An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Types Of Habits For Various Communities

Marieteresa

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1949462' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:18 AM']LOL, you mean like schismatic orders, or orders like the ones that promote "social justice"? I think I've run across a few habited orders that promote social justice and women's rights.[/quote]

I meant schismatics. :)

There's nothing wrong with social justice and women's rights, as long as you understand them the right way. Social justice is an official key subject for the Dominican Order! :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1949503' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:33 AM']I meant schismatics. :)

There's nothing wrong with social justice and women's rights, as long as you understand them the right way. Social justice is an official key subject for the Dominican Order! :)[/quote]

My philosophy is everything in moderation. Dominicans obviously know how to do that. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
DevotedtoHim

I was thinking about this the other day. Somebody had a link on here to a Carmelite ceremony and one of the readers was a lay-woman with a veil on. BUT she was wearing pants! I usually think of head coverings as being pretty traditional, but not pants. I wish I could remember what community it was. But anyway, there are some really traditional Opus Dei members at our parish, and the wife wears pants. I always thought they wear skirts only. I guess you just never know. A community could be so traditional that they are wearing the common dress of the day (like Jesus did) to remain hidden and unseen and still practice the Traditional Mass and follow the more conservative leanings of the Church!