Sign in to follow this  
magnificat

Nashville Op Pics

Veritas
[quote name='shortnun' post='1372884' date='Aug 28 2007, 08:52 PM']I met Sr. Molly right before she entered and then again as a postulant. She is such a beautiful spirit. I'd love to know her new name as well.
GAH! I asked the brothers, but they didn't know. Do you think Sr. Eva Maria might?
Yeah, it's a little tricky. Try to highlight the black bar part with your mouse--then the text might appear as white.[/quote]

+

Talked with a friend, who talked with Sister Molly's brother during Steubenville North... She is now Sister Amelia. I must confess, I don't know her namesake.

shortnun
Ah ha.... here's what the wonderfully small world that is the "Catholic family" produced:

Sr. Janet Mary- Janet
Sr. Amelia- Molly
Sr. Margaret Mary- Jennifer
Sr. Mary Gianna- Mary
Sr. Michaela- Natalie
Sr. Augusta- Christine
Sr. Mara Grace- Kathleen
Sr. Mary Lawrence- Elizabeth
Sr. John Peter- Susannah
Sr. Gloria Christi- Rebecca
Sr. Helena- Catherine
Sr. Amata Christi- Hannah
Sr. Marie Elena- Mariya

shortnun
Ah ha.... here's what the wonderfully small world that is the "Catholic family" produced:

Sr. Janet Mary- Janet
Sr. Amelia- Molly
Sr. Margaret Mary- Jennifer
Sr. Mary Gianna- Mary
Sr. Michaela- Natalie
Sr. Augusta- Christine
Sr. Mara Grace- Kathleen
Sr. Mary Lawrence- Elizabeth
Sr. John Peter- Susannah
Sr. Gloria Christi- Rebecca
Sr. Helena- Catherine
Sr. Amata Christi- Hannah
Sr. Marie Elena- Mariya

rosamundi
[quote name='linnie' post='1372877' date='Aug 29 2007, 02:46 AM']I really enjoy the pictures.....but how do I see them without that big black bar? I can't read the captions :scratchhead:
linnie[/quote]

Are you using Firefox? Their pages don't always work properly in Firefox. If you can, either use the "Internet Explorer" add-on for Firefox, right-click on the hyperlink and chose "Open in IE tab," or open the page using Internet Explorer. Took me ages to figure out why I could view pages perfectly at work but struggled at home! Edited by rosamundi

shortnun
[quote name='rosamundi' post='1379769' date='Sep 6 2007, 04:26 PM']Are you using Firefox? Their pages don't always work properly in Firefox. If you can, either use the "Internet Explorer" add-on for Firefox, right-click on the hyperlink and chose "Open in IE tab," or open the page using Internet Explorer. Took me ages to figure out why I could view pages perfectly at work but struggled at home![/quote]
I know this is totally off topic, but thanks so much for this tip! I love my Mozilla even more now that I can see the pictures correctly!!!! THANKS!

chelsea
I think i saw some Nashville Dominicans on monday when i went to mass at the National Shrine (in DC). There were like 10 of them. I really wanted to talk to them, but unfortunately after mass they left rather quickly and i was still praying. :[ but immediately i thought of the Pham cuz i know how much you guys love them.

shortnun
[b][url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/News/Community_News/Postulants.htm"]Postulant Photos[/url][/b] are now up. I recognize a face or two from the May retreat!