An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment For Girls

VeraMaria

This is the girls' end of the thread :rolleyes: :D !

There are some really amesome discernment stories in the Open Mic "Discernment for girls" thread. I'll have to fnd the link. ;)

I seriously have no idea. I really want a family, but if I feel God is calling me to serve him as a sister, I'll go without hesitation!! Guess I'm discerning.

Sometimes you get the call when you're really young...like Saint Therese, who entered the convent at 15 (my age!) by sheer determination, even going to the Pope asking him to let her enter the convent at 15.

Share your stories! What do you think you're called to :D ?

I'm kinda like you. Sometimes when I'm praying I just know that I should become a sister. Other times, I think that I could help develop a very Christian family. It be so weird for someone out of my family to become a sister so I don't know if I just am denying the fact that I should, or not.

It be so weird for someone out of my family to become a sister so I don't know if I just am denying the fact that I should, or not.

sounds familiar :rolleyes:

One thing;s for sure: If I am called to motherhood, I'll have a VERY VERY CATHOLIC family. :D :D :D :D :D

i don't know the exact quote but Blessed Mother Teresa said something like you know your vocation best when at prayer. i'm kinda the same way. i'm 18 now so i can actaully do something about my vocation. i never thought about it when i was little, but w/ that i didn't really have too many objections. as soon as i visited some...orthadox sisters, i couldn't think of my self as anything but a religious. i've had to wait for 2 years knowing my vocation. but then sometimes i let down my guard by just being too busy for prayer. its during those times i have the most questions. i'd love to get married and have a big Catholic fam. but like you said vera, my call is to diff. kind of motherhood....at least i think so next weekend i'm asking Mother for an application. i'm starting to get nervous.

Dominicans of Mary Mother of the Eucharist

www.sistersofmary.org

i was just thinking today of how crazy i am. 3 years ago i would never guessed next year i'll be "Sister Ali". and another year who knows what my name'll be. God deff. has a sense of humor. i love it, but i don't know how the heck i got here, ya know?

WOW, the Sisters of Mary!! They're SO COOL!!!!

They were on EWTN (LIfe on the Rock!) once!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Keep us updated!! :D

Edited by VeraMaria

Dominicans of Mary Mother of the Eucharist

www.sistersofmary.org

i was just thinking today of how crazy i am. 3 years ago i would never guessed next year i'll be "Sister Ali". and another year who knows what my name'll be. God deff. has a sense of humor. i love it, but i don't know how the heck i got here, ya know?

I was thinking about them, too!!! I don't know much about them, but I liked them the most out of all the things I've received!!

post-6-1079728011.jpg

bump.

these really should be pinned! why wont dUST listen to me! <_<

by the way, you girls are cool :cool:

Edited by Aloysius

You girls are cooler than cool.

------------------ This is YOU

------------------ Here is COOL

I think the guys are trying to flatter us so we don't kick them out of this girlz out thread

like they kicked me out... -_- :P