An Old School Catholic Message Board

Superbowl Picks!

nleyetn

Superbowl XLII  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Scofizzle' post='1449076' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:41 PM']Our Confirmation Mass is during the super bowl. Oh well. Confirmation > super bowl.[/quote]

The super bowl is in the evening, like after supper time. how late is your Mass?

[quote name='missionarybelle' post='1449214' date='Jan 22 2008, 12:09 AM']ha ha our priest would have never put the confirmation Mass during the superbowl. he won't even do weddings on days that our college team has a home game. (of course he IS their official chaplain) but it's still funny.

i'm sorry. i don't like the patriots.[/quote]

well Daniel Cardinal Dinardo is celebrating the confirmation mass, and he told us what date he was available. The big boss gets what the big boss wants.

"The super bowl is in the evening, like after supper time. how late is your Mass?"

Mass is at 5:00 PM I think that Kickoff is at 5:15.

Two years ago when the Oilers were in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the archbishop had an ordination scheduled well in advance and had no idea it would fall on the same day. All of the priests were freaking out. They had one of the sacristans listening to it on the radio to give them updates.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1449355' date='Jan 22 2008, 03:15 PM']Two years ago when the Oilers were in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the archbishop had an ordination scheduled well in advance and had no idea it would fall on the same day. All of the priests were freaking out. They had one of the sacristans listening to it on the radio to give them updates.[/quote]

That is too funny....I just hope that instead of saying "From the parish of X I call Y to be a priest" he didn't inadvertantly say "Out of the penalty box I call the right winger..."

Although on the night the Chicago White Sox won the pennant in 2005, our now-former associate pastor was having his installation Mass as pastor at the parish that is only about 3 blocks away from the Cell (White Sox Park)!