An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I'd like to know is what kind of techno we are talking about. Are we talking about the beats of house? Trance? Dub? Drum n' Bass? What about ambient and IDM? Sometimes that seems to have hardly any beat at all!

Though I will say that really bad eurodance music could be construed as satanic, as listening to it can be arguably one of the closest things to hell on earth.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='kateri05' post='1383374' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:03 AM']like a headache? :mellow:
sorry, not a huge techno fan :idontknow: of course, i don't think people who listen to it are inviting satanic orgies either.

i just think its lame :P[/quote]

:hehe: I know what you mean, some of it [b]is[/b] too much. I've got a handful or two of songs I enjoy and they are dispersed among the other songs on my play list. I don't think I could handle a steady diet of just techno.

[quote]Though I will say that really bad eurodance music could be construed as satanic, as listening to it can be arguably one of the closest things to hell on earth.[/quote]

ohsweet heaven yes!! how can people listen to that voluntarily? :pinch:

hopefully this isnt the kind icey likes :mellow:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1383375' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:04 AM']What I'd like to know is what kind of techno we are talking about. Are we talking about the beats of house? Trance? Dub? Drum n' Bass? What about ambient and IDM? Sometimes that seems to have hardly any beat at all!

Though I will say that really bad eurodance music could be construed as satanic, as listening to it can be arguably one of the closest things to hell on earth.[/quote]

Why do I get the feeling that you know a lot more about techno than Monoxide? :topsy:

[quote name='kateri05' post='1383374' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:03 AM']of course, i don't think people who listen to it are inviting satanic orgies either.[/quote]
:unsure:

Um ...

:unsure:

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383282' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:09 AM']There is nothing wrong with certain tones or even melodies.. It is the repetitive kick that has an odd effect on the human. It is called trance for a reason. It is a sort of intoxicant, actually there was a study done, and I will link it for you when I am back at my computer, that shows that when you are concious of repeating bass certain chemicals in your brain are released that are related to the fight or flight response... i'd actually have to double check, but the gist was that people were becoming conditioned to feel pleasure from the constant flow of adrenaline and seratonin or something ridiculous like that.

Either way, I have yet to see a techno rhythm with good intentions. I suspect that even you self-declared holiest of holies have 'interesting' feelings when you are proverbially 'feeling the beat'..[/quote]

Yeah I have real interesting feelings.... I fall asleep and start to snore.

You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.

I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.

I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide[/quote]

OMG HE INTRODUCED HITLER TO THE DISCUSSION

all is lost

I definitely won't go to a rave if Hitler is there

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?[/quote]

Say what? One's life is not meager just because they enjoy a particular type of music. It seems that you're the one with a meager life, what with this irrational vendetta against a type of music, and moronic attacks against members of this forum, of whom you know nothing about.

[quote]Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.[/quote]

Condescending comments such as this will get you nowhere.

[quote]Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.[/quote]

Um..I have no idea what you just said.

[quote]I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide[/quote]

Perhaps the problem with getting your point through is that your position is irrational and illogical.

To be blunt--GET A LIFE!!!!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

-monoxide[/quote]

Are you kidding me??? Did you just tell US to quit the ad hominem Mr. "You're a terrible parent"???? Do you actually read what you post?

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383282' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:09 AM']Either way, I have yet to see a techno rhythm with good intentions. I suspect that even you self-declared holiest of holies have 'interesting' feelings when you are proverbially 'feeling the beat'..[/quote]
All of your arguments are based on personal experience, and an un-objective analysis of your own psyche. That is a weak argument.

Though some forms of music are higher than others (liturgical choral music being the highest, specifically Gregorian chant in the west), but I am not aware of any Vatican condemnations of the form of music in and of itself (suitability for the liturgy is a different story...)

As has been pointed out, [i]rave culture[/i] is a festering pit of evil. And yes, they usually use various forms of music consisting of overly bass-thumping beats, highly compressed synths, and wierd lyrics and samples. I'm not at all a fan of techno; I find it lacking. But saying that the musical form is inherently satanic? The same was said of polyphony, until Palestrina convinced the hierarchy otherwise.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1383410' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:45 AM']OMG HE INTRODUCED HITLER TO THE DISCUSSION

all is lost

I definitely won't go to a rave if Hitler is there[/quote]
It also invokes Godwin's law:

[url="http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html"]http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html[/url]

Thus, he has conceded that he has lost the debate.

rollingcatholic

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1383413' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:47 AM']Are you kidding me??? Did you just tell US to quit the ad hominem Mr. "You're a terrible parent"???? Do you actually read what you post?[/quote]

That whole post was one giant ad-hominem attack...

He's obviously under the influence of that satanic techno...