An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosaries Turning To Gold?

lifespath

Has anyone ever experienced their rosary turning to gold? If you or someone you knows have experienced this, please let me know. I’m interested in writing an article for a magazine about this and would like to interview someone.

As for me, shortly after my mother’s death, I noticed that the chain near my cross and center medal was changing to a goldish color. Then after a few weeks had passed, all of the metal links changed to this same color. My beads are made of glass, so they never turned. This rosary is very special to me now, especially since my mother gave it to me.

May God bless you!

Were you wearing it around your neck? After my father died, the medal I wore around my neck did that. I found out that I had basically eaten through the outer metal and exposed the bronze underneath. The doctor said that the stress of his passing had caused chemical changes in my skin, like Ph, and it became more acidic or something. It eventually settled down, and I got a new medal.

My sister has a rosary that has turned from silver to gold to silver and back to gold. The guy who has led over 1000 people to Medjugorje, Jim, had his St. Jude medal turn gold about 17 years ago and is still gold. He bought another medal and carried around for all these years. He gave it to me last March. It did not turn gold for me but, I was converted so even better!

praying4carmel

The Woman who owns our Local Catholic Bookstore here has had all of her Rosaries turn to Gold that she got at Medjugorje, and would tell you about it, I am sure. PM me and I will give you the Number.

P4C

Spamity Calamity

Wow these are really cool stories! I had never heard of this phenomena before. Do you think they just changed color or were actually turned to gold? A simple test could show that...

I see the miracle of the sun everytime I look at it. Pretty cool, not required after the first time but, a nice little reminder of my savior.

Ash Wednesday

One of my best friends had her rosary turn to gold at World Youth Day in 1993. One minute it was silver and then, boom -- gold. I've seen the rosary myself.

Just for some perspective, here as an exerpt from an article dealing with criteria for authentic miracles, by Br Alexis Bugnolo* (from the Scholasticum blog):

"E.G. many of the miracles alleged at Medjegorgie, such as rosaries turning the color of gold. Most rosaries are made from metal links which are plated; when the plating wears off you can see the gold colored undercoat; such a plating can naturally dissolve in just a short time, since it is only one-atom in thickness. [i]Such an event can occur naturally or by the intervention of a devil. It is not clear sign of divine intervention[/i]." [Emphasis mine.]

* Some links of his and possibly some of his writings have ''radtrad'' tendencies , one could argue.

Edited by Hirsap

[quote name='Hirsap' post='1457810' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:23 PM']Just for some perspective, here as an exerpt from an article dealing with criteria for authentic miracles, by Br Alexis Bugnolo* (from the Scholasticum blog):

"E.G. many of the miracles alleged at Medjegorgie, such as rosaries turning the color of gold. Most rosaries are made from metal links which are plated; when the plating wears off you can see the gold colored undercoat; such a plating can naturally dissolve in just a short time, since it is only one-atom in thickness. [i]Such an event can occur naturally or by the intervention of a devil. It is not clear sign of divine intervention[/i]." [Emphasis mine.]

* Some links of his and possibly some of his writings have ''radtrad'' tendencies , one could argue.[/quote]

They would not explain the sterling silver rosaries turning gold nor the sterling silver medals nor the rosaries that have never been used turning gold.
The miracle of the sun can't be explained by anyone.
This is happening to many many people because God is allowing Mary to bring people to his son. Massive conversion campaign by the Mighty One.