the tourists. But there is nothing I hate more than when the Tabernacle is in a room, down the hall, away from the Altar. Yuck!

Katherine

If,

Eucharist = source and summit of our lives;

given that

Summit = Top, pinnacle, most important, most easily visible part of a mountain;

then

Eucharist = Front and center, most easily visible, most important thing in the room!

Don't go sticking Him in a corner. That's just uncool. :no:

When I walk into a Church I look for the Tabernacle to be at the front and in the center. You don't shove the King of Kings into a dusty corner to be ignored. You place Him in splendor where he can be properly knelt to and worshiped.

[quote name='BG45' date='21 May 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1274466450' post='2114743']
When I walk into a Church I look for the Tabernacle to be at the front and in the center. You don't shove the King of Kings into a dusty corner to be ignored. You place Him in splendor where he can be properly knelt to and worshiped.
[/quote]
I agree.

Besides, according to tradition the tabernacle is always supposed to be placed upon an altar.

Catholic Fox

Our parish has the Tabernacle off to the side, as it's shared with the Day Chapel. (Which ironically has the Tabernacle front and center.)