An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Resistance

Aloysius

post-6-1077318250.jpg

i really don't intend posting this here to be prideful in any way. it sort of makes me accountable. and like i said, it's not of my power, not me that's bein special. i'm receiving unmerited grace of strength to overcome this, it's all God's power.

i agree the making ourself better approach would be a folley, Benny Franklin tried that. it doesn't work.

counting the days does me good because #1 it goes towards the goal of 21, the number of days according to my heath teacher it takes to break a habit. i'm not saying it will stop bein a temptation, 21 days doesn't make it impossible to fall again, but if i fall after that, it can't just be written off as a physical habit, cuz that habit of the flesh will have been broken.

anyway, i completely understand willguy's point, and yours too... pls dont mistake me saying WOOHOO! DAY 19 tomarrow! for being prideful. as you read above i'm bein completely open and honest with yall, i'm a weak one. i was plagued today with a violent attack in Church of all places. see, me being honest about my victories by the Grace of God just as helpful for me as me being honest about my follies.

anyway, i think what's really helped me is me making this topic opening the subject up and talking about it with complete honesty. it gives me a whole group to be accountable to, a group to encourage me, a group i admit all my weakness and sinfullness to. therefore, viva la resistance! we are helping each other out here, and i understand the temptations will never go away, but if i can help it this thread will not go away either ;):cool::) :shield:

Pax Christi

9. For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  

Edited by Aloysius

I totally agree with you Al!

I don't mean to be prideful, just letting you people know how I am with my walk to more spirituality by overcoming it!

For the Sake of his sorrowful passion,  have mercy on us and on the whole world. [/code/

I totally agree with you Al!

I don't mean to be prideful, just letting you people know how I am with my walk to more spirituality by overcoming it!

For the Sake of his sorrowful passion,  have mercy on us and on the whole world. 

Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of your most dearly beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ ( _/ :bends knee: ) in attonement for our sins, and those of the whole world.

Double Post I"m gonna post a pretty Picture!

The rosary is one tool against the devil, let us pray the rosary everyday. Don't say it, Pray it!!!!!!

post-6-1077542347.jpg

Edited by the_rev

I just need to pray a prayer so that is why I'm posting here.

1. For the sake of his sorrowful passion have mercy on us and on the whole world, including all the Phatmass members in the Restistance. 

Lord, front lines are gettin rough... requesting a lil R&R to be refreshed ;)

.... day 19 praise GOD.

decade 2

2 For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. 

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Whoops! I really wasn't talking about about anyone here. Sorry. I just wanted to tell you what happened to me because a lot of people make that mistake. I was humble in the beginning too. I just don't want anyone to go through the grief that comes with it. I can't stand it. Take my word for it, going from almost a year to day 0, is very grueling. I am glad you made this thread though. I feel like I can't be forgiven but hopefully allowing you to learn from my mistake has made me feel better. I almost want the temptation. I want to crush it...

I agree with Al is hoping to make it to Day 21. Day 21 is no gurantee but the psy. addiction and physical is broken. It is easier to avoid sins than. I didn't think posting day numbers is meant to brag, I think it is a CA form of accounatbily. "If I do this I will have to tell all the CA what I did, do I want Al, VeraMaria, the rev, rachel, etc reading this." At least that is the way I picture it.

Al, like thedude, I wasn't trying to single anyone out in particular. I was just trying to be the voice of warning, so that others don't make the same mistake.

"If I do this I will have to tell all the CA what I did, do I want Al, VeraMaria, the rev, rachel, etc reading this."

I know that is a consideration. And I know that I hate saying that today is day 0 for me, again. But sometimes I wonder if thoughts like that change your reason for resisting the temptation. I mean I find it in my group of friends that too much of the time they stop doing what ever they were doing not because they want to get better for themselves, but because of us (their friends). Which worries me because I'm leaving for college, and I don't know that they will stay healthy when I leave. I don't really think it is a problem here, but just watch out because its a vicious cycle.

i think that this just hasta be extra incentive, something you can think of when you're at a low point and the devil's gotchya, you can pull away from him long enough to turn to God by saying, wait, i'd havta tell everyone it's day 0 again. there's nothing wrong with the body of Christ holding each other up, as long as we're part of the Church there's no way we'll ever be left alone without ppl we could get to hold us accountable, Christian Fraternal Charity holdin us all to a higher standard :cool:

decade 2

3 For the Sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world 

i think we'll include 20 and under ;)

:prayin for a betallion of angels to break you out of prison:

:shield: :angel:

....:::::::...................

....IIIIIII..................

......IIII....................

.......I.....II ..............

.......I__I............

.......I....................

......II....................

i---I.......................