An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment?

Dave

One of the good things about getting older, is you forget those kind of things and work on embarassing your kids. But a recent embarassing thing happened.

One time, I was at work, reading stuff posted on a 'net board and read this:

then once time i was rollarblading and im' pretty good, i've been skating for 8 yrs now and i thought i was all cool crossing a sidewalk at a four way stop. while Icrossing the street though, there were four cars all stopped waiting for me to cross, i tried to spin and turn and i did it too fast and i fell and skidded both my knees and fell on my tush...the cars had to wait while i crawled back to the other side,(since i couldn't walk) and they were all laughing!!! those mean ppl!!

I laughed out loud and tears started coming from my eyes so the person accross the hall came to my office to see what the heck was so funny but I didn't want to tell them I wasn't working and thought that was even funnier and laughed harder so I couldn't say anything but go away.

littleflower+JMJ

oh geez! jasJis i hope you didn't get in trouble!! im very glad you found that funny cuz i still laugh about it today!! and that was like 3 yrs ago.....

but the only thing that saved me, was that i was skating at my friends house and she lives in another city, so those ppl, they don't know me! HA!

:lol:

MORight2Life

LittleFlower, I had that happen to me to, only it was my first time on a skateboard....my younger brothers are trying to teach me how to be "hip."...and it was a few days ago. :( *rubs the bump on her forehead* Anyway, here are some others:

[i work at a bakery, and sometimes when you're serving a customer, the coffee buzzer will go off behind you. If you are the only worker in the front, you have to push the buzzer, take the coffee ground holder (the papery thing...) off the coffee maker, and put the pot back on the shelf, which is taller than me.]

So, this one time at work, I was helping a family, and had the biggest size box we carry almost full of donuts. (It holds 24 cake and/or yeast ones.) I happened to be the only worker serving in my area at the moment, and suddenly the coffee maker went off. Now normally, I can remove the pot from under the spout, place it in it's spot on the shelf, and turn off the buzzer, all with one hand, but the genius person who made the coffee before me forgot to push down the lever on the coffee pot. :unsure: So....when I picked up the coffee pot, and raised it to place it on the shelf, when I suddenly felt the sensation of scalding hot liquid flowing over the front of my body. Well, all in all, the family was laughing, I was wimpering (that stuff's IS SOOOO HOT! :o ), and the other servers came out and were like, "Not again, Crash!" (Some people call me "Crash" because I'm so prone to spills, falls, and other bad things... :lol: )

This one happened last week at Sunday Mass: Our pastor needed one more person to do the collection, so I was miraculously elected. :( I had never done it before, so I was a bit apprehensive. All I was worried about was going back at the right time, so I sat by the other teens who usually do it. Problem solved, right? I thought so too, but as St. Thomas says: "Assumption is the mother of all error." ;) So, I went to the back just as all the others left, picked up a basket, and walked up the aisle. However, I was unaware that the others were still standing at the back of the Church. :o I got up to the front, and realized with horror that they had only started on the petitions! AHHHH! :o So, I had to walk all the way back to where I had started. All the other collection-people were laughing at me....ah well.

I'm sure God laughed, too, but that's ok, because I think He has an incredible sense of humor...just look at the elephant seal, or better yet, the duck-billed platypus! :lol:

I love this thread! This thread is the dopest of 'em all! :D

Be God's!

-Michelle :)

Thomas Michael

LOL!  Dust.  I pooped my pantaloons too, but in the second grade.  :P

Same here... except mine was diarrhea. :o

Fortunately nothing escaped... I walked really carefully to the school nurse and they called my mother from there.

cantstopdancin9

Well, since everyone else is telling theirs...I guess I'll tell mine <_<

Ok, this was in the fifth grade but still. We were having a square dance and we always had to dress up all western-ish and I was wearing this little plaid skirt and top (I was such an adorable kid :rolleyes: ). I was little and didn't know how to pick my clothes and I wore these oversized undies under my skirt. Well while I was do-si-do-ing my underwear fell down! Thank goodness my teacher saw and took me to the bathroom to fix my problem. I got a couple of funny looks but survived. :unsure:

I have also failed to zip my backpack closed all the way and had my books spill in the middle of the hallway. :blink:

That's about all I can think of. :)

Are you laughing? Stop that! I will seek revenge... *shaking fist*

OK, my 2 most embarrassing experiences happened last year and over 3 months ago, respectively.

The first experience occurred during Sunday Mass. I had to be a lector for the noon Mass, and lectors were instructed to be there at least 15 minutes before Mass. Well, I left later than I should have, and by the time I got to church, parked, and entered the vestibule, there were only about 5 minutes before Mass began, so of course, there was no time to go look over the readings one last time or make sure the lectionary was turned to the right page. But I was there in time for the entrance procession. So anyway, Mass started, and everything went smoothly until the Liturgy of the Word. I got up and went to the ambo, where I noticed the lectionary wasn't turned to the correct reading (I had practiced beforehand, so I knew what the readings were). So I turned the page, but that wasn't the right reading either. So I turned another page . . . and kept turning . . . and kept turning . . . and kept turning . . . and kept turning. I was starting to feel QUITE uneasy, and since all eyes were on me, I'm sure you can imagine the feeling! My problem, you see, was that I didn't know which Sunday in ordinary time it was! Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the deacon came and whispered to me which Sunday in ordinary time it was, and I quickly found it. It turned out that I was turning in the wrong direction, but I was so flustered on account of arriving later than I should have, that I didn't think to turn the pages in the opposite direction! I was so embarrassed that I was tempted to have my name taken from the lector roster!

The other incident occurred when I was driving home from a friend's wedding in South Carolina (I live in Georgia). It was still daylight when I left, but when I wasn't far from the Georgia border, day began to give way to dusk, so I turned on my lights. I meant to turn on my headlights, but without realizing it, I didn't turn the light switch far enough to the right and only turned on my parking lights. However, I didn't really notice! True, along the way, I thought my lights seemed rather dim, but I chalked it up to having on my dims instead of brights. I drove that way for miles and miles, totally oblivious! But then, when I was only 2 exits away from home, I got pulled over by the cops! When I saw my flashing lights, I thought, "I know I wasn't speeding. What could be the problem?" Well, the cop who pulled me over told me to get out of the car and bring him my license and stuff. When I did, he told me that I only had my parking lights on. I was shocked, and I instinctively turned to go look at my light switch to see if what he was saying was true. However, I didn't get to do so because the cop grabbed my arm! He said, "We need you to stand right here" (meaning behind my car and in front of his car)." Another cop had also pulled up, BTW. They were like, "Didn't you notice anything wrong?" And they also starting asking me repeatedly if I'd been drinking or if I'd been taking drugs, which I denied. They were also asking me where I lived, where I'd been, where I was headed, what I did for a living, etc. Through it all, I couldn't help but feel nervous; I mean, getting pulled over can be very intimidating! And they were like, "You sure are acting nervous!" They wanted to know if I had anything like weapons or drugs in my car, and I told them that they could search, but they wouldn't find anything illegal. So the other officer (not the one who pulled me over) started to search my car, while the other one kept questioning me. Of course, the search didn't last long because there was nothing amiss in my car. Then they had me roll up my sleeves so they could see if I had needle marks on my arms (which I didn't). However, I had to first unbutton my sleeves, and since I bite my nails, I had a little trouble unbuttoning my sleeves. And they were like, "You sure are having trouble unbuttoning your sleeves!" And despite the fact they didn't see anything wrong with my arms, they still weren't convinced I wasn't drunk or high. So the officer who pulled me over administered a sobriety test in which he moved his index finger side-to-side in front of my face, and I had to follow his finger with my eyes. I passed that test. Then he gave me a breath test, and I passed that too. So there was nothing left for the cops to do except write me a warning. I don't know what's more embarrassing -- that I was so careless that I didn't turn on my headlights and failed to realize it or that the cops suspected me of being drunk or high!

Everytime I go to confession.

I love how it teaches me humility.

What would fall in as second was when I was about 13, went to a friends mennonite church because his dad was the preacher and there was a youth group thing.... during a prayer time... I couldn't help it, it just slipped out... it echoed, I passed gas... as everyone's head started looking at us (there were 5 of us)... I immediatly looked at my friend as if he did it... So, I'm sure they didn't know which one of us did it, but it was pretty bad. :o

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Oh man, ironmonk, embarrassing incidents involving fluffy air extractions or poo, in my book, have got to be among the most embarrassing out there! Did you ever admit to your friends later on that you were the guilty one?

This is hard because my life is SOOOOOOOOOO EMBARASSING...but im sure this one is good.

I was on msn chat one day and I don't remember which room but anyhooo...I had another window open on internet explorer and I was just reading it while the chat scrolled....so basically I was lurking...without actually lurking.

So just then one of the priests on campus came into the campus ministry office and asked to use the phone which was right next to the computer.....

And I kept reading when.....

a 'whisper' came up from some random guy that said ' hey are you wearing...blah blah blah'

'would you like me to...blah blah blah?' as in dirrrrrrtay like cristina

I didn't even notice til the priest gave me this 'you-kids-these-days-gettin'-all-giddy" look.

And then he left! I couldn't even explain! Like how can I...no whenever I see him I feel like the cyber girl...and im not!

:o :lol:

I remember in the 6th grade, I was standing at the teacher's desk talking to the teacher and she farted and then goes, "Edited by moderator: personal info , you shouldn't do that!" and the whole class laughed at me! I was so red in the face! I'm still pissed at that teacher, too.

Edited by Lil Red

littleflower+JMJ

you know what else? i totally forgot this one!!

when i was like in 6th grade I called my teacher, "Mommy", without realizing it and the whole class was laughing...:D :D

then i also called my art teacher, "daddy" and boy was he laughing, he couldn't stop!!!

he was a great friend too so he didnn't mind, in fact after that we started pretending that he was! :D :D