Sign in to follow this  
I'm Mr. Snikkers

What Games Have You Played Recently?

HotRod
Was playing GH2 and Forza 2 but my 360 red lighted (again!), so in the meantime I've been playing Legend of Heroes and Final Fantasty 1 on PSP. I'll get Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3 when my Xbox comes back.

Theologian in Training
[quote name='HotRod' post='1426204' date='Nov 28 2007, 10:34 AM']Was playing GH2 and Forza 2 but my 360 red lighted (again!), so in the meantime I've been playing Legend of Heroes and Final Fantasty 1 on PSP. I'll get Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3 when my Xbox comes back.[/quote]

Oooh, the "red ring of death." How long have you had your Xbox? This has been my fear since learning about this problem. I have yet to have one, but I do have my fears...

desertwoman
I might pick up Mass Effect, since folks are saying that its a really good game. Has anyone here played it as of yet?

Theologian in Training
[quote name='desertwoman' post='1426212' date='Nov 28 2007, 10:57 AM']I might pick up Mass Effect, since folks are saying that its a really good game. Has anyone here played it as of yet?[/quote]

Have you played Assassin's Creed yet? I hear it is excellent. And, I too have heard good things about Mass Effect, though I don't own it. I am still content with Simpsons GHIII and Bioshock (still have not beaten that one)

HotRod
[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1426209' date='Nov 28 2007, 09:50 AM']Oooh, the "red ring of death." How long have you had your Xbox? This has been my fear since learning about this problem. I have yet to have one, but I do have my fears...[/quote]

I've had it for almost 2 years now, and its the 2nd time its happened :( I do have bad luck with that type of thing though. But its still covered under warranty, so im just out a few weeks of gameing time, no $$.

desertwoman
[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1426310' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:09 PM']Have you played Assassin's Creed yet? I hear it is excellent. And, I too have heard good things about Mass Effect, though I don't own it. I am still content with Simpsons GHIII and Bioshock (still have not beaten that one)[/quote]

I haven't played that one yet, but I do have 40 bucks store credit though. I might just pick up Simpsons and try to finish Bioshock as well. I just can't play that game by myself.

Theologian in Training
[quote name='desertwoman' post='1426700' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:24 AM']I haven't played that one yet, but I do have 40 bucks store credit though. I might just pick up Simpsons and try to finish Bioshock as well. I just can't play that game by myself.[/quote]

Simpsons is a lot of fun and harder than I thought. And, if you have a problem with Bioshock don't play FEAR by yourself ;)

Spamity Calamity
All I ever play any more is Eve Online. And I have a pretty powerful computer. But Eve seems to do it for me so Ive dropped the eye candy FPS games I used to play.

jeffpugh
[quote name='hot stuff' post='1399313' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:55 AM']I'm not sure how I'd feel if I got sniped online by a priest.[/quote]
Man, I know what you mean. I'm a sniper type guy myself, but I'd really go "wha?!!" If all the sudden I dropped dead and it said "The_Romans_J_E was killed by Fr. Sniper" lawl.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1400385' date='Oct 10 2007, 11:21 AM']Age of Empires. :)[/quote]
Which one(s)?

[quote name='AgnosticExtremist' post='1404528' date='Oct 17 2007, 07:57 PM']I just got this game called Starcraft. The graphics are great but the gameplay is lacking. I don't think it'll catch on[/quote]
Me neither...

Okay so this is what I've been into as of late... Black & White (#1) and Warcraft 3. Usually a DOTA-er or just custom games in general, though I beat the single player campaign on hard.

ardillacid
I have all the AoE games from AoE II on up. I currently am hooked on Asian Dynasties.

Starcraft and Warcraft III are both excellent RTS games.

Theologian in Training
[quote name='desertwoman' post='1427722' date='Dec 1 2007, 09:39 AM']I picked up the Simpson's game. It's awesome!!! I'm stuck on the pipes section to save Carl and Lenny.[/quote]

Hint...you need Lisa and be able to work fast ;)

BTW, I am glad you like it, I have seen so many negative reviews about it that I have no idea what people are having a problem with. Edited by Theologian in Training

jeffpugh
[quote name='notardillacid' post='1427704' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:37 AM']I have all the AoE games from AoE II on up. I currently am hooked on Asian Dynasties.

Starcraft and Warcraft III are both excellent RTS games.[/quote]
Nice. I have the original AoE (w/ units larger than buildings and everything), And AoE 2 w/ expansion. It's a good game, but the AI gets boring after a while. Hardest computers don't give up unless you kill ALL the villagers... gah, it's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. But if you game AoE2, maybe we can do some gamespy-ing? :D

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1427802' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:01 PM']Hint...you need Lisa and be able to work fast ;)

BTW, I am glad you like it, I have seen so many negative reviews about it that I have no idea what people are having a problem with.[/quote]

1of1 priests give the Simpsons game two thumbs up! (I don't know many priests who actually game... lawl)

Theologian in Training
[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1427854' date='Dec 1 2007, 06:10 PM']Nice. I have the original AoE (w/ units larger than buildings and everything), And AoE 2 w/ expansion. It's a good game, but the AI gets boring after a while. Hardest computers don't give up unless you kill ALL the villagers... gah, it's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. But if you game AoE2, maybe we can do some gamespy-ing? :D
1of1 priests give the Simpsons game two thumbs up! (I don't know many priests who actually game... lawl)[/quote]

Most priests I know, golf. I hate golfing, but I like playing games...it just so happens that mine are virtual rather than real ;)

desertwoman
:D

Thanks for the advice. I'm just 36% into the game, and that surprised me. I was thinking about a short stay, but man... I'm still going strong! Plus the comedy is classic... a video game making fun of video games. I'm on the Japan board now.

Theologian in Training
[quote name='desertwoman' post='1428619' date='Dec 3 2007, 02:03 PM']:D
Thanks for the advice. I'm just 36% into the game, and that surprised me. I was thinking about a short stay, but man... I'm still going strong! Plus the comedy is classic... a video game making fun of video games. I'm on the Japan board now.[/quote]

Mr. Sparkle? The only thing that annoys me is how fast some of the enemies come at you. Sometimes by the time you kill one there are 3 or 4 already pounding on you. And, don't worry about the percentage, that takes into account how many duff bottle caps, coupons, malibu stacy vouchers and what Bart collects (forgot what it is already). I think it said I had completed 65% of the game after beating it, it was because I did not collect those things as well as unlock all of the Comic Book Guy sayings. You will find the more you collect the more credit they give you. I just wanted to play the game and did not worry too much about it, but I have almost collected all of Lisa's, Marge's and Bart's. It really helped when I got family upgrades (you get those towards the end) ;)

Good luck with it!