An Old School Catholic Message Board

Created A Blog For My Journey Home To The Catholic Church.

JustaServant

• 7 months later...

Hi all.
Been a while since I have been on this forum. My daughter (Selah) has been posting far more than I have. Sorry for the absense. I'll try to pop in more often.
Just to add to the OP, this former anti-Catholic fundamentalist preacher now belongs to the Knights of Columbus.

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1458489' date='Feb 10 2008, 10:03 AM']For Bibles I recommend the Douay Rheims Bible, it was declared the official English Language Bible at the Council of Trent.[/quote]

The second edition of the RSV-CE is approved of too. It's used by a lot of solid catholic biblical scholars such as Dr. Scott Hahn, author of the famous book on his conversion "Rome Sweet Rome."

[quote name='Deo Iuvente' post='1459913' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:08 PM']What's with this anti-trad skepticism that a lot of people seem to have? Not everyones a sede who's raving and foaming at the mouth.
anyway, I ende up ressurecting my old blog (WOW! Two whole posts!)
[url="http://papist-nonsense.blogspot.com/"]Catholic Guy....[/url][/quote]

Yea, not all trads are schismatic. I discerned with the Benedictine Sisters of Mary Queen of Apostles in Kansas City, MO and even though they have the traditional latin mass (very beautiful liturgy by the way) they are still in union with Rome. Heck, during my visit with them we went to a Novus Ordo mass once at the basicilica because we were invited by the bishop for the yearly blessing of the sacred oils.

There are really good traditional minded people that are in union with Rome. You just have to find them. So don't run away from everything traditional.

[quote name='JustaServant' post='1679848' date='Oct 17 2008, 02:39 PM']Hi all.
Been a while since I have been on this forum. My daughter (Selah) has been posting far more than I have. Sorry for the absense. I'll try to pop in more often.
Just to add to the OP, this former anti-Catholic fundamentalist preacher now belongs to the Knights of Columbus.[/quote]

Hi daddy! :saint: