An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment For Girls

VeraMaria

i wouldn't become one if they didn't.

theres some "sisters" close by but....the street clothes are the least of thier problems and i'll leave it at that

but yeah, as a novice i'll get the dominican habit and a new name.

hey cathgirl you should come to a retreat sometime. theres one this weekend its kinda short notice, but i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you'd wanna come. just email Sr. Joseph Andrew

That would be so much fun!!!! I don't think I'll be able to go this weekend, but I think I'll definately go another time!!!!!! :):):):)

I'll be praying for you!!!!

post-6-1079728011.jpg

bump... come on girls! boys got 4 pages you got three! get outta open mic and start postin your thoughts here! IT'S PINNED! :);) :cool:

Edited by Aloysius

Guest lfxgurl

I seriously don't know what GOd has planned for me. I haven't asked GOd for a confirmation on what vocation to choose yet, maybe because I'm scared? I seem to notice the blessing and trials that come with each choice, and it's difficult for me to make a long term decision. Maybe it's not time to decide yet.

I would love to marry a devout Catholic man and raise a rooted Catholic family. There would be so many joys of family support. What hinders me from this is the idea of bringing people into this horrible world. Children are definitely blessings from God, and I'm scared of the trials that will come with ensuring that they become wheat and not weeds.

I wouldn't mind religous life either. I love GOd, and somehow i think it's in my blood to live a religious life. i have an uncle priest and 3 aunts who are nuns. I love serving God. What hinders me from this is not knowing which area to serve in. Also, I i'm not sure I can absorb a vow of poverty that nuns take.

Blessing singleness is not that bad. I have the flexibility and mobility to freely serve God through my work environment and other people I come in contact with. I don't take a vow over poverty. I still must live in chastity. However, I don't know about my living conditions. I dont' know if I would live by myself or with a family member's family so i can have sense of family? I guess loneliness scares me.

so yeah that's me.

I seriously don't know what GOd has planned for me. I haven't asked GOd for a confirmation on what vocation to choose yet, maybe because I'm scared? I seem to notice the blessing and trials that come with each choice, and it's difficult for me to make a long term decision. Maybe it's not time to decide yet.

I would love to marry a devout Catholic man and raise a rooted Catholic family. There would be so many joys of family support. What hinders me from this is the idea of bringing people into this horrible world. Children are definitely blessings from God, and I'm scared of the trials that will come with ensuring that they become wheat and not weeds.

I wouldn't mind religous life either. I love GOd, and somehow i think it's in my blood to live a religious life. i have an uncle priest and 3 aunts who are nuns. I love serving God. What hinders me from this is not knowing which area to serve in. Also, I i'm not sure I can absorb a vow of poverty that nuns take.

Blessing singleness is not that bad. I have the flexibility and mobility to freely serve God through my work environment and other people I come in contact with. I don't take a vow over poverty. I still must live in chastity. However, I don't know about my living conditions. I dont' know if I would live by myself or with a family member's family so i can have sense of family? I guess loneliness scares me.

so yeah that's me.

Wow!!! That is so much like me!!!! I'm sure that many people would pray for you if you went to the Trading Post for prayers....I'll pray for you anyway ;)

Another discernment thread! Yay!

I posted on the other one that I just returned from spending 10 days with the Sisters of Our Lady Immaculate. It was amesome. I totally recommend them to any girls who are discerning. They wear the habit, pray 15 decades of the Rosary every day, have daily adoration, teach catchism (they're awsomely orthodox), sing the parts of the Mass in Latin, run a retirement home (Sunday Mass and nightly Rosary are open to the residents) and are just amesome!

They are everything I was looking for in an order, and more!

little_angel202

wow this is great to know there are people put there with the same problem as me- wonderin if they are called to be a nun or a mum!!! i've been praying about it for a while but i'm still not sure

by the way i'm new here, my name is katy and i live in england

God bless

katy :D

Welcome Katy!!!!!

I agree, I don't know anybody who lives around my area who have ever considered being a nun, since there aren't many Catholics who care about stuff like that. We don't have a convent or anything nearby either. I think it is cool how there are other girls here who have the same problem as me!!!

i just got back from youth 2000, well not just now but today. at the end they have all the religious and everyone thinking of becoming religious stand up in the front for the bishop to give us a blessing. there were so many young people who stood up. yay!!!

we aren't the only freaks!!!

sometimes it feels like your the only one, but i guess you have to look at the bigger picture and realize that people may be thinking about it w/out letting ne one know.

love you all!!

little_angel202

hi guys (or girls really!) Its going to be great talking to you all I’m sure! I was wondering if any of you no anything about being a missionary nun because if I was a nun that’s what I would love to do but do you have to join a special order and do you get the choice if you become a Franciscan or another large order like that??

God bless

katy