An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Diocese Doesn't Want Me

catholicinsd

I see--that must really sting--will pray that you can work through this disappointment. Do you have an SD that can help you?

catholicinsd

[quote name='stlmom' post='1365684' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:33 PM']I see--that must really sting--will pray that you can work through this disappointment. Do you have an SD that can help you?[/quote]

Not really.

IrishSalesian

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365686' date='Aug 21 2007, 02:34 PM']Not really.[/quote]
It may help to get one, so that wherever you may need it he can help you grow in your spirituality.

catholicinsd

[quote name='IrishSalesian' post='1365698' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:42 PM']It may help to get one, so that wherever you may need it he can help you grow in your spirituality.[/quote]

With everything that just, happened I really couldn't care less.

IrishSalesian

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365705' date='Aug 21 2007, 02:45 PM']With everything that just, happened I really couldn't care less.[/quote]
Im sorry man, I am, but if you feel that you have a calling, and the diocese said no, then you need to pray, and seek guidance. This may not be the vocation you are being called to, or maybe it is. You may be called to religious life. Get a spiritual director, and seek help. They can guide you and they can tell you if you do indeed have this vocation.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365711' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:54 PM']I know, but I placed so much trust in God with this. To see it crushed really makes me sad.[/quote]

I'm going to tell you what my dad told me when I saw my dreams of studying Theology slipping away from me. He sat me down and told me this ...

"You know, there have been many Saints who had to wait for years before they were able to do what they felt God calling them to do... many of them had to wait a long time before they were able to study or even enter into the Religious life. It's not your time yet... maybe someone who has waiting longer is getting their chance now. If it is God's will then it will happen. Be patient and pray."

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365711' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:54 PM']I know, but I placed so much trust in God with this. To see it crushed really makes me sad.[/quote]

No, having them crushed is God saying, "I love you. Keep trusting so that you can prove you love Me even more".

When I was told I didn't pass my chapter at OLAM, for no reason, I really had the grace to trust Him. I say it was a grace because it was through no merit of my own. Without Him giving me the grace to trust and move forward, I would have gone backwards in my spiritual life. He is the one who gives you the grace to move on, to accept it when people say "no", and to realize that the only way we're going to get through and discover His will is by holding on to the cross for dear life. Hang on to it and He'll take care of you.

And I'd echo the suggestion to get a spiritual director. Not only will he help you sort all of this out, but anywhere you go from here will probably be happy to know that you have one.

Most of all I'll pray for you.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1365765' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:31 PM']No, having them crushed is God saying, "I love you. Keep trusting so that you can prove you love Me even more".[/quote]

It's also the VD saying "You're too stupid and have no friends"

It seems right now that you are really upset, and i dont think anything we say will be helpful. So rather than saying anything, I'll pray for you.