An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosaries Turning To Gold?

lifespath

brandelynmarie

I went to go see a one-woman play on Faustina back in May. The elderly gentleman that sat next to me started telling me about the trips to Medjugorie that he & his deceased wife used to take. And he showed me her rosary which had turned to gold...not tarnished, but it was the real deal...I've never seen anything like it...It was beautiful...

• 1 year later...
Miriam lara
On 2/8/2008, 9:45:09, lifespath said:

When I used to live in my old house I always had to be with one of my family members and I just always had fear in that house and one night I had my green rosary and I prayed because I felt something wrong and after that I looked at my rosary and it was turning into gold. It was a green glow in the dark rosary and the cross was the first thing that turned gold then the rest and it wasn't metal it was a glowing gold like you know behind Jesus in pictures like that bright glowing light, that was how the rosary was turning into and I felt this unexplainable feeling of faith and hope and I started crying of happiness. When this happened I was 11 or 12. I have had many miracles in my life and I am so thankful God has been there for me.

3 hours ago, Miriam lara said:

When I used to live in my old house I always had to be with one of my family members and I just always had fear in that house and one night I had my green rosary and I prayed because I felt something wrong and after that I looked at my rosary and it was turning into gold. It was a green glow in the dark rosary and the cross was the first thing that turned gold then the rest and it wasn't metal it was a glowing gold like you know behind Jesus in pictures like that bright glowing light, that was how the rosary was turning into and I felt this unexplainable feeling of faith and hope and I started crying of happiness. When this happened I was 11 or 12. I have had many miracles in my life and I am so thankful God has been there for me.

Hi Miriam Iara! Welcome to Phatmass! :) 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
On 2/9/2008, 9:23:15, Hirsap said:

Just for some perspective, here as an exerpt from an article dealing with criteria for authentic miracles, by Br Alexis Bugnolo* (from the Scholasticum blog):

"E.G. many of the miracles alleged at Medjegorgie, such as rosaries turning the color of gold. Most rosaries are made from metal links which are plated; when the plating wears off you can see the gold colored undercoat; such a plating can naturally dissolve in just a short time, since it is only one-atom in thickness. Such an event can occur naturally or by the intervention of a devil. It is not clear sign of divine intervention." [Emphasis mine.]

* Some links of his and possibly some of his writings have ''radtrad'' tendencies , one could argue.

Wow even the devil is working for God now and increasing peoples faith, hope and charity. That's amesome, perhaps Jesus won't have to come back at all and cast satan, the anti christ and his army and the false prophet into eternal damnation, the enemy has repented, alleluia. Now i can relax. That's really good news, if it be true.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

• 3 years later...

We had glass rosary beads turn from purple to gold al the way through at Medugorje, then turn back to purple overnight several weeks later. As a Chemical Engineer, I know of no chemical or radioactive agent that could do this, much less do it quickly.

Catholic Answers

Author:  NICHOLAS HALLIGAN O.P.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/what-the-devil

“Thus demons can work miracles, that is, things which rouse man’s astonishment by reason of their being beyond his power and outside his sphere of knowledge. For even a man doing what is beyond the power and knowledge of another leads him to marvel at what he has done, so that in a way he seems to that man to have worked a miracle. It is to be noted, however, that although these works of the demons which appear marvelous to us are not real miracles, they are sometimes nevertheless something real. Thus the magicians of Pharaoh by the demons’ power produced real serpents and frogs” (ST I:114:4).

Edited by BarbaraTherese

EWTN - Q&A

http://www.ewtn.com/v/experts/showmessage.asp?number=357257

To see the question, go to above link:   "Answer: It's possible the metal has oxidized from contact with the hands or climatic conditions. But some say the change in color was immediate. If that's the case, it may have a preternatural cause, an angel. But whether it would be a good or bad angel isn't clear, because the sign itself is equivocal. It has no precedent in the experience of approved Catholic mystics. So no one knows what it would mean."

(My comment:  I am not posting to state that the change in rosaries does come from an evil spirit.  Rather that the source of the change is ambiguous - we cannot know for sure.  It could be the one or the other)

National Catholic Register

How to Tell True Apparitions From False (good article, if lengthy)

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/how-to-tell-true-apparitions-from-false

Excerpt "On one occasion, the Sacred Heart of Jesus told St. Margaret Mary to do something, but her superior did not approve. When he [Jesus] came again, she asked him about this, and he replied: ‘[N]ot only do I desire that you should do what your superior commands, but also that you should do nothing of all that I order without their consent. I love obedience, and without it, no one can please me’” (The Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary)."

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

I joined this website specifically to reply to this thread, which I see was created many years ago. Of course I do plan to stick around and get involved with other discussion.

I know an older man who goes to my church. A very nice guy, prays the Rosary every day. Completely sane too, not somebody to go making stuff up to get attention or anything like that.

He went to Medjugorje with his wife every year for over a decade. He says he can feel the presence of Mary there and has witnessed miracles. One of those miracles I suppose, was when he was going to pray the Rosary with his pilgrimage group (I think he told me where he would pray it but I can't remember where). He had however forgotten his Rosary, and a kind woman lent him hers. After he finished praying it, he returned it to her. She was amazed. The Rosary was gold. She said she had hoped it would turn gold for a long time because she heard stories of this happening in Medjugorje, but it hadn't happened to her, until he borrowed it from her for half an hour or so to pray, and it was completely gold.

This same man also had a near death experience many years ago, where he had a heart attack in his bed. During that heart attack he says he saw himself and what was going on around him, then saw Jesus, and then I can't remember if he said he saw or heard just heard Mary tell her son to give him more time, that he had a wife and children who needed him. And so he survived.

• 1 month later...

My sterling silver rosary i place on my husband urn a couple months ago he passed in june 2020 turn a glistening gold