An Old School Catholic Message Board

[built] In Jesus's Name[?]

hyperdulia again

[quote]And those are only the old-school parishes in the Diocese of St. Augustine!
So, heat and hurricanes are no excuse for new-fangled architectural ideas.
Plus, from what I've heard, glass doesn't hold up too great in hurricanes anyway.[/quote]

ok, first of all, the glass has nothing to do with hurricane proof. obviously, glass blows out. however, cheaper to replace than the whole BUILDING blowing down is windows.

also, all of those churches, except the middle brick, have the same basic design of a high middle ceiling for air flow. the middle brick must be hot as heck.

Well, actually you can get glass that won't bust out from a hurricane. We get them all the time here in Okinawa and recently a Cat 5 hit(Man-Yi I think they called it) and nobody's window busted out. We didn't tape our windows either.

I should of course empahize that I live in a military barracks, and have no idea what the damage to the housing of the local population was. I just now they make glass that won't bust during hurricanes.

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1408538' date='Oct 25 2007, 03:13 AM']Groupthink is deadly.[/quote]
We disagree.
*walks away while doing the robot*