An Old School Catholic Message Board

"nun Runs"/monastic Tours By City Or State

Gemma

I found this Nun Run Itinerary online for the Twin Cities area:

[quote]This is in the Twin Cities area:

Are you thinking about where God is calling you next? Now is the time to sign up for the Nun Run Sept. 29. Visit 4 different sisterhoods, including the cloistered Poor Clares, in one day. Pray with each and have the opportunity to ask questions about their lives in community. Consider bringing along a friend who also is interested in the possibility of being a Catholic Sister.

[b]NUN RUN SCHEDULE Sept. 29, 2007[/b]

[b]9 a.m. Meet at St. Jerome Convent
[/b]386 Roselawn Ave E
Maplewood,MN 55117
Continental Breakfast
1 hr FSPA presentation/prayer
10:30 LV
[b]
10:45 AR St. Paul's Monastery[/b]
2675 Larpenteur Ave E
St. Paul, MN 55109
1 hr OSB presentation/prayer
Lunch
1 LV
[b]
1:30 AR St. Clare's Monastery of the Infant Jesus[/b]
8650 Russell Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55431
1 hr OSC presentation/prayer
Beverage break
Brief presentation on discernment
Private prayer in chapel or gardens
3:30 LV
[b]
4 AR Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet[/b]
1884 Randolph Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105
1 hr CSJ presentation/prayer
Dinner
6 or 6:30 LV

if interested, contact:

Sister Patricia Tekippe, FSPA
380 Roselawn Avenue East
Maplewood MN 55117
651.695.8124[/quote]

Poor Clares
Alexandria, On, Canada

I spent a few hours with them when I went to JTTF. They told us a little bit about their life, foundation, etc. We asked lot of questions:) They run some retreats during the year, they can accommadate guests.
They are very solid in the Faith. I asked the superior what the most joyful part of her vocation was. Her reply:

"The cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ"

Wow :cool!:

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1400152' date='Oct 9 2007, 07:28 PM']Poor Clares
Alexandria, On, Canada

I spent a few hours with them when I went to JTTF. They told us a little bit about their life, foundation, etc. We asked lot of questions:) They run some retreats during the year, they can accommodate guests.
They are very solid in the Faith. I asked the superior what the most joyful part of her vocation was. Her reply:

"The cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ"

Wow :cool!:[/quote]
excellent,!!
they ,Alexandria, On, were founded from the Poor Clares where i assist at Holy 5:30 am Mass half the week mornings, here in Mission, B.C..surrounded by mountains and old growth trees... here they have a new Postulant (so 13 of them now i think, the convent is built for 20 at most,)and are a bit more traditional than Ontario..,(for canada).. They recently re-put in a nice full-grill with the Tabernacle atop, and the altar on the outside so the priest faces east(facing the Poor Clares )but we are behind him.., and they are served by a holy Benedictine Monk from the Abbey up the hill...\...i just have to put up with the Taize chants for most Feasts!.$%#@
i will try to take pictures...
pax!
lest not forget the faithful Carmelite Nuns in Ontario and Alberta!

Edited by EJames2