An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pedophile Priests Or Tridentiners

mark4IHM

If we look at the reactions of the American bishops to each group,

the answer seems clear.

For decades American bishops have had a policy of sheltering homosexual

priests who sodomize and rape Catholic children, mostly boys. The bad priests were not suspended, but were shuttled from diocese to diocese, where often they found new victims. The other part of the Bishop's protection policy has been to

legally stonewall attempts at justice by the victims of predatory priests.

It is estimated that up to two-thirds of the American Bishops have acted

criminally by protecting pedophile priests (National Review Online), taking

pains to keep them "priests "in good standing," and only suspending child

abusing priests when their crimes become public. The bishop of

Arlington, Virginia, even suspended an orthodox priest, Father James Haley,

for exposing pedophile priests.

Another bishop, in Dallas, also followed the policy of sheltering pedophile

priests. Yet when one of his diocesan priests, Father Steve Zigrang, began

celebrating the "old" Mass instead of the Novus Ordo Mass, the bishop

immediately suspended him and removed Zigrang from his parish (Dallas

Morning News).

This is another policy of the American episcopate, namely, to limit as much

as possible any expression of traditional Catholicism, particularly the

"old" Mass. Consequently, when the Fraternity of St. Peter arrived at the

Basilica of the Immaculate Conception

to celebrate the "old" Mass (a scheduled visit), they were refused

permission, disappointing hundreds of Catholics who had traveled across the

country for the event (The Wanderer).

One can conclude from this that American bishops seem more alarmed about

traditional Catholics ("Tridentiners") expressing their faith than

pedophile priests expressing their perversions.

Are the bishops right?

Two different things. Two different reactions. How sick can you be to equate the two?

That is sick, and I'm quite offended you posted that there.

Calumny!

Guest SemJoe

In my understanding of all of topic of pedophile priests, each case is individual and each case is important. The way we did things in the past is good to look at, but not to dwell on. It seems clear that the church has taken the right steps to fixing the problem and protecting children from this problem. Of course, there is a greater problem out there than pedophile priests, namely, pedophilia in general is something that is a great problem. It is not just happening in rectories, it happens in every walk of life. If is understand it correctly, this problem happens more often in the very homes the children live in my their very own fathers.

As regards to the Tridentine mass, it doesn't relate my friend, it is a different issue. The priest who was kicked out for saying the mass was probably kicked out of his parish for other reasons than just saying the mass. I would look into all the details of that action before making a generalized statement about the decision of the bishop there.

Mary, queen of the rosary...pray for us

JoeSem

Don John of Austria

There is nothing Wrong with the Tridientine Mass, the Church does not say there is anything Wrong with it, there is something wrong with defying the Magisterium on matters of the mass.

Good Friday

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Edited by Good Friday

He's posted 23 posts in the span of about a month. I've managed to post more in the span of a few days. <insert bragging here>

Now, as a Usenet junky, staying for a month sounds like a rather persistent, stubborn, or foolish troll to me. I could be mistaken though.

Pedophiles should get life. Real life, that is, until they are totally (not mostly) dead.

That is, if parents don't get to them first.

And we should send the Marines in to do target practice on NAMBLA members (in all countries)

Re-read the first post. Is it true, or is it not?

That the Bishops do move fast to squelch the expressions of "Tridentine" faith but not to remove the flock-abusing wolves?

Does anyone here read the Dicese Report or the Wanderer? Do people know about Roman Catholic Faithful? Or Michael Rose' book?

Bad fruit.

Read the depositions. C. Law, and poor Father Haley's, et al. Go to RCF's website for Father Haley's. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of RCF: they have the documentation. If not for them, Bishop Ryan in Ililinois and others would not have been exposed.

Ask the Dallas people about Blessed Sacrament parish, where the Bishop is trying to kick out the beloved pastor... the one who took a sinking parish, made it thrive and uses the Novus Ordo Latin -supposedly not suspect and allowed. The people there are crying to not be starved, 'cause there are like two parishes in the whole place Catholic enough where people discern they won't lose the faith.

We're in big trouble that God would place such men to be over us. But we're in the worst trouble of all if we layity deny the stinking, rotten fruit.

Edited by Donna

cmotherofpirl

THe Wanderer is way far off the deep end of the map. The Diocese Report is fast heading in the same direction. THey lack any sense of balance.

Disobedience on all fronts is a sin whethers its a trad or liberal or pedophile (which most of these priests were not).