An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yet Another Pcpa House!

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

As seen on [url="http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-house-for-poor-clares-of-perpetual.html"]Fr. Tim's blog[/url] (he got it from somewhere else, but he's the bee's knees in my blogging opinion ;)).

Hurrah!

Ok, let the PCPA-joy-frenzy-type stuff begin again :D I'm in an indulgent mood for the moment so I'll resist the urge to increase the cheering for the Benedictine camp ;) :lol:

:yahoo:

Edited by puellapaschalis

:D Wow,That's right here in my stomping grounds! I know the Discaled Carmelites are here, I visited them years ago. It kind of worked out that I didnot enter,as my mother had a stroke,and i helped care for her,and later my dad got sick due to COPD(chronic obstructed pulminary diease).

I'll have to take some time a drive out to Our Lady of the Atonement Church.Maybe sometime after the sisters are established here I could write and visit them. I'm going on 52,so too old most likely for them,but would still like to somehow help them out.Way cool!

RosaMystica

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1473756' date='Mar 7 2008, 07:57 PM']So will they be using the Anglican rite mass?
Does anyone know?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the new PCPAs in AZ have the Tridentine Mass celebrated at their monastery. These Sisters are already growing down in the the desert! They already have a first year novice! Praise God!

VeniteAdoremus

I thought their novice is continuing her discernment at home for the moment?

Anyway, YAY for more PCPA's! If they keep going at this rate the human race will die out in two centuries because all the women are entering :D

brendan1104

They have the Novus Ordo, not Tridentine.

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1474877' date='Mar 10 2008, 12:54 AM']I'm pretty sure the new PCPAs in AZ have the Tridentine Mass celebrated at their monastery. These Sisters are already growing down in the the desert! They already have a first year novice! Praise God![/quote]

RosaMystica

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I saw pictures of them at Mass in their monastery in AZ and the priest was celebrating the Tridentine Mass. Maybe that was just a one time thing I guess. I apologize for the wrong information.

I didn't know that their novice is at home at this time! I was wondering where she went! :think:

Thanks for correcting me! ^_^

RosaMystica

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1475073' date='Mar 10 2008, 05:44 PM']The mass is said ad orientum, but it is a NO mass. :-)[/quote]

What's ad orientum?

puellapaschalis

Ad orient[b]e[/b]m. It means "towards [the] East" and refers to the way of celebrating Mass in which the priest and the congregation all face the same way - towards the altar and tabernacle.

RosaMystica

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1475105' date='Mar 10 2008, 06:48 PM']Ad orient[b]e[/b]m. It means "towards [the] East" and refers to the way of celebrating Mass in which the priest and the congregation all face the same way - towards the altar and tabernacle.[/quote]

Thank you. Being an Eastern Rite Catholic, I'm not very familiar with all of the Latin terms but I'm learning!