An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1413128' date='Nov 2 2007, 04:49 AM']I beat it on easy. It started to get real hard towards the end. Took me a few times until i beat the devil, and could not even play that slayer song. The guitar is so much nicer and more responsive and it seems the buttona are closer together. All in all very happy[/quote]

I got duped at my local gamestop...they would only sell me the guitar, and it turns out they sold me a GH2 guitar. So i had to go get the game from another store, and am still using the Gh2 guitar. I beat the game on my second day having it, and now im advancing my skills on expert, but can only play two songs...slow ride and knights of Cydonia. I just got Call of Duty 4 today and its awesome, honestly ive gotten sick of halo 3 for a while, so COD4 should be a nice break from that.

Oh man. That's dirty. I hope you get the wireless les paul controller. You'll love it. Are you going to get rock band, or are you cool with COD4. I will pick that one up later on.

• 2 weeks later...
Theologian in Training

The Simpsons Game, GHIII and Rock Band (in Wal-Mart) that game looks awesome!!! My brother was playing the drums and I was playing the guitar....it was like we were in some type of rock band or something ;)

[quote name='I'm Mr. Snikkers' post='1415762' date='Nov 7 2007, 03:41 PM']3d Movie Maker :D[/quote]
I always loved this program (I had a friend who loved it more). I had it back in the 1990's when it first came out. Can I ask you what version you are using Mr. Snikkers and if and when they came out with an update?

Against my better judgment, I started The Elder Scrolls IV OBLIVION for Playstation 3. Also started the 1st Sly Cooper again to finsh the other 50% that I never finished. I am also on the last section of Legend Of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS.

Theologian in Training

I beat The Simpsons game last night...funny...

And, as much as I want Rock Band, I have been hearing about way too many problems

[url="http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/24/rock-band-gets-a-patch-but-problems-persist/"]http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/24/rock-ba...oblems-persist/[/url]

Theologian in Training

[quote name='nLEyETn' post='1423177' date='Nov 21 2007, 04:37 AM']Super Mario Galaxy, Brilliant!

Still playin Team Fortress 2 also[/quote]

I am curious, what is so good about Super Mario Galaxy? Honestly, it does not look much different than any other game..

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1424529' date='Nov 25 2007, 08:40 AM']I am curious, what is so good about Super Mario Galaxy? Honestly, it does not look much different than any other game..[/quote]

It really has a different feel, the main thing is most levels are made up of tiny worlds which you run around so you will find yourself running upside down and running up walls. They really had fun with the gravity in this game. It was actually a little disorienting at first, but you get quickly adjusted to it. It's a game you really have to try playing yourself to see what the deal is. At first when my brother was watching me play he was skeptical about it, but as soon as he tried it himself he loved it. I'd say this is a must own if you're a Mario fan at all, and most people are saying it's a must own if you own a Wii.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='nLEyETn' post='1424632' date='Nov 25 2007, 03:11 PM']It really has a different feel, the main thing is most levels are made up of tiny worlds which you run around so you will find yourself running upside down and running up walls. They really had fun with the gravity in this game. It was actually a little disorienting at first, but you get quickly adjusted to it. It's a game you really have to try playing yourself to see what the deal is. At first when my brother was watching me play he was skeptical about it, but as soon as he tried it himself he loved it. I'd say this is a must own if you're a Mario fan at all, and most people are saying it's a must own if you own a Wii.[/quote]

Interesting. Maybe I will check it out. See, that is something I think you should be able to do with the Wii, dload demos of games the way the Xbox and PS3 do.

Theologian in Training

GHIII is really starting to annoy me. I am playing medium and got to the point with the songs by Disturbed, Slipknot, Queens of the Stone Age, and Muse. I cannot get through a single one of them, it is just too confusing for me. I don't know how people can think that fast...Actually, edit...I forgot, I did get through slipknot, but barely...

Edited by Theologian in Training