An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1389685' date='Sep 21 2007, 12:23 AM']Unfortunatly you are incorrect in your analysis - I do not run multiple accounts. If that is the only counter that you have to what I declare, then you fail. qed.[/quote]

The thing is all you do is declare. You don't back anything up with either facts or logic.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1388744' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:43 PM']Try connecting the sin in your life to your music habits. I am curious as to what you discover. Be objective. Keep your trousers on.

-monoxide[/quote]

Let's see......I listen to a lot of rock music (Linkin Park, Modest Mouse, Bowling for Soup, and that such). And what am I doing today...going to my youthgroup's GiveUP (Give Unlimited Praise!! its a day where we just sing christian songs). Ok I can still see how lyrics in songs can pursuade people. A bunch of Linkin Park songs have a lot of songs that talk about hate and stuff. Yes i listen to LP because i can relate to the lyrics. But i use it to help me. by the time im done listening to those songs....i am relieved. i feel a lot better. its like listening to Christian music......but in another way...im sorry i dont think this makes sense...its just my response for a 7 page long debate..

Archaeology cat

[quote name='theaznguy' post='1389813' date='Sep 21 2007, 04:28 PM']Let's see......I listen to a lot of rock music (Linkin Park, Modest Mouse, Bowling for Soup, and that such). And what am I doing today...going to my youthgroup's GiveUP (Give Unlimited Praise!! its a day where we just sing christian songs). Ok I can still see how lyrics in songs can pursuade people. A bunch of Linkin Park songs have a lot of songs that talk about hate and stuff. Yes i listen to LP because i can relate to the lyrics. But i use it to help me. by the time im done listening to those songs....i am relieved. i feel a lot better. its like listening to Christian music......but in another way...im sorry i dont think this makes sense...its just my response for a 7 page long debate..[/quote]

For what it's worth, your post makes sense to me. Some of the songs I listen to are when I'm feeling frustrated or down or whatever and need a release.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1389685' date='Sep 21 2007, 03:23 AM']Unfortunatly you are incorrect in your analysis - I do not run multiple accounts. If that is the only counter that you have to what I declare, then you fail. qed.[/quote]
You have stated your personal opinion. You haven't come up with a single fact to back it up. Nada. None. So your personal opinion carries no more weight than anyone elses.
It is simply your feeling on the topic.

Do I listen to techno? Yes.
But I also listen to classical [ brahms and bach come immediately to mind], jazz, blues, new age, country, rock, oldies from the 50s to 70s, big band era stuff, chant, emo-punk, CATHOLIC hip hop, celtic -traditional and modern, drums and bagpipes, and snippets of opera.
Occasionally I throw in reggae, latin or african for variety. THe only thing I avoid is heavy metal, its too grating for my ears.

Most people, except the very young, listen to a variety of music.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1389685' date='Sep 21 2007, 03:23 AM']Unfortunatly you are incorrect in your analysis - I do not run multiple accounts. If that is the only counter that you have to what I declare, then you fail. qed.[/quote]
You're using the fallacist's fallacy. You claim that because one irrelevant claim is fallacious, you win the argument. That is false.

You have yet to provide any authoritative or logical set of proofs to back your position. You have instead claimed repeatedly that everyone is wrong, you're right, and everyone against you needs to reform their sinful behavior and thoughts, and resorted to ad hominem. Your sole argument is based on personal experience, yet you reject everyone else's personal experience. How is this equitable?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1389142' date='Sep 20 2007, 12:54 PM']Multiple Accounts
Multiple accounts are prohibited. Creation of an account to bypass a suspension may result in a deletion of all accounts.[/quote]
So was it multiple accounts? and if so, are we to bid farewell to this thread?

:)

[quote name='prose' post='1389997' date='Sep 21 2007, 04:29 PM']So was it multiple accounts? and if so, are we to bid farewell to this thread?

:)[/quote]
nope

[quote name='adt6247' post='1389941' date='Sep 21 2007, 12:47 PM']You're using the fallacist's fallacy. You claim that because one irrelevant claim is fallacious, you win the argument. That is false.

You have yet to provide any authoritative or logical set of proofs to back your position. You have instead claimed repeatedly that everyone is wrong, you're right, and everyone against you needs to reform their sinful behavior and thoughts, and resorted to ad hominem. Your sole argument is based on personal experience, yet you reject everyone else's personal experience. How is this equitable?[/quote]

Page one from the United Church of Budge...

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382508' date='Sep 10 2007, 09:23 AM']As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate.[/quote]

well, a question here... if it makes you feel that way, and you dont like the feeling, why the hell are you listening to it? turn it off then and do something else!

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1390063' date='Sep 21 2007, 04:37 PM']might i add that people who listen to techo are satan's evil minions.[/quote]

And here, I've been listening to rock music because I thought [i]that[/i] made me one of Satan's evil minions. Dang it..... :whistle:

[quote name='SarahB' post='1390313' date='Sep 21 2007, 07:27 PM']And here, I've been listening to rock music because I thought [i]that[/i] made me one of Satan's evil minions. Dang it..... :whistle:[/quote]

yah, now that you have to listen to techno to be an evil minion, im not sure that it is worth the effort anymore...
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1391545' date='Sep 23 2007, 02:37 PM']yah, now that you have to listen to techno to be an evil minion, im not sure that it is worth the effort anymore...
:rolleyes:[/quote]
I thought it was heavy metal? Or rap?

<sarcasm>Frankly, I think listening to Yanni makes you a minion of Satan. Only the evil one could inspire music so ego-centric, lifeless and vapid.</sarcasm>

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1390043' date='Sep 21 2007, 03:03 PM']nope[/quote]
So ... what is the actual policy on MSNs? It would be nice if there was a uniform policy and enforcement.

[quote name='adt6247' post='1392231' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:08 AM']I thought it was heavy metal? Or rap?

<sarcasm>Frankly, I think listening to Yanni makes you a minion of Satan. Only the evil one could inspire music so ego-centric, lifeless and vapid.</sarcasm>[/quote]

It's Weird Al.