An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From recent experience I have firmly come to the conclusion that techno-ish or any sort of trance music (steady repetitive sub) is straight from Satan.

Looking at what it does to a crowd is scary. Aside from the obscene hip gyrations and anti-cultural head bobbings, the proximity of even the bodies is disturbing! Combined with the mdma based substances these crowds turn into the proverbial orgy of first century Rome! The image is a cup full of sinful worms.

As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate. This raises interesting questions in my mind -- is the entire song possessed or is it just the repetitive sub? Surely it can't be the symphasizer, as I have heard the symphasizer in some RC churches.

Besides, trancish music builds the foundation of the homosexual culture, which is becoming mainstream. Personally this is the most terrifying point, as I have worked with the products of this culture - I do not even know if what remains alive can actually be classified as human. (Meth and E driven raves ruin humanity)

Any thoughts?

-monoxide

IcePrincessKRS

I don't get any of that when I listen to techno.... sorry. I like to listen to it while I drive. If it affects [b]you[/b] adversely then you shouldn't listen to it, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it Satanic across the board.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1382509' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:27 AM']I don't get any of that when I listen to techno.... sorry. I like to listen to it while I drive. If it affects [b]you[/b] adversely then you shouldn't listen to it, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it Satanic across the board.[/quote]

[mod]personal attack - Lil Red[/mod]

My advice for you is to stop listening to such disgusting music.

-monoxide

Edited by Lil Red
personal attack

Wow, don't you think that's going a tad too far? It's one thing to questions someones musical taste, but now you're questioning people's parenting skills based on the fact that they don't think techno is Satanic.

I'm no fan of techno, but I don't think it's evil across the board. I'm sure there is some Satanic techno, but just like rock, pop or other forms of music it's not inherintly evil.

It can be used by the enemy, that's true, especially in a rave or something like that. But regardless of what music is playing, those people are going to act that way. It has nothing to do with the music. It has to do with being given over to a depraved mind already.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1382509' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:27 AM']I don't get any of that when I listen to techno.... sorry. I like to listen to it while I drive. If it affects [b]you[/b] adversely then you shouldn't listen to it, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it Satanic across the board.[/quote]

I don't get that either. In fact, my kids dance to some of the "g" rated techno songs that have come out.

They are great for exercising too.

I think that it isn't so much the techno that is Satanic, but the lifestyle surrounding raves. There are several techno christian groups. There are also many rap groups that are not satanic and have strong bass rhythms. For instance Akalyte: Ultramontane (2006), has really strong hard bass lines and I would not ever even suggest they were satanic.

Maybe you need to re-assess your reaction and perhaps deal with your lust issues before painting all musicians from genres that "excite" you as Satanic.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382508' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:23 AM']Besides, trancish music builds the foundation of the homosexual culture, which is becoming mainstream. Personally this is the most terrifying point, as I have worked with the products of this culture - I do not even know if what remains alive can actually be classified as human. (Meth and E driven raves ruin humanity)[/quote]

Umm... I hope I am human, because in my earlier days I was a product of this culture. I no longer am an active part of it, but I do help those that have been negatively (and are being affected negatively) by it.

Careful with your generalizations.

One of my priests loves exercising to techno music. He's 62 and shows no sign of being a satanist or homosexual for that matter.

Monoxide, don't start polls if you don't want to hear answers that you don't like. You obviosuly had an agenda when starting this poll. Wise up.

Edited by Noel's angel

i like to listen to techno music. and im not homosexual.

i have even found songs that are techno and have christian lyrics. ive heard a techno version of "Awsome God"..its techno...not that good techno..but still its techno. i found a song that i even dont know the name of the band (the name of the song i think is "A Change in Me"). the whole song talks about how the singer changed when she found Christ. all of that in a techno beat.

i can see that some songs are bad but that dosent meant he whole genere is satainic.

[quote name='theaznguy' post='1382540' date='Sep 10 2007, 01:08 PM']. i found a song that i even dont know the name of the band (the name of the song i think is "A Change in Me"). the whole song talks about how the singer changed when she found Christ. all of that in a techno beat.[/quote]

Rebecca St. James sings that.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382510' date='Sep 10 2007, 12:29 PM']I feel badly for your children.

Being raised by someone who is under the hold of such sinful rhythms could not contribute positively to a proper upbringing. I only hope the male figure in the family is more level headed than yourself.

-monoxide[/quote]

He isn't. And as I've already pointed out, unlike you, I am not lustfully affected by techno music so this supposed "hold" techno has over me is non-existent.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382510' date='Sep 10 2007, 09:29 AM']I feel badly for your children.

Being raised by someone who is under the hold of such sinful rhythms could not contribute positively to a proper upbringing. I only hope the male figure in the family is more level headed than yourself.

-monoxide[/quote]
how about you debate the actual points, not attack someone? :maddest: especially attack a member of this phorum that's been around a lot longer than you and that people love (me included :love:) that's a sure fire way to alienate anyone who might have sympathy for your viewpoint.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='prose' post='1382535' date='Sep 10 2007, 12:59 PM']I don't get that either. In fact, my kids dance to some of the "g" rated techno songs that have come out.

They are great for exercising too.

I think that it isn't so much the techno that is Satanic, but the lifestyle surrounding raves. There are several techno christian groups. There are also many rap groups that are not satanic and have strong bass rhythms. For instance Akalyte: Ultramontane (2006), has really strong hard bass lines and I would not ever even suggest they were satanic.

Maybe you need to re-assess your reaction and perhaps deal with your lust issues before painting all musicians from genres that "excite" you as Satanic.[/quote]

:yes:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1382547' date='Sep 10 2007, 01:23 PM']how about you debate the actual points, not attack someone? :maddest: especially attack a member of this phorum that's been around a lot longer than you and that people love (me included :love:) that's a sure fire way to alienate anyone who might have sympathy for your viewpoint.[/quote]

:grouphug: I feel the love.