An Old School Catholic Message Board

Famous Catholics?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1440775' date='Dec 31 2007, 09:08 PM']I liked the list phatmass had, they were practicing CAtholics.

now did anyone mention Eduardo Verastegui?! :blush:[/quote]
no, but... I DID think of him. :blush:

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1440483' date='Dec 31 2007, 12:14 PM']Matt Maher, musician.
Mother Angelica, nun and creator of EWTN.
Sister Wendy Becket, hermit, writer, and art critic.[/quote]

I don't believe you. :annoyed:

[quote name='kafka' post='1440705' date='Dec 31 2007, 07:34 PM']Ernest Hemingway converted over, of course he had a rocky life though

:mellow:[/quote]

He also killed himself

let_go_let_God

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1440651' date='Dec 31 2007, 03:36 PM']Don't forget Herb Brooks, the coach behind the Miracle on Ice.

[img]http://www.legendsofhockey.net/graphinduct/ind06brooksBio01.jpg[/img]

He flippin' RULED.[/quote]

It's sad that he died a few years back.

God bless-
LGLG

[quote name='st-annes' post='1440698' date='Dec 31 2007, 06:28 PM']Malachy McCourt, writer.

Robert Smith, musician.[/quote]

+

Robert Smith as in lead musician of the Cure? Interesting. Next I suppose it will be depeche mode, although, that wouldn't necessarily be all that surprising. I wonder about Natalie Merchant also.

Ash Wednesday

An interesting one: [b]Bob Hope.[/b] Converted years before his death and apparently was a Catholic in good standing. He was made a Knight Commander of St. Gregory by the Vatican for his philanthropy work he did along with his wife.

I don't think anyone in Depeche Mode ever were, but admittedly the mention of Robert Smith made me laugh and brings me back to brooding teenage years. Cheer up, Robert!

Ash Wednesday

[img]http://www258.pair.com/denarius/images/ponch.jpg[/img]

Ponch.

Eric Estrada and family are often seen at St. Charles Borromeo in Hollywood.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1442983' date='Jan 7 2008, 04:51 PM']An interesting one: [b]Bob Hope.[/b] Converted years before his death and apparently was a Catholic in good standing. He was made a Knight Commander of St. Gregory by the Vatican for his philanthropy work he did along with his wife.[/quote]

One more reason to love Bob Hope. Now to get out my collection of the "Road" movies. . .

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1442983' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:51 PM']An interesting one: [b]Bob Hope.[/b] Converted years before his death and apparently was a Catholic in good standing. He was made a Knight Commander of St. Gregory by the Vatican for his philanthropy work he did along with his wife.[/quote]If you have the opportunity to visit Washington, DC, you can see the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, which has a chapel for Our Lady of Hope. You can guess who donated the funds for it:

[url="http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=etITK6OTG&b=309286&ct=160562"]http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/apps/nl...6&ct=160562[/url]

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1442983' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:51 PM']I don't think anyone in Depeche Mode ever were, but admittedly the mention of Robert Smith made me laugh and brings me back to brooding teenage years. Cheer up, Robert![/quote]I think I've got ~10 tapes of The Cure. Ahhh, the days before CDs and MP3s...what memories.

missionarybelle

also, has anyone ever heard the Catholic-A Song by Brian Butler

it just kinda goes through tons of famous Catholics

Mike Sweeney (Kansas City Royals) is definitely Catholic. He even came and spoke to the confirmation students at my parish!!!

I've heard that Craig Biggio (from the Houston Astros) is Catholic but wasn't able to find out for sure about that one.

My little sister said that Nicholas Sparks (author of The Notebook, A Walk to Remember,etc) is Catholic too. I don't know how she knows it but she says its true :unsure: