An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosaries Turning To Gold?

lifespath

[quote name='29908' post='1457811' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:23 PM']Oh, that's soooo interesting. I've never heard of it happening before... Try googling it, I guess?????

God is awesome, y'all![/quote]
You're using "y'all" a lot more liberally than most Texans 'round these parts :detective:

I have several friends that have had their rosaries turn to gold. It is really cool. For the cynics, the rosaries that I have seen that turned to gold don't seem to tarnish. And one of them is sterling silver.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1457959' date='Feb 8 2008, 10:17 PM']Every false apparition has to have one. :)[/quote]
"By their fruits you will know them." I have seen many people return to the Church because of Medjegore. Does the devil work against himself?

Ash Wednesday

I can't speak for Medjugorje (as I'm undecided about it), and I tend to be skeptical about "signs" and "wonders" in general, but I am actually inclined to believe what happened to my friend. It was not something occuring at an apparition site that is under debate, but associated with a church sanctioned event with the pontiff and a side pilgrimmage they made to a St. Cabrini shrine. The basic message she got out of this experience was God and the Blessed Mother calling for mankind to PRAY. There was another incident where someone had a vision or locution of Jesus weeping because of the children that don't want to go to mass because they think it's boring.

Normally I would dismiss this kind of thing and I think just the plating wearing off is a plausible explanation. But in her case she had put it in her little rosary pouch -- it was silver then -- and took it out as usual just a short time later, within hours I think -- and it was gold. Not just links and parts of it but the whole thing, except the plastic beads. The other kicker is, it was a vintage rosary, I think her grandmother's -- and was pewter/silver in color all those years prior to this. Other numerous miracles were going on that day, the spinning sun, and other interesting things so I guess that's why I tend to think there was something to it. :detective:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

My fathers polish friends went to Rome and had the opportunity to meet John Paul II. They brought a rosary for him to bless, and when her turned to give it back, it was a gold one.

I think the Holy Father was pulling a fast one on them, as he has been known to trade rosaries and such.

• 2 months later...

I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) to bring back old topics like this, but I'm going to make an exception this time. You guys are probably just going to think me and my mother are crazy, but whatever, I'm still going to ask questions.

I was riding along in the car with my mother today, and she, like many Catholics, keep a Rosary hanging off her review mirror. She's had it hanging there for sometime now, probably about two years. When it was put in the beads were blue and plastic. I noticed that now the beads below the centerpiece were purple, whereas all the ones above it were still blue. I asked my mother about it, and she said that she noticed that too. She said she noticed it last summer some time. At first she thought it was due to the sun, but she realized later that wouldn't make any sense as the beads below the centerpiece actually get less sunlight, and ultimately why would only those beads change, and not all of them?

I've heard of metal links changing color before, but beads? It's weird, because it's not like she went to anything noteworthy before they changed. She just got in her car and noticed it one day. Has anyone heard of something like that before?

Edited by Justin86

Galloglasses

I've never heard of this before, ever really. This rosaries turning to Gold is a new one for me. (Never experienced it either), but I find this interesting. I'ma keeping my eye on this topic.

BTW: Those wondering about the Medjugorje miracles check the Medjugorje thread in the debate table, there's plenty of reason to be sceptical or cautious about them. Like Magdalene of the Cross the Devil isn't afraid to do some good if it leads to a greater evil. Take the arguement there, altough personally I won't condemn it openly because i've no right to say its completely false, [i]neither does anyone have to right to decide fully if its of God as of yet.[/i]

• 4 weeks later...
lifespath

Sorry that I haven't been able to reply to you! I haven't checked back here in awhile 'cause I've been like [i]so[/i] busy. Anyhow, I've never heard of plastic rosary beads changing color. I should really look into that! Maybe sometime you could share a picture of it with me? I'd love to take a look and maybe find out how plastic beads change color (or if they do like that...) :)

God bless!

Gertie

[quote name='Justin86' post='1496894' date='Apr 11 2008, 12:23 AM']I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) to bring back old topics like this, but I'm going to make an exception this time. You guys are probably just going to think me and my mother are crazy, but whatever, I'm still going to ask questions.

I was riding along in the car with my mother today, and she, like many Catholics, keep a Rosary hanging off her review mirror. She's had it hanging there for sometime now, probably about two years. When it was put in the beads were blue and plastic. I noticed that now the beads below the centerpiece were purple, whereas all the ones above it were still blue. I asked my mother about it, and she said that she noticed that too. She said she noticed it last summer some time. At first she thought it was due to the sun, but she realized later that wouldn't make any sense as the beads below the centerpiece actually get less sunlight, and ultimately why would only those beads change, and not all of them?

I've heard of metal links changing color before, but beads? It's weird, because it's not like she went to anything noteworthy before they changed. She just got in her car and noticed it one day. Has anyone heard of something like that before?[/quote]

lifespath

I totally agree with you! Thanks for pointing that out! :lol:

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1497214' date='Apr 11 2008, 02:26 PM']BTW: Those wondering about the Medjugorje miracles check the Medjugorje thread in the debate table, there's plenty of reason to be sceptical or cautious about them. Like Magdalene of the Cross the Devil isn't afraid to do some good if it leads to a greater evil. Take the arguement there, altough personally I won't condemn it openly because i've no right to say its completely false, [i]neither does anyone have to right to decide fully if its of God as of yet.[/i][/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tree of life

[quote name='lifespath' post='1457566' date='Feb 8 2008, 01:45 PM']Has anyone ever experienced their rosary turning to gold? If you or someone you knows have experienced this, please let me know. I’m interested in writing an article for a magazine about this and would like to interview someone.

As for me, shortly after my mother’s death, I noticed that the chain near my cross and center medal was changing to a goldish color. Then after a few weeks had passed, all of the metal links changed to this same color. My beads are made of glass, so they never turned. This rosary is very special to me now, especially since my mother gave it to me.

May God bless you![/quote]

Several years ago someone told us about a healing mass that was held once a month in the Chicago area. Our daughter was deaf and the decision on whether or not she have surgery was hanging in the balance. So, we decided that we would take our 2 young daughters (ages 4 and 5) on the 4 hour trek to the basilica on the following weekend. On the long drive to Chicago my husband asked if I had my rosary. Since we were on again, off again Catholics, he was surprised to hear me say, "Yes". We prayed the rosary all the way to Chicago and asked that the answer to whether or not our daughter should have the surgery would become clear.

To make a long story short, nothing noteworthy happened during the mass. People rose to say that last month they had a toothache and now it was better, along with other nondescript testimonials. Disappointed, I announced that I would not return to this healing mass (which lasted from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm ) each month unless God lead us there.

But, over the following 3 months, for whatever reason, we HAD to be in Chicago for several different reasons. On one occasion my husband took our 2 impatient toddlers downstairs in the church for a break when they met a priest who handed them a small medal to play with. This satisfied the girls.

The following month, my husband went downstairs again for the usual break, and met the priest again. This time he handed my deaf daughter the same medal, but it was gold. He told my husband that the medal had been blessed by the pope when he was in St. Louis. When my husband came upstairs with the girls, my deaf daughter watched in silence as I prayed my rosary. The priest who was saying the mass said that at times parishioners can sometimes smell roses throughout the church. Being absolutely doubtful after hearing more testimonials, I thought, "yeah, sure" Suddenly my long hair blew across my face as a gust of wind flowed down the isle and through the pews. My little girls eyes lit up, as she signed, I SMELL FLOWERS! With that, she looked down at my silver/crystal rosary and signed, SAME COLOR. I signed back to her, NO. THE ROSARY, SILVER; THE MEDAL GOLD. She was insistent, NO, GOLD, SAME. Again, I corrected her, NO, NOT THE SAME-THIS ONE IS SILVER, THIS ONE IS GOLD. NO, she signed, and with that touched the gold medal to my sterling silver rosary. Within a few seconds my rosary began to turn gold. I nudged the woman next to me, and whispered, "Look, my rosary is turning gold!" We watched as not only the chain, but some of the crystal beads continued to turn gold. My husband leaned over and said in response, "Maybe it's the medal, don't mix the medal from last month, with the medal from today" "I won't, I replied, pulling the old silver medal out of my wallet, "look, the old one is silver, they are different". At that I touched the 2 medals together and the silver medal turned gold as well.

When we arrived home, I asked my husband if I could place our 2 rosaries together. I took a before photo, just in case, and placed them on the bathroom counter. I returned 5 minutes later to find that my husband's rosary had also turned color.

And, the surgery? On the way home that same Sunday, we felt the answer in our hearts that our daughter should have the surgery and she received a cochlear implant with the next few weeks. Since then she has gone from being profoundly deaf without the implant to having a normal audiogram with it. This too, in our hearts is a miracle.

HisChildForever

These stories are very moving. I have never had a miracle like this happen to me, save answered prayer. Sometimes the prayer gets answered immediately, which is amazing. Oh, and I have prayed the novena to St. Therese the Little Flower a handful of times, and I assure you that after every single one I somehow saw a rose.