An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sons Of....

ironmonk

hyperdulia again

"My 99 year old blind Grandmother, who only worked a few years at a paycheck job because she grew up on a farm, and took care of her kids gets less than $500 a month from SS to live on."

Miss Pearl, my grandparents' former housekeeper, my mamma's other mamma, my other grandmother, is 80 she gets about $500 a month from Social Security and (I'm not joking) I think about $100 on that food-stamp card thingy every month, luckily my mother and my aunts are very close to her so she doesn't have to "make it" on that, but if she did she and her grandson Lamarcus would not be able to survive and even with the help that she gets from my mother and her sisters I had to take her grandson shopping for school clothes and supplies today.

There are people who really need help in this world and can't get it. There are people who need to get up off of their butts and work, but who are idly sitting around collecting their check on the third of every month. Welfare reform is needed, but a lot of posts on this thread struck me as being very let's just end it all together, or let's set some kind of arbitrary limit on how long people can be on asssistance(I'm not saying their shouldn't be limits, i'm saying they should be case based), both of those things are disturbing to me. This is a ramble.

None of the posts struck me as being 'let's just end this welfare thingy'. And any rules to end unlimited dependency on welfare can't help but be arbitrary.

I think many people are passionate about deserving people getting welfare and many people are passionate about underserving people getting cut-off from living effortlessly on other's people's efforts. The real problem is, most people don't want to think about it and think the worst of either of the two passionate groups.

There's a great few verses in the New Testament that describes the early Christians as those who were able, worked to the limits of their ability and helped those who were unable. Yes, it's better to err on the side of charity, but not at the real harm of the unable.

My whole point for this thread was for the babies...

and John 8:44 You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth

So much fits the abortion senators.

So back on track...

Let's organize a massive email bomb. (I would do it myself, but 10000 emails to the senators doing the damage would all have my IP and I'd end up in deep water.)

Now, I could build a page like I have on Comment-Box.com and everyone could simply fill out the form, then BAM! every senator who fillabustered gets an email.

God Bless,

ironmonk

cmotherofpirl

In Pennsylvania you can be on welfare for 5 years during your lifetime. THat's it. After that you get a job or go on disability. Most people opt to get jobs.

PeDrox, the third way was Christendom. The religious took care of orphans, the Church had the first hospitals and etc;

Immaculata, please come clean house soon!