An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr. Jennifer's Investment

sunnysideup

I remember you as well, and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take your time in getting readjusted to "civilian" life. And remember that your formation there was well spent, your life has been enriched and you are a better person for it. It may take you a while to recognize but you will eventually come to see the value of those 3 years. God bless!

TeresaBenedicta

I heard a priest once say, in a vocations talk to young boys, that if any of them even had the inkling of a desire to go into seminary-- they should. His reasoning was that the formation they receive will make them into good, solid, faithfilled Catholic men. Even if they were to leave seminary, they would have learned and grown so much. He said that sometimes God calls men into seminary, just to call them out again. God will not be out done in generosity, He will bless these men who so generously gave them their lives.

I think the same applies for women. And God will not be out done in your generosity.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1888416' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:16 AM']Hi everyone... Just wanted to post a little update that I left OLAM on Tuesday... :covereyes: I am at peace... amazingly! Thank you, Jesus! But, of course, I still am very, very sad. It's bittersweet I guess. I'm heartbroken, but I really believe that was what He wanted, and so... yeah... whatever He wants. Thank you for all your prayers the past... almost 3 years. And please keep praying for me. I'm really overwhelmed right now... Just by the change, and anxiety, etc.

Pax et Bonum![/quote]

You will be in my prayers. :sign: To say the least, I definitely know how you feel. :console: I was with an order for three years and left this past November. If you ever need to talk or some solidarity, feel free to message me. :)

lc

So sorry to hear this and that you are suffering. I believe Sr. Allessandra also left, just before her investiture? How stressful for you both, but especially for you, after three years. I will keep you in my prayers (and you too, laeticia) I believe it is true that no part of your journey is wasted, and that God will bring to completion in you what he has begun, wherever that may lead.

Edited by DameAgnes

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1888566' date='Jun 12 2009, 12:20 AM']I heard a priest once say, in a vocations talk to young boys, that if any of them even had the inkling of a desire to go into seminary-- they should. His reasoning was that the formation they receive will make them into good, solid, faithfilled Catholic men. Even if they were to leave seminary, they would have learned and grown so much. He said that sometimes God calls men into seminary, just to call them out again. God will not be out done in generosity, He will bless these men who so generously gave them their lives.

I think the same applies for women. And God will not be out done in your generosity.[/quote]

:yes: My dad said that if anyone ever came asking for my hand, he'd better be an ex-seminarian. :) And the Lord has done weirder things than asking a girl to enter a monastery for just a few years, and then following Him out again.

God bless you, zunshynn, you are very brave for sharing your feelings with us. :console:

By His Grace Alone

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1888416' date='Jun 11 2009, 10:16 AM']Hi everyone... Just wanted to post a little update that I left OLAM on Tuesday... :covereyes: I am at peace... amazingly! Thank you, Jesus! But, of course, I still am very, very sad. It's bittersweet I guess. I'm heartbroken, but I really believe that was what He wanted, and so... yeah... whatever He wants. Thank you for all your prayers the past... almost 3 years. And please keep praying for me. I'm really overwhelmed right now... Just by the change, and anxiety, etc.

Pax et Bonum![/quote]

Yes, it is difficult to leave. I also left the Visitation Monastery in Tyringham two months ago. It was awhile before I could even speak of it and so hard to leave, but while I loved the life, I found that the community was not a good fit for me. May you find peace....everything really will be okay because God really, really does love us! I will also pray for you. God Bless!

DiscerningSoul

I tried Lockport a few times, until it was clear, that community was not where God wanted me.
I am sure God will put you on the path that he wishes you to be on.
You are in my prayers.

Edited by DiscerningSoul

FiereMargriet

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1888416' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:16 AM']Hi everyone... Just wanted to post a little update that I left OLAM on Tuesday... :covereyes: I am at peace... amazingly! Thank you, Jesus! But, of course, I still am very, very sad. It's bittersweet I guess. I'm heartbroken, but I really believe that was what He wanted, and so... yeah... whatever He wants. Thank you for all your prayers the past... almost 3 years. And please keep praying for me. I'm really overwhelmed right now... Just by the change, and anxiety, etc.

Pax et Bonum![/quote]

Before I joined Phatmass, I read through a lot of the archives and saw many of your past posts and news of your entrance. I thought you were kind and eloquent and so brave for responding to His call then, and I definitely think so now. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, but I know you are so wonderful for doing what He wants and He loves you no matter what. :) I will pray for you!