An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Mikolble Is The Coolest!

MIKolbe

Cause she's carrying a little MIKolbe in her womb!! :)

That's right, she's pregnant!! :)

Here is a picture of the baby at 10 weeks. I think the baby is smiling.. either that, or the baby has gas...hard to tell.

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/10weeksjpg.jpg[/img]

Here is the non-lame story:

We have been trying for a long time, ago 4 years. I am unsure why i feel so comfortable sharing this, other than I consider all of you friends, even XIX and STM... Anyway, we have lost 2 since Peyton. Shea's water broke at 18 weeks with both pregnancies after Peyton, and both times the baby delivered 7 days later. Both babies passed away. It took us a long time before we tried again, and then a long time after trying to conceive.

So, we are concerned with this pregnancy. Well, to be honest, we are downright scared. We do not want to lose another, and yes, maybe that sounds selfish. We are considering a cerclage in her 13th week which, in essence, would stitch up the cervix, making it much more difficult for the bag of water to bulge and pop. But that too has its risks, including, but not limited to, rupturing the bag of waters, introducing infection, and a host of other things.

I know pain is to be expected in my life, but to see it the face and in the heart of my wife, poisons my soul with despair. Peyton, of course, is SUPER HAPPY! She wants a sister, so they can be twins; and last night she wrote a song and sang it to the baby. I know a loss would hurt her, because she is understanding ALOT more as she gets older. I dread this if events do not lead to a baby coming home.

As hopeful as we are or can be, a realistic part of us focuses on the reality we may lose this baby. Finding hope is very difficult in this type of situation; believing in said hope takes a degree of trust that, in all honesty, I need to work on... Let Go and Let God sounds great; but is focused expoenetially by the apeture of quite possibly losing a child. Shea had an appointment with the Dr. yesterday and cried in the waiting room because all the women there were 'really' pregnant, and she just felt that maybe at 10 weeks, she is unfortunately half way through her pregnancy, and may never get as 'big' as the ladies she saw.

I set up a little 'shrine' on Shea's nightstand with prayer cards and a single candle for the baby :) There is the Divine Mercy- Jesus I Trust In You prayer card, St. Jude, St. Philomena, St. Joseph, Mary, The Visitation, St. Luke (for the Ob/Gyn), and St. Kolbe.

So, please pray.

More info to follow :)

*tear*
Dude, thanks for sharing that. I'll remember your child in my rosary. I dunno what else to say. Just hang in there. Take it day by day.

[size=1]CONGRATS MIKOLBE!
That is soooo awsome! But I will DEFINATLY keep you and your family it my prayers!

Among the other saints you are praying to, there is also St. Rita for impossible cases!

Here is a link to a Novena to St. Rita!! [url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00069.htm"]http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00069.htm[/url]
You just gotta say it for 9 days!!
Ill say one for you!
[/size]

That's incredible, Jason. The picture is beautiful. You will have my prayers too. I'm not eloquent, but my congrats come straight from my heart.

missionseeker

Ok. hehe- yay! Jason, I Just came to Pm with the intention to PM you and tell you that I emailed the lady in charge of scheduling Mass intentions on Thursday and there's a Mass scheduled for Jason and Shea and Peyton (and the little one!) just because I was thinking about you and praying for you on Wednesday, January 16 at noon at Southern Catholic College. :)

I will pray for you with the hope thing. I don't know how to hope, myself.

If you want to PM me, I can send you a Mass card.

ttyl
Love,
Catherine

Interestingly, I put your entire family in our intentions book at Mass tonight. And that was before I saw this.

Hold on tight, brother. We're all here for you.

Okay, leaving now before I cry...;)

IcePrincessKRS

I'm praying for you and your family MIK. :love: Especially asking for intercession from the Blessed Mother and St. Gerard--patron of expecting mothers!