An Old School Catholic Message Board

Communities Accepting Candidates Over 50

Sister Rose Therese

• 1 year later...

Hi! Praise be Jesus Christ!  
I'm 54 years old widow and looking for a cloistered religious order in Philippines that accept a postulant of my situation. Can you please provide me a link if you have.  

Thank you.

helen.

7 hours ago, Helen said:

Hi! Praise be Jesus Christ!  
I'm 54 years old widow and looking for a cloistered religious order in Philippines that accept a postulant of my situation. Can you please provide me a link if you have.  

Thank you.

helen.

Here's a link to the Holy Sprit Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (also called The Pink Sisters because of their habits). They have six convents in the Philippines; they have others in India, Europe, South America, and North America. I don't know if they accept older vocations, but you could contact the convent nearest you. When you click on this link, you'll find the addresses of each of the local convents but most of them don't have web sites. https://www.sspsap-motherhouse.nl/where-we-are/

Edited by Luigi

1 hour ago, Luigi said:

Here's a link to the Holy Sprit Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (also called The Pink Sisters because of their habits). They have six convents in the Philippines; they have others in India, Europe, South America, and North America. I don't know if they accept older vocations, but you could contact the convent nearest you. When you click on this link, you'll find the addresses of each of the local convents but most of them don't have web sites. https://www.sspsap-motherhouse.nl/where-we-are/

Hi! Thanks for the info. May God be blessed forever.  

In addition to those who may or may not accept older vocations, you really need to think about the essentials of religious life, such as charism and particular spiritualities. Communities are not interchangeable. What *kind* of contemplative life are you called to? Have you explored the different spiritualities? This is particularly important for someone who is older, as you almost surely have developed your own spiritual practices and inclinations over the years. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Benedictine Sisters of Canyon Texas are no longer in the diocese of Amarillo. They came to Canyon ,Texas a little over 100 years ago, but apparently are going back to the motherhouse in Jonesboro ,Arkansas. This happend on November 21st. Got the information from the Diocese website.