An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sweet New Apologetics / Theology Software

Ziggamafu

Is there any difference in getting the CD or in getting the download? I am probably going to buy it.

Unless something else is recommended. I am a masters student and I would like the proper tools on my laptop.

The 2 are exactly the same, and everytime you go to update the software you actually download the whole program again, not just a patch.

when you say clumsy, what do you mean? Does it blog down my system? How much of it do I need to be online for?

It shouldnt slow down your system, all I mean by clumsy is that it's hard to get used to, the first few times you search for stuff you might end up frustrated, but after about 20-30 minutes of use you get the hang of it pretty well.

As far as the online content, like I mentioned before theres only a small portion that is online, and that is mostly just Bible translations and a few of the church documents, probably less than 5% of the entire program.

• 4 weeks later...

They have updated this software now, the interface is much more user friendly.

A complete overhaul from what they had before, check out the new website

[url="http://www.faithdatabase.com"]http://www.faithdatabase.com[/url]

Edited by SaintOlaf

I have the CD at my house now. I assume it will do this update right away when I get it? (I am waiting on my laptop from best buy)

I am excited about this.

Yeah it should update, ifnot just go to the website and download the new update.

Something else I noticed when I started up the new versionn the first time, it downloaded all of the internet content, so you'll no longer need to be conencted to the internet for some of the online stuff (vatican documents, bible translations)

Enjoy :)

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1624982' date='Aug 12 2008, 02:44 AM']Of course, Apple is evil. Ever read Genesis?[/quote]
:lol_above:

I'm not really familiar with the differences between Mac OS and Windows, but aren't most programming languages pretty universal? I wonder how much it would take to make it compatible with Mac OS.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1624470' date='Aug 11 2008, 04:52 PM']still only for windoze...[/quote]

Site says Mac will ship in September . . .

I tried to do the update and now my program will not work. I can email someone the printscreen(s) but I need some serious help.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1634547' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:38 AM']HA!!! Ironically i need to use an apple now for my classes (teaching, not the student ones)[/quote]

irony indeed - poetic justice perhaps