An Old School Catholic Message Board

Saints...saints...saints

phivan

AuthorOfMyLife

Totus Tuus already gave a beautiful tribute to St. Joseph, who has been a special patron for me and my family for years, so I will choose another dear saint who hasn't yet been mentioned (I believe): St. John Bosco! 

Three best words to describe him: Humorous, Level-headed, Resourceful!

He did not take himself too seriously, and he had a knack for combining education with entertainment. He also had a realistic and practical view of how to be holy. For example, he emphasized that harsh penances are not as important as a sacrificial spirit (you cans see this particularly in his biography of St. Dominic Savio). Very early on in my life, when I thought my "vocation" was to be a writer, especially for young people, I rather adopted St. John Bosco as my writing patron because of his "dreams," which he wrote down and offered to his students as stories. Although my understanding of my life's goals has changed over time, I do still write, and St. John Bosco is still my patron (well, he shares this role with Flannery O'Connor, who isn't a canonized saint but probably should be!). I hope I never forget him.

I couldn't find a particularly useful website for St. John Bosco! Sorry!

DominicanHeart

This is like asking to pick your favorite child! It is impossible to pick only one Saint. That's why I love All Saints Day! Honor ALL THE SAINTS!

• 3 years later...
28yrolddiscerner

Sorryyy! I have 3!

Saint Charbel

Saint Padre Pio

and future Saint Mother Angelica!!!

all are such an inspiration.  I hope to learn more about Charbel.  He is a man of miracles like Padre Pio.  God bless them all! Pray for us poor sinners!

• 1 year later...

I have like a billion, but my one favorite the Blessed Mother. She is so loving. She is a huge role model to me and she has helped me my conversion to Catholicism.

• 11 months later...