An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

Was playing GH2 and Forza 2 but my 360 red lighted (again!), so in the meantime I've been playing Legend of Heroes and Final Fantasty 1 on PSP. I'll get Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3 when my Xbox comes back.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='HotRod' post='1426204' date='Nov 28 2007, 10:34 AM']Was playing GH2 and Forza 2 but my 360 red lighted (again!), so in the meantime I've been playing Legend of Heroes and Final Fantasty 1 on PSP. I'll get Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3 when my Xbox comes back.[/quote]

Oooh, the "red ring of death." How long have you had your Xbox? This has been my fear since learning about this problem. I have yet to have one, but I do have my fears...

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1426212' date='Nov 28 2007, 10:57 AM']I might pick up Mass Effect, since folks are saying that its a really good game. Has anyone here played it as of yet?[/quote]

Have you played Assassin's Creed yet? I hear it is excellent. And, I too have heard good things about Mass Effect, though I don't own it. I am still content with Simpsons GHIII and Bioshock (still have not beaten that one)

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1426209' date='Nov 28 2007, 09:50 AM']Oooh, the "red ring of death." How long have you had your Xbox? This has been my fear since learning about this problem. I have yet to have one, but I do have my fears...[/quote]

I've had it for almost 2 years now, and its the 2nd time its happened :( I do have bad luck with that type of thing though. But its still covered under warranty, so im just out a few weeks of gameing time, no $$.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1426310' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:09 PM']Have you played Assassin's Creed yet? I hear it is excellent. And, I too have heard good things about Mass Effect, though I don't own it. I am still content with Simpsons GHIII and Bioshock (still have not beaten that one)[/quote]

I haven't played that one yet, but I do have 40 bucks store credit though. I might just pick up Simpsons and try to finish Bioshock as well. I just can't play that game by myself.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1426700' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:24 AM']I haven't played that one yet, but I do have 40 bucks store credit though. I might just pick up Simpsons and try to finish Bioshock as well. I just can't play that game by myself.[/quote]

Simpsons is a lot of fun and harder than I thought. And, if you have a problem with Bioshock don't play FEAR by yourself ;)

Spamity Calamity

All I ever play any more is Eve Online. And I have a pretty powerful computer. But Eve seems to do it for me so Ive dropped the eye candy FPS games I used to play.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1399313' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:55 AM']I'm not sure how I'd feel if I got sniped online by a priest.[/quote]
Man, I know what you mean. I'm a sniper type guy myself, but I'd really go "wha?!!" If all the sudden I dropped dead and it said "The_Romans_J_E was killed by Fr. Sniper" lawl.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1400385' date='Oct 10 2007, 11:21 AM']Age of Empires. :)[/quote]
Which one(s)?

[quote name='AgnosticExtremist' post='1404528' date='Oct 17 2007, 07:57 PM']I just got this game called Starcraft. The graphics are great but the gameplay is lacking. I don't think it'll catch on[/quote]
Me neither...

Okay so this is what I've been into as of late... Black & White (#1) and Warcraft 3. Usually a DOTA-er or just custom games in general, though I beat the single player campaign on hard.

I have all the AoE games from AoE II on up. I currently am hooked on Asian Dynasties.

Starcraft and Warcraft III are both excellent RTS games.