An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

I'm going to get one really soon though. I just like the achievment points you get with the 360, and didn't know if you can get it with PS3...plus, since at the moment I don't have internet, I can't hook up to LIve. But when you do get acheivments, what are they used for?

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1441297' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:34 PM']I'm going to get one really soon though. I just like the achievment points you get with the 360, and didn't know if you can get it with PS3...plus, since at the moment I don't have internet, I can't hook up to LIve. But when you do get acheivments, what are they used for?[/quote]

I edited that post because I am not entirely sure if you actually do get achievements, actually, I think I may be wrong, and that you don't get achievements, at least, I have never seen any, or if I have, not aware of any. However, you really cannot take my word for it, since I don't play that many games on it, I use it more for my upconvert DVD player and Blu-Ray :)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1441536' date='Jan 3 2008, 09:12 AM']Oops. I meant achievments for the Xbox and how do you use them when you go on Xbox Live?[/quote]

I didn't know you could use achievements for anything, so I think it is safe to say you are asking the wrong person ;)

I recently gave my father my old PS2. He had a PS1 and exclaimed that there were no more good first person shooters for it. So I brought him my PS2, bought him the Medal Of Honor series, Half Life and Serious Sam because he wanted games that were just like DOOM. Grading up to the PS2 for my father was like putting the Amish behind the wheel of a car. He returned Half Life and Serious Sam so I am playing Serious Sam.

Recently felt a bit nostalgic, so I fired up the old Dragon's Lair game to see how well I could do.

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/carrdero/Dragnlair.jpg[/img]

Edited by carrdero

Theologian in Training

My Rock Band guitar is officially broken :(

On the upside, my mom found a gift she forgot to give me "Assasin's Creed" :)

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1442506' date='Jan 5 2008, 09:39 PM']My Rock Band guitar is officially broken :(

On the upside, my mom found a gift she forgot to give me "Assasin's Creed" :)[/quote]
Whether you own a PS2 or PS3, try to upgrade the My Rock Band guitar to a Guitar Hero I,II,III guitar. I believe I read somewhere that they are compatible and constructed better.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1442536' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:23 PM']Fire Emblem again.[/quote]
The Gamecube title or the one for the Wii that just came out?

nephew just got an xbox360 so we've been playing the included demos and arcade games like street fighter 2 turbo. he likes the new games like halo3, i like the "classic" games.

gamesfanatic04

I hope you like AC alot, it seems people either get bored with it super quick or really enjoy running around historical Israel

Theologian in Training

[quote name='gamesfanatic04' post='1442931' date='Jan 7 2008, 04:32 AM']I hope you like AC alot, it seems people either get bored with it super quick or really enjoy running around historical Israel[/quote]

Have you played it? Because, there seems to be more than just running around historical Israel, I don't want to say much as it might be a spoiler, but I thought it was a cool idea.