An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inside Picchick's Head

picchick

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1480884' date='Mar 20 2008, 06:36 PM']I think Matthew was busy writting it all down and finishing his account before the others and that Paul was contimplating all the things Jesus had said about him (your feet stink, for salvation I need to wash 'em and the rooster thing)[/quote]

I didn't know Paul was there.....I thought he hated Jesus.....

Do you mean Peter perhaps? ;)

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1480884' date='Mar 20 2008, 06:36 PM']I think Matthew was busy writting it all down and finishing his account before the others and that Paul was contimplating all the things Jesus had said about him (your feet stink, for salvation I need to wash 'em and the rooster thing)[/quote]
and Mark's gospel was written before Matthew's...

So I don't know if it is Happy Easter on Sunday or Merry Christmas....we got about 3 inches and snow and should expect another 6. grrrr.....

Good Friday liturgy was cool as always. I don't like being rushed in venerating the cross but it always seems to be that way. Don't know why.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACH!

[quote name='picchick' post='1481240' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:02 PM']Good Friday liturgy was cool as always. I don't like being rushed in venerating the cross but it always seems to be that way. Don't know why.[/quote]
yeah!!
I know exactly what you mean.
no one's rushing you, but you feel rushed anyway.
I don't get that.

[quote name='picchick' post='1481240' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:02 PM']So I don't know if it is Happy Easter on Sunday or Merry Christmas....we got about 3 inches and snow and should expect another 6. grrrr.....

Good Friday liturgy was cool as always. I don't like being rushed in venerating the cross but it always seems to be that way. Don't know why.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACH![/quote]
I hope they played St Matthew's Passion today on my local classical station :mellow:

MissScripture

[quote name='picchick' post='1481240' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:02 PM']So I don't know if it is Happy Easter on Sunday or Merry Christmas....we got about 3 inches and snow and should expect another 6. grrrr.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACH![/quote]
I not only got rushed, I got PUSHED up to it! <_<

MissScripture

[quote name='picchick' post='1481240' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:02 PM']Good Friday liturgy was cool as always. I don't like being rushed in venerating the cross but it always seems to be that way. Don't know why.[/quote]
I not only got rushed, I got PUSHED up to it! <_<

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1481476' date='Mar 22 2008, 12:48 AM']I hope they played St Matthew's Passion today on my local classical station :mellow:[/quote]
They played St. Matthew's passion on the Catholic station yesterday, complete with commentary by Al Kresta. Believe it or not, it was the first time I'd heard it in it's entirety and I was blown away.... :cool:

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1481491' date='Mar 22 2008, 01:10 AM']I not only got rushed, I got PUSHED up to it! <_<[/quote]

you were in my way

I purposely left extra space between me and the person infront of me, so that when they were finished, I could walk up quickly and venerate and leave the person behind me in the dust!

I did not plan for the person behind me to be a toddler, and she thought I was playing a game, so she pretty much ran into me. :)

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1481562' date='Mar 22 2008, 08:48 AM']I purposely left extra space between me and the person infront of me, so that when they were finished, I could walk up quickly and venerate and leave the person behind me in the dust!

I did not plan for the person behind me to be a toddler, and she thought I was playing a game, so she pretty much ran into me. :)[/quote]

That's what you get...

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1481564' date='Mar 22 2008, 08:54 AM']my plan would have worked too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!!

</scooby doo>[/quote]

You watched to much TV as a kid...

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1481491' date='Mar 22 2008, 01:10 AM']I not only got rushed, I got PUSHED up to it! <_<[/quote]

yes!!! That is what they did. They said, "Two people can go up at once." Well, as my brother (Didy) mentioned. That is a little creepy. I mean what if you miss and end up kissing the person next to you while trying to venerate the cross. So I waited a bit behind and they pushed me up to the cross with the person next to me. Needless to say I was a tad mad.