An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game On, Hockey Fans

Ash Wednesday

Hatcher is a goon, and deserves to be suspended for at least a game. The man has no skating ability anymore and just stands there on defense. The only way he gets away with it is because his arms are 40 feet long and he can reach all over the place. 17 PIMs in one game is ridiculous for someone who is supposed to be a defensive leader.

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1513462' date='Apr 28 2008, 10:32 PM']Hatcher is a goon, and deserves to be suspended for at least a game. The man has no skating ability anymore and just stands there on defense. The only way he gets away with it is because his arms are 40 feet long and he can reach all over the place. 17 PIMs in one game is ridiculous for someone who is supposed to be a defensive leader.[/quote]

Hey man, my son is named after Hatcher.

Wow, Lundqvuist. Five goals on seventeen shots? In your team's biggest game of the year?

3-0 Pens. Geesh, where's those brooms again?

Ash Wednesday
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Our penalty killing was EPIC. This, my friends, is a team that wants to make a real run at the Cup.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='XIX' post='1514611' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:43 PM']Wow, Lundqvuist. Five goals on seventeen shots? In your team's biggest game of the year?

3-0 Pens. Geesh, where's those brooms again?[/quote]

So much for his promise that they were going to win today! :lol_roll:
He should have listened to Messier!!!

[quote]In the midst of three NHL playoff series going to a Game 7 in the first round, Mark Messier wouldn't recommend a captain guaranteeing a victory in an elimination game as he did 14 years ago with the New York Rangers.[/quote]

[url="http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hWmiK-tWNy63NfwE5cpm4ymyEjqw"]http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...fwE5cpm4ymyEjqw[/url]

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1514659' date='Apr 29 2008, 11:29 PM']:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Our penalty killing was EPIC. This, my friends, is a team that wants to make a real run at the Cup.[/quote]
Not gonna lie, I think Fleury and Malkin were the only guys who showed up today. Until the final nine minutes of the game, and even that seemed more like a case of the Rangers spirit being broken.

Oh well, the Pens are still the most impressive team in the playoffs so far.

Ash Wednesday

No way man, Staal was a freaking beast. As in the Penguin Staal. All this and Gary Roberts is a *healthy* scratch.

ETA: If the Pennsylvania primary was a bit later, I think Hollweg would have won the PA vote.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

fides quarens intellectum
:numchucks: Let's go, Red Wings! :clap:

so - i watched the game at an Old Chicago - 20-25 :drunk: and loud Avs fans, then myself and a guy in a Datsuk jersey rooting for Detroit. It was sweet, considering Pavel got two goals.

i was worried during the third period, though.

i'm really, really hoping to go to game four on Thursday night, and see the Avs play their last game this season. :photo:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1514742' date='Apr 30 2008, 12:42 AM']No way man, Staal was a freaking beast. As in the Penguin Staal. All this and Gary Roberts is a *healthy* scratch.

ETA: If the Pennsylvania primary was a bit later, I think Hollweg would have won the PA vote.[/quote]
LOL.

Yeah the Pens had a few other guys play well. But Lundqvist should have been the first start of the game--he was the biggest reason the Pens won!

So I figure the series is practically over. Once a series goes 3-0, it's almost impossible to get it turned around after that. Rangers might win game 4, but not game 5.

The Flyers and the Habs should be an entertaining series. I think the Flyers will win, but that series has been crazy. Wings and Stars obviously seems to be the West final. So yeah. The playoffs have been crazy and unpredictable.

[quote name='XIX' post='1514912' date='Apr 30 2008, 06:41 AM']What do the New York Rangers have in common with the New York Knicks?
They both stink at hockey.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1514934' date='Apr 30 2008, 07:49 AM']Habs are having trouble.

Is it sinfyul to pray for a hockey team to win?[/quote]

so we can have another riot? j/k.

Ash Wednesday

I have to give props to Jagr though. He wanted that really bad and I don't think he'll go down easily. I felt really sad when he said it might be his last game. He looked like he was about to cry. Admittedly it's probably not the best thing to say as a captain when you haven't lost the series yet. :mellow: Hey Jags, you can always just do what Barrasso did and sign a pro forma contract, leaving hockey as a Penguin. :)

By the way,Sidney has a new nickname: Zorro. :lol_roll:
His apparent lack of a playoff beard earned him that one in the locker room...

[img]http://www.mattwardman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/20070405-zorro-head.gif[/img]

[img]http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2008/04/penstv_nyc.jpg[/img]

Edited by Ash Wednesday