An Old School Catholic Message Board

Famous Catholics?

Vincent Vega

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='uppercut55' post='1440220' date='Dec 30 2007, 09:34 PM']Mark Whalberg[/quote]

he use to be one of the catholic celebrities when we had the page up :hehe:

[quote]Amanda Bynes[/quote]

I read an article from her that says her dad is jewish and her mom is catholic but she grew up and identifies herself with the jewish religion and not Catholicism

[quote name='elizabeth_jane' post='1440232' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:04 PM']Stephen Colbert[/quote]

I read he teaches Sunday school!! :hehe:

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Brigid' post='1440380' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:49 AM']Patricia Heaton[/quote]

She use to go to Catholic school if i remember correctly and isn't Catholic anymore. Last article I read she had changed religions.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='MIKO' post='1440429' date='Dec 31 2007, 10:23 AM']that website link is seriously flawed. bill maher is definitely not catholic, it says he is non practicing, thing is - he isn't catholic at all, he actually is supremely anti-catholic.

you shuold see how many articles come up of how anti catholic he is...

i think he was/is jewish...

who made up that list?!?![/quote]

Perhaps their term of "Catholics" is flawed if people assume this means currently Catholic or practicing Catholic. I referred to the site as people as having Catholic backgrounds. I prefer to use that term rather than "Catholic" because someone might have been raised Catholic but it does not mean they still are or consider themselves to be one. Some celebrities may still consider themselves Catholic but are somewhat private or cryptic about it and their orthodoxy isn't really known.

I do recall that Bill Maher does come from a Catholic background, raised one as his father was, but his mother was jewish. He is sadly a very bitter man in need of prayer.

Mary Lou Retton was raised Catholic but is more fundamentalist Christian now. Come back Mary Lou! I love her.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

littleflower+JMJ

You know who I wonder about? Gwen Stefani

I read an article from her saying she grew up Catholic but kind of fell away.

But looking through celebrity pics there was one with her taking her son to get baptized.

We really do need to pray for these celebrities, especially since alot of them are settling down and starting their own families that they want the best for their children and might make a comeback to the faith because of it!

They could really make a difference if they did...

Ash Wednesday

Yes Gwen is Catholic and comes from a big Italian Catholic family. I find it endearing that she's always spoken very highly of that and more or less says there's no shame in being a straight arrow and coming from a good family. She did marry in the church as well. Though unfortunately she does espouse that "personally opposed" but pro-choice stance on abortion.

Ash Wednesday

Don't forget Herb Brooks, the coach behind the Miracle on Ice.

[img]http://www.legendsofhockey.net/graphinduct/ind06brooksBio01.jpg[/img]

He flippin' RULED.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1440545' date='Dec 31 2007, 01:59 PM']Actually, when phatmass had a Catholic Celebrity section, it drew a ton of visitors, and if my memory serves me correctly, it drew a few people into the phorum who became big posters... so, yeah, there is merit in this thread.[/quote]
Paris Hilton is Catholic!!!! Omg! OMG! O M G!!!!! That is like so totally cool!!! That is like so totally freakin' COOL!!! Paris rocks!!!! Catholics rock!!! YEAH PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry dUSt, just needed to get that out of my system. I'm fine now, I really am.)