An Old School Catholic Message Board

Super Tuesday Results: How Do You Feel?

Lounge Daddy

Watching the results rolling in...  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a sinking feeling myself. Btw, I am having a great time listening to Glenn on CNN, and Stu and Dan on the Glen Beck Insider radio show. Glenn's "Praise Jesus" comment was great :)

Edited by Lounge Daddy

McCain would hopefully be tolerable for 4-8 years. Barack or Hilary would be deadly--literally. The lives of at least tens of thousands of babies would be lost if the Dems were elected into office, you would have to think. At least. And it would probably be somewhere in the millions. Between the potential for judicial nominations, the Mexico City Act, and God-knows-what else is going to happen for the next 4-8 years, I will at least be rooting for McCain.

However, I do think the social conservatives are losing their grip on the party. =(

I chose central voter.

I'm pro-life but liberal on social issues.

Sooo I guess that makes me central/moderate.

*edited because I must be brain dead for saying "I choosed" at first.

Edited by Alycin

Anyone catch Mitt Romney's speech? I know he is going to keep it going, but is anyone else thinking Ronald Reagan 1976? Ya ya I am sick of the Reagan being compared with every other candidate also, but still...

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1456115' date='Feb 6 2008, 12:06 AM']I feel that Kiran Chetry is looking really good and there should be more reporting by her tonight[/quote]
word

Current state wins according to Drudge:

CLINTON: AR, AZ, MA, MO, NY, NJ, OK, TN
OBAMA: AL, CT, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, KS, MN, ND, UT

HUCKABEE: AL, AR, GA, TN, WV
MCCAIN: AZ, CT, DE, IL, MO, NJ, NY, OK
ROMNEY: CO, MA, MN, MT, ND, UT

Obama may actually pull into the lead in the delegate race. Intrade, ABC, and most everyone else has McCain winning the nomination bigtime.

No, but [url="http://www.citizenlink.org/CLtopstories/A000006444.cfm"]I just read this[/url]:

[quote][b]Dobson: ' I Cannot, and Will Not, Vote for McCain'[/b]

"...I am deeply disappointed the Republican Party seems poised to select a nominee who did not support a Constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage, voted for embryonic stem-cell research to kill nascent human beings, opposed tax cuts that ended the marriage penalty, has little regard for freedom of speech, organized the Gang of 14 to preserve filibusters in judicial hearings, and has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language.

I am convinced Sen. McCain is not a conservative, and in fact, has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are. He has sounded at times more like a member of the other party. McCain actually considered leaving the GOP caucus in 2001, and approached John Kerry about being Kerry’s running mate in 2004. McCain also said publicly that Hillary Clinton would make a good president. Given these and many other concerns, a spoonful of sugar does NOT make the medicine go down. I cannot, and will not, vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience.

But what a sad and melancholy decision this is for me and many other conservatives. Should Sen. McCain capture the nomination as many assume, I believe this general election will offer the worst choices for president in my lifetime. I certainly can't vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama based on their virulently anti-family policy positions. If these are the nominees in November, I simply will not cast a ballot for president for the first time in my life. ..."[/quote]

My brother emailed that he went and voted tonight. In Minnesota? Was there a vote tonight? Hmmm, I probably should turn on the radio or tv once a month.

Not voting and by association encouraging people to not vote is really, really, irresponsible. There will be other people on the ticket, and if you want to throw away a vote throw it to them. Not voting don't do any of those coming to power any harm. If it comes down to it I will vote against the worst evil, even if it means voting for an evil candidate.

I'm not registered under either party so I didn't vote, but no matter what I will vote in the general election, even if it is against a certain person. It is the morally conscious thing to do in a situation like this.

Dobson's words have me more nervous than ever that he may inadvertently lead many voters into hopelessness and the next 4-8 years will be worse than they have to be.

KnightofChrist

Heres what worries me, Mccain is a lib, a sellout and while "pro-life" he is squishy on that. If he becomes president, his winning could set back the conservative movement for decades... paving the way for a fully Pro-Abort Republican running for President, and a fully Pro-Abort Democrat running as president, with virtually no difference between the two.